US Politics VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember all the Republicans who were constantly accusing President Obama of cowtowing to other countries? Extrapolated to accusing him of hating the US.

Are the same people speaking out today?

I think about that all the time. Obama dares to bow to a world leader and the right flips the fuck out. "OH MY GOD HE'S MAKING US LOOK WEAK!"

But kissing up to Putin? Yeah, that's totally cool. No problem there.

The GOP is rotten. The supporters are a lost cause.

I'm sure one of them will be here soon to tell us that he "doesn't know" what to make of this. Or that it's the President's "boorish" but "effective" way of communicating.

This is a disaster. Every person who can vote must show up to boot these people out of office. Every last one of them must go, it's like cutting out a cancer.

If anyone wants to make some calls to any representatives who might still actually give a damn and demand they do something about this...

https://callyourrep.co/

The people representing my state are all in Trump's pocket, so I doubt they'll do more than express "stern disapproval" (which Ernst has already done), but I still called and expressed my concerns anyway.

Last edited:
I never want to hear the word "patriotism" from the GOP or their supporters ever again.

Also, where the fuck are you, Democratic party? I know you're technically powerless, but stand the fuck up and yell!

I never want to hear the word "patriotism" from the GOP or their supporters ever again.

Also, where the fuck are you, Democratic party? I know you're technically powerless, but stand the fuck up and yell!

:up: Particularly to your first sentence.

We need another "At long last, have you left no sense of decency?" moment, served to Trump and his cronies' faces.

can we not blindly make insinuations with zero evidence about children being raped please? that's some pizzagate-level shit. we're better than that.

I don't believe Trump is some sort Pizzagate person.

Instead, as the links above detail, this is more Trump and his pals (who are known pedophiles like Roy Moore) banging teenage super models.

BBC just released a documentary covering this, speaking to former models who were at these parties and met Trump firsthand.

The media completely failed us. Instead of covering stories like this, to determine the truth behind them, we got non stop coverage of his rallies and the stupid shit he said. Oh, and EMAILS!!!

It is so obvious that after today, to have the POTUS stand up next to Putin and kiss his ass, blame the USA for the election interference, and take a KGB agent, a man who has murdered journalists, his own people, poisoned people in other countries, invaded other countries, shot down a commercial jet over the entire US intel community......that Putin has some major fucking shit on Donald Trump.

Yes why is trump willing to rip apart pretty much every allie of the USA yet can’t even mildly call out Russia for anything? Heck even today when he said both parties made mistakes, he mentioned the US by name but did not mention Russia by name only as “both”. Putin must have some serious shit on trump and trump is too afraid to piss him off. So in other words Putin is running trump. Trump is Putin’s puppet and there is nothing trump can do cos putin must know something real demaging about trump.

[pedant]it's not. treason requires the country to be at war.[/pedant]

[pedant]well, if the country is being attacked by the foreign adversary in question, doesn't that count?[/pedant]

[pedant]well, if the country is being attacked by the foreign adversary in question, doesn't that count?[/pedant]

no, it doesn't. even at the height of the cold war, anyone actively assisting the USSR was charged with espionage, not treason, because there was no declaration or active state of war. if the rosenbergs had taken the nuclear secrets they gave to the soviets and instead handed them to the nazis, that would be treason.

but in any case, saying nice things about the enemy and admiring them isn't treason, even in war time. you have to physically do something to aid the enemy's war effort for it to be treasonous and not just disloyal.

i'm talking about the legal standard, of course the standard for what the public considers "treason" is not nearly as strict.

:nerd:

Well, Fox News seems divided on Treason Summit. Luckily, they have Tucker Carlson around to bring it back to good old fashioned white supremacy.

Since I'm Mexican-America, I guess I'm really just an agent of Mexico.

[TWEET]1018979195974832128[/TWEET]

I am fairly sure he would think of you as “just” Mexican. Because when else has he shown anything more?

no, it doesn't. even at the height of the cold war, anyone actively assisting the USSR was charged with espionage, not treason, because there was no declaration or active state of war. if the rosenbergs had taken the nuclear secrets they gave to the soviets and instead handed them to the nazis, that would be treason.

but in any case, saying nice things about the enemy and admiring them isn't treason, even in war time. you have to physically do something to aid the enemy's war effort for it to be treasonous and not just disloyal.

i'm talking about the legal standard, of course the standard for what the public considers "treason" is not nearly as strict.

:nerd:

hehe :up:

i just wonder if this situation will eventually be deemed a state of war though, a new kind of war...

can we not blindly make insinuations with zero evidence about children being raped please? that's some pizzagate-level shit. we're better than that.
There's actually smoke to the Trump story (and Bill Clinton, too)... whereas Pizzagate was the stupidest thing ever created.

Trump did hang around Epstein often, has publicly admitted to walking into Miss Teen USA locker rooms, and has had suits brought against him by a minor (which was ultimately dropped). His ex wife also says that he raped her.

All of these things should have disqualified him from being nominated, let alone winning. And it's just the surface of his assholery.

So not quite pizza level...

Donald Trump has the moral compass of a pile of shit.

Last edited:
We were talking about this and my husband opined that even a video of Trump having sex with underage girls wouldn't deter his supporters. Underage boys, maybe.

Anyone think the point of this summit was for Putin to show the world he’s boss ?

What better way to show you’re the most powerful figure in the world than to call the POTUS your puppet

Anyone think the point of this summit was for Putin to show the world he’s boss ?

What better way to show you’re the most powerful figure in the world than to call the POTUS your puppet

I don't think that was the point of the summit, as I believe it was initiated by Trump. But it sure is one of its conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom