US Politics VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Sessions is creating a religious liberty task force.

This is, no doubt, to protect Muslims from being persecuted, right?

Or perhaps to protect the evangelicals' rights to discriminate against others?

Probably the latter :angry:

Let's see if they'll uphold Wiccan's religious rights?

No, heathens!

Last edited:
Right? Amazing how the goalposts keep shifting.

Now the Manafort trial's about to start, though, it'll be interesting to see what comes of that and how that'll add to the general investigation. Giuliani's constant babbling and revealing comments about the Trump team's shady actions will no doubt prove helpful, too.

https://www.latimes.com/business/hi...hous-medicare-20180730-story.html?cid=dlvr.it

Dems need to run on three things:
1. Medicare for All
2. Abolish ICE
3. Election reform

:up:

Wouldn’t abolishing ICE play into the narrative that liberals want anyone to come across the border ?

I’d frame it as immigration reform

Rebecca Solnit:

“This is the thing that never happened that was a conspiracy theory that was made up by libtards to cover up for HRC's flaws that was a smear against DT who said that there was no collusion and also that he was not told there was collusion, though he did tell us that it was Putin who told him there was no collusion and didn't mention that US intel briefed him on all the details of the collusion that wasn't, which was just a deep state theory though it was also discussed by foreign news organizations, Mother Jones's David Corn, senators on both sides of the divide, and some other very good journalists who were all part of a vast international conspiracy to pretend that Vladimir Putin was an ex-KBG agent who engages in espionage and intervention and that Russia was not a happy place of song, and anyone who didn't think so was anti-Russian, especially the Russian exiles and Pussy Rioters who didn't think so, and now it's Obama's fault for not telling DT about this collusion that doesn't exist, except that insofar as it exists it's a good thing because it got us to this person who's on a leash that seems to extend to the Kremlin, but to say so is McCarthyist, because to oppose this actual protege of McCarthy's actual right-hand man, Roy Cohn, as he crawls toward Putin's oligarchical post-soviet regime is to be anticommunist?

Seriously, the reason that this matters, aside from the fact that DT did not win a legitimate election and it's nicer to have legit elections, is that Putin is the global leader of a shift to a white nationalist authoritarian/anti-democratic misogynist homophobic movement as well as an enemy of climate action (since a lot of his profits come from fossil fuel), and Trump serves alll his agendas, slavishly.”

Wouldn’t abolishing ICE play into the narrative that liberals want anyone to come across the border ?

I’d frame it as immigration reform

Moving aside from the fact that personally I do believe that anyone who wants to come here should be able to, Democrats can fight this framing by bringing up the fact that ICE is only 15 years old and we had border control before ICE. Also pointing out the numerous abuses that ICE has perpetrated would be great.

I’m for open borders too. Some vetting should be done of course

Democrats are so bad at messaging tho, so i don’t expect a clear answer to any policy

I think ICE should be abolished, but I don't know if running on that outside of the Southwest is a great idea given vast swaths of this country believe MS13 is invading and Fox News apparently doesn't know Baja California is part of Mexico.

[TWEET]1024327592697114625[/TWEET]

Well, the Drumph does favor the religious right these days . . . and there's this . . .

The Mark of the Beast
16And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark — the name of the beast or the number of its name

Talk about your self fulfilling prophecy.

Every day is a peek into the mind of a madman who’s losing his grip with reality.

God damn Crooked Hillary!!! Why doesn’t anyone arrest her!!!

Here’s the thing, Trump has access to any info he wants. If Clinton was guilty of something it could be found.

Yet he acts like she’s untouchable and he doesn’t have any means to stop her!!!

I'm still trying to figure out their latest argument/defense. "Well, if we did collude (which we didn't, but let's be like OJ for a moment and say we did), that's okay, 'cause collusion isn't a crime...now let's go investigate Hillary's attempts at collusion and lock her up at long last!"

Just...what?

It's clear as day that Trump is getting more and more scared as the investigation keeps tightening around him. This is not the behavior of an innocent man, that's for damn sure.

Something ... is about to give. I can feel it coming, I think I know what it is ...

Indeed so.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/special-c...n-justice-204209578--abc-news-topstories.html

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office wants to ask President Donald Trump about obstruction of justice, sources close to the White House tell ABC News. According to sources, the president learned within the last day that the special counsel will limit the scope of questioning and would like to ask questions both orally and written for the President to respond to.

:corn:

I think it was the mueller thing

But more that he knows he’s done, at least meaning the case for obstruction is solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom