US Politics VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy the thought of Trump being scared shitless. Don't think he ever really is though, because of his colossal ego and ability to lie and fool so many people.

Interesting piece in ?Washington Post earlier.

Saying that Mueller has farmed out 3 or ?4 cases to the NY Southern District. Thinking that since he's holding on to the Manafort case you that it has more relevance to what he is investigating.

A friend of mine passed away last week. Found out today it was because of something likely preventable, she just didn't go to the doctor for over a month because she didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the bills.

I'm so sick of this.

"You see the Nazi platform in the early 1930s and what was actually put out there ... and you look at it compared to like the DNC platform of today, and you're saying, man, those things are awfully similar, to a point where it's actually scary," Trump Jr. said.

This guy, amirite??

Portraying the things you feel guilty over on to other people must be genetic.

I read that on my flight last night and I couldn’t find what practices he was referring to (not that the statement should’ve been at all regarded). I was curious if he actually had a point to get to, or just a punchline to make. When it proved to be the latter, it was clear to me that Jr. is destined to become his father.

Just a few more divorces.

A friend of mine passed away last week. Found out today it was because of something likely preventable, she just didn't go to the doctor for over a month because she didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the bills.

I'm so sick of this.

So sorry to hear this! #%#$%@#!
To me it's practically criminal that many people are in this situation. But then again you've got some people that don't believe that health care is a right. :(

In a case of Art sparking more thought into action(?)- I don't have Cable/Satellite etc ETV so I just get regular stutf; there a new fall show coming up called "New Amsterdam" where (don't know how this person [character] gets in this position) this Hospital Administrator tells all his staff to just go ahead and treat them everyone without billing anyone! If he catches anyone doing that (billing) he'll fire them. He turns to an associate and says something like - let's see how far we can get before they catch onto us!

Looking forward to this show.

From now on, when people gripe that sports has become "too political"*, I think the automatic response to that complaint should be, "Tell ya what, when the president decides to stop harassing athletes and injecting his opinion about them into everything, then we'll talk."

*Because, y'know, sports has never, EVER mixed with politics in the past. No, that's apparently only been a very recent development.

Remember when Kanye said George Bush doesn't like black people? Well Donald Trump really doesn't seem to like black people who don't like him. It's as if on some level that's not allowed. Hmmmm...

LeBron doesn't like you Donnie, get over it. And he just built a school. Have you ever built a school Donnie? Oh yeah, Trump University.

I was never any fan of LeBron until he started giving his opinions about Trump using sports to divide people. And other opinions. I'll never cheer for him on the basketball court (only because I'm a Celtics fan...his greatness obviously can't be denied), but I cheer him on for saying what he's saying. Athletes have every right to be vocal about these things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom