US Politics VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u1yb5vhsqka11.png

Trump gets to nuke Iran

Russia gets to fully invade Ukraine and other former USSR states

NATO is no more

love her :D

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...s-to-donald-trump-via-her-brooches-absolutely

on the first day of the Trump visit, the Queen wore a simple green brooch that was given to her by the Obamas to signify their friendship. On the second day, she wore a brooch given to her by Canada, a country with which Trump is less than pleased at the moment (also, it was in the shape of a snowflake, a classic Trump term for people who disagree with him.) And, for the last day, she chose a brooch she wore to the funeral of her father, so not one associated with happiness and joy. Queen’s brooches: 3. Trump: 0.

So Trump takes back what he said yesterday

Also mentions collaborations with Russia but won’t state what they are or involve (would guess sanctions being dropped )

Also the Russian NRA chick was invited to the national prayer breakfast.

These guys are so fucked haha. Assuming what’s left of our checks and balances hold up

They all deserve to be thrown out and put in jail. And I don't mean some fancy white collar style type of place, either. I know I've said before that I wasn't expecting Trump to actually serve jail time after all is said and done, but no. He absolutely MUST go to jail. He NEEDS to see actual, serious consequences for the shit he's put all of us through.

I lost my keys to my house Sat night cso I actually didn't get to even hear any thing till I was at my sib's Sunday night (got key copies Mon) when we watched some she'd MSNBC stuff.
:crack::crack::crack:

I figured this summit was going to be on the bad side ...

... but holy shite not that bad!
Half-imbelcelic, kow-towing, kick our REAL allies down, constant fucking LIAR!!!

(tell us how you really feel, dbl )

We need another "At long last, have you left no sense of decency?" moment, served to Trump and his cronies' faces.
Omg, yes. :crack:

no, it doesn't. even at the height of the cold war, anyone actively assisting the USSR was charged with espionage, not treason, because there was no declaration or active state of war. if the rosenbergs had taken the nuclear secrets they gave to the soviets and instead handed them to the nazis, that would be treason.

but in any case, saying nice things about the enemy and admiring them isn't treason, even in war time. you have to physically do something to aid the enemy's war effort for it to be treasonous and not just disloyal.

i'm talking about the legal standard, of course the standard for what the public considers "treason" is not nearly as strict.

:nerd:

"High Crimes" , then?

He could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and people would still support him.
haven't forgotten that.:sad:

Anyone think the point of this summit was for Putin to show the world he’s boss ?

What better way to show you’re the most powerful figure in the world than to call the POTUS your puppet
Some think it was more like giving Putin a "legitimate" world stage presence.

But but but Hillary, but but Obama, but but the Easter bunny!
:lol: Thanks , I needed that!

Epic troll by the Queen. Bravo.???????????????????????? When Trump was walking in front of her she should have kicked him in the butt.

:lol: :lol: oh, god, thanks, too for another laff, amidst this mayhem, misery, and fear!

Yes, just before I arrived here, I saw the commentary on The Queen's (Obama & Michell's gift) broach!

Last edited:
Then I woke up late Tues just in time to hear the public radio person before his show ended continuing a stunned reaction, to something I hadn't heard what it was then.

Turned out to be drumph's "would"/" wouldn't" retraction.
Frak him, effing liar!

Now, mostly caught up. But some interesting thing to mention tomorrow

Ok still have a bit of battery

on mic daily , they pointed out that Putin mentioned stuff that was part of that meeting at Trump Tower in 2016

Last edited:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/how-to-survive-americas-kill-list-699334/

Yet another example of our horrifying foreign policy. The Democrats have continued to pry the door open and then allow the Republicans to kick it in repeatedly. Both parties have terrifying records on this front, and the military industrial complex is seemingly the only institution completely and totally immune from changes of power in this country.

Kareem now had no doubt he was on America’s infamous “Kill List.” Most Americans don’t even know we have such a thing. We do. Officially, it goes by the ghoulish bureaucratic euphemism “Disposition Matrix.”

Seemingly conceived in the Obama years, the lethal list – about which little is known outside a few leaks and court pleadings – appears to sort people into targeting for capture, interrogation, or assassination by drone. It was run by a star-chamber of two-dozen security officials and the president. According to a 2012 New York Times report, they met once a week to decide which targets around the world lived or died.

These meetings became known as “Terror Tuesdays.”

As Obama was preparing to leave office, candidate Donald Trump was promising to jack up the number of bombings in the Middle East. “You have to take out their families,” he said.

It’s one of the few promises he’s fulfilled. Reports vary, but some estimate that Trump has upped the pace of drone attacks by about four or five times the Obama rate, which itself was 10 times the rate of Bush.

We kill suspects whose names we know, and whose names we don’t; we kill the guilty and the not guilty; we kill men, but also women and children; we kill by day and by night; we fire missiles at confirmed visual targets, but also at cellphone numbers we hope belong to targets.

The case, still unresolved more than a year later, has awesome implications not just for Kareem but for all Americans – all people everywhere, for that matter.

It’s not a stretch to say that it’s one of the most important lawsuits to ever cross the desk of a federal judge. The core of the Bill of Rights is in play, and a wrong result could formalize a slide into authoritarianism that began long ago, but accelerated after 9/11.

Since that day, we have given presidents enormous power – to make war, to torture, to detain indefinitely – and our entire legal system has been transformed on a variety of fronts, placing huge questions about illegal searches, warrantless arrest, indefinite detention, torture and other matters behind an impenetrable wall of secrecy, outside the reach of courts.

And yet, nobody is paying attention. While America obsesses over Russia, Stormy Daniels and Kim Jong-Un, almost no one is covering Kareem’s trial. His race-against-time effort to escape the American killing machine is too surreal, even in the Trump era. But it’s also a potentially devastating last-straw moment in the history of America’s recent dystopian slide, with the executive branch asking for the ultimate in dictatorial powers: the right to kill even its own citizens without having to explain itself.

er what do you guys think about this? Bernie Sanders' chief strategist is all over Mueller's list of evidence for the Manafort trial omg

was communicating with Manafort and a Russian connected to Putin up to June 2014, then joined Sanders' campaign that November :ohmy:

[TWEET]1019970082812940289[/TWEET]

Have to wait for more detail but i would think if Bernie and/or Jill Stein worked with Russians Mueller knows

Seriously, is there anything else we can do, alongside voting in November and trying to contact legislators, to stop this madness already? Should we all talk about organizing some nationwide sit-in or something of that sort to get the message through that Trump and anyone who sides with him must go?

I just feel like all our current efforts aren't enough, that we've got to do something REALLY big and dramatic to scare these people into stopping this. And I'd like to try and halt this craziness before they can fuck things up further in November, too.

Seriously, is there anything else we can do, alongside voting in November and trying to contact legislators, to stop this madness already? Should we all talk about organizing some nationwide sit-in or something of that sort to get the message through that Trump and anyone who sides with him must go?

I just feel like all our current efforts aren't enough, that we've got to do something REALLY big and dramatic to scare these people into stopping this. And I'd like to try and halt this craziness before they can fuck things up further in November, too.
Vote in November and volunteer for get out the vote drives.

If Congress flips he's done. Until then? He'll survive until the GOP grows a set, which doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

Color me not the least bit surprised.

I’d like to be wrong about Bernie. But fuck Jill Stein.

Know who else didn’t release their tax returns ? Burneee

Also there were rumors about his campaign contributions, mostly that nobody knew where a lot of the $$$$ was coming from. And weird contributions too, like thousands of $27 payments. Which was something like the bare min (I’m not doing it justice )

And hey, guess who’s coming over for dinner just before Mid-Terms. America’s daddy, Putin

Yeeeeeeeeeeah, somebody had better grow a pair and actively stop Putin making his way over here. We don't need another "secret meeting", and on our own home turf, no less. Jesus, this is insane.

As for the news about Bernie, whenever this nightmare passes and we finally get a stable group of people back in the White House again, one of the first things those people absolutely MUST do is make it a requirement that every politician, be they local, state, or federal, release their tax returns, as well as any other pertinent information of that sort, when they decide to run for office. If they refuse to do so, then they have to drop out of the race. We cannot go through this shit again.

If Congress flips he's done. Until then? He'll survive until the GOP grows a set, which doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

I'll look into the volunteering stuff, yeah :). Maybe do a bit of helping out at local Democratic headquarters, too.

Found out, by the way, while reading up a little more on Welch, that he was from my home state of Iowa. I hadn't known that before :). That makes me rather proud.

Sounded like a pretty badass guy in general, if his Wiki entry's anything to go by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_N._Welch

:up:
er what do you guys think about this? Bernie Sanders' chief strategist is all over Mueller's list of evidence for the Manafort trial omg

was communicating with Manafort and a Russian connected to Putin up to June 2014, then joined Sanders' campaign that November :ohmy:

[TWEET]1019970082812940289[/TWEET]
:ohmy: Oh, dear! I guess we'll have to see how this pans. I like Bernie. Voted for Hillary (who I like, and that could win more)
[tweet]

Yeeeeeeeeeeah, somebody had better grow a pair and actively stop Putin making his way over here. We don't need another "secret meeting", and on our own home turf, no less. Jesus, this is insane.

As for the news about Bernie, whenever this nightmare passes and we finally get a stable group of people back in the White House again, one of the first things those people absolutely MUST do is make it a requirement that every politician, be they local, state, or federal, release their tax returns, as well as any other pertinent information of that sort, when they decide to run for office. If they refuse to do so, then they have to drop out of the race. We cannot go through this shit again.

I'll look into the volunteering stuff, yeah :). Maybe do a bit of helping out at local Democratic headquarters, too.
Have volunteered in the past. Will make my best effort!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom