US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had restaurants that were dirty, I vaguely remember reading about one inside Trump Tower ?

I don't know about that whole refusing to serve her thing, even though she gets up there and defends him and lies for him and says some repulsive things. If it's my restaurant I serve her. There's something fundamentally wrong to me about refusing to serve someone. I leave the judgment of her to a higher power. It's a restaurant, not a tribunal.

I’d seat her, then an hour later give her the bill. When she says she never received her food I’d insist in an angry tone that she’s wrong despite knowing full well she’s correct. Then I’d say I’m not going back and forth on this, you were served and most Americans agree that it was delicious. Then I’d finish by telling her the Bible says she won’t go hungry.

I’d seat her, then an hour later give her the bill. When she says she never received her food I’d insist in an angry tone that she’s wrong despite knowing full well she’s correct. Then I’d say I’m not going back and forth on this, you were served and most Americans agree that it was delicious. Then I’d finish by telling her the Bible says she won’t go hungry.

Taste of her own medicine! I love it!

So the language by Trump seems to be amping up lately regarding immigrants

Infested our country — liking them to animals, pests, non human

Removal without due process — so ICE can deport without any sort of legal ramifications

Invasion — stating that immigrants are invading our country implies that we may need to use military force to push them back.

This is only gonna get worse.

another ethics breach then by a person in public office!

when will this idiot be impeached?
If the Democrats flip Congress in November?

February.

If they don't?

He won't be. Will have to beat him in 2020.

The GOP leadership are spineless.

If the Republicans get slaughtered in one House, but keep a small majority on the other, then there's a chance the GOP sees the writing on the wall and tries to get him out before 2020 and hope that his replacement on the ballot, be it Pence or someone else, can be semi competitive.

If the Democrats flip Congress in November?

February.

If they don't?

He won't be. Will have to beat him in 2020.

The GOP leadership are spineless.

If the Republicans get slaughtered in one House, but keep a small majority on the other, then there's a chance the GOP sees the writing on the wall and tries to get him out before 2020 and hope that his replacement on the ballot, be it Pence or someone else, can be semi competitive.

thanks!

well with the markets falling right now, maybe the GOP will turn on him if he starts to hurt their financial interests - one can only hope

thanks!

well with the markets falling right now, maybe the GOP will turn on him if he starts to hurt their financial interests - one can only hope
Things will have to get reeeeeally bad for the GOP to turn on him prior to the midterms.

Like complete collapse of the economy bad. I'm not even sure the rumored tapes of him dropping N bombs on the set or the apprentice will get the job done pre midterm election.

This simultaneously breaks my heart and makes me angry. A white woman harrasses a Latino using the words our Racist in Chief uses to describe Mexican immigrants. I'm starting to not feel safe in my own country.

[TWEET]1011143243181027330[/TWEET]

This administration has given people the ok and right to be blantantly racist without fear of repercussions. When a leader of a nation is racist, the supporters feel they can be too. Sad. I love the USA I love its people (ok maybe not the trump supporters) but I am seriusly getting to the point where I don’t want to visit the USA anymore until trump and his administration is out. This is incredibly sad because more than half of Americans are very very decent and good people but they are paying the price for the actions of the other half who support this type of behaviour. I live just minutes from the border and I used to do a lot of road trips to the states, went to many states both east and west. Sadly, I am not interested in visiting at this current moment. :(

If Trump supporters want people to stop assuming they're racist, maybe they should, y'know, stop saying things that are racist.

..do you have anything of actual value to contribute to the discussion alongside or beyond this link, or...?

You don’t need thoughts, words, or facts if you have the power of memes on your side.

Thinking of you all, not able to be in Wi-Fi so much. But yelling at the trump news (too?) often. And the children. :crack: :scream:
Hopefully will get to nyc's part of the June 30th demo.

yea, but then how would he get a chance to AUTOGRAPH THE PICTURES OF DEAD PEOPLE.
I missed this at first (on news) but :crack:
Of course Trumpests never hear/ignore the studies showing undocumented immigrants are ?30% less likely to commit violent crimes.

Oh, god, Steve King. Speaking of people I desperately want to see go away...

Nobody should ever listen to that asshole. If he supports something, that's a clear sign that nobody else should. He's frightening.
Ohhhhh, him. :|
Occasionally, though, on a fast listening to the news... I think it's Peter King. Long Island (NYS) representative. I'm like "whaaaaa!?" Oh, he's a Republican but not not the worst of them at times .

Meanwhile her racist Dad proves he’s still the worst Huckabee. [TWEET]1010497564435730434[/TWEET]
Omgggg.... I keep forgetting about him. Disgusting tweet!

Trump continues to mock John McCain. Does it make you feel like a man Donnie to keep doing this to a man who has terminal brain cancer? And to cause more stress and pain to his family?

Yes it's personal to me but fuck off DJT.
I missed he's continuing this taunting. :|

I feel like this horrid administration has set the USA back by atleast 50 years, and has given those that have a lot of hate, bigotry and racism a free pass to freely express what they think. If the administration is full on racist it certainly sets the tone that it is ok to be racist. What a shame especially coming after a president who worked his hardest to move the USA forward on these matters just before the monster we have now!
It's so upsetting, and disturbing this "permission" . I recently heard the same awful people are planning to protest in Charleston, again.

Donald Trump is not going to get me to feel sorry for John McCain, who is a massive piece of shit.

I do feel very fortunate to live in a sanctuary city with a district attorney actively trying to correct the grave errors of the war on drugs.
There is no doubt by McCain had done awful things, supported many terrible policies. I did my own poster against him when he run for President that i put up locally.

But recently he's done some deccent things. Can't totally disregard his terrible disease, I do feel some sympathy.

John McCain has pluses and minuses as a politician. But no one has to get me to feel sorry for him. I just watched my Mom live with terminal cancer for nine months until her recent death two weeks ago.

Cadet bone spurs mocked John McCain's time as a POW. Lower than low, especially considering the fact that he never served in the military. Trump's a massive pile of shit. I'd still feel sorry for him if God forbid he got terminal cancer.
Oh, Mrs Springsteen! I am so sorry this has happened! Terrible, sorrowful. :hug:

John McCain is a man of convictions. To suggest he’s about money I think misses the mark.

Yes, he’s a dirty Warhawk by many accounts. That will be his main legacy. But in what seems to be that man’s final decade, he’s managed to evolve in other aspects and progress, if not as a leader but instead as a follower.

That’s okay in my books.

If you think 90s Democrats and 90s Republicans were dramatically different... the Clintons and Bushes and what have you... it’s hard to say there’s a difference between ANY of them.

I would venture to say there’s GREATER differences between the McCains and bible thumpers (ie politicians vs. zealots) than there are between the McCains and the Clintons. So much as to say that if McCain wasn’t such a stubborn man, he’d have become a Democrat by now. All of those Republican holdouts without spines... they’ll be democrats like the Charlie Crists of this world in due time. Just like the racist pig democrats of the 60s and how they slowly turned into republicans by the 80s.
LN7, of course you know, there were decent Democrats in the 60's.
It is true when LBJ signed certain legislation a(?the Civil Rights Act '65) he said "there goes the South" . (Dixiecrats)

And disagree, the here were differences between 90's Dems and Repubs.
We need to stop saying it can’t happen here.

It absolutely can.

Will it? Don’t know, no one really knows.

But the rhetoric, the policies and actions over the past 18 months has pushed us closer than we have been.
Unfortunately, it ispossible. Is it probable? Don't think so, not yet anyway.

I just want Trump (and Pence) out of the White House at this point, and preferably before 2020, so we don't have to deal with the possibility of him being re-elected. That is literally all I'm asking for. He deserves to be in jail, too, but I'm not holding my breath on that one happening*, so if I can at least see him being made to leave the White House, I'll be happy.

*I would like to see him actually suffer some kind of consequence for his actions, though, just so he can finally get the memo that he can't get away with just anything. What consequences those would be specifically, I don't know, but he deserves some sort of punishment.

I hear ya, Moonlit

Last edited:
:hug: tjnchick

No doubt, you could feel unsafe with all this ugliness out of woodwork for all too see/hear instead of just being an interaction between 2 people, a few people e tc.t

Thank goodness in many ways for smart, video phonrs, tweeter etc. Stuff that many white Americans wouldn't believe before is being revealed to them.

So the language by Trump seems to be amping up lately regarding immigrants

Infested our country — liking them to animals, pests, non human

Removal without due process — so ICE can deport without any sort of legal ramifications

Invasion — stating that immigrants are invading our country implies that we may need to use military force to push them back.

This is only gonna get worse.

Just don’t you dare say “Nazi” because that’s what’s truly offensive.

I am not sure what kina shinnagans will happen today with trumpy trump but I don’t care cos today I officially become a homeowner. I couldn’t be more excited especially after being flooded out of my rental condo from a sewage flood for the last two and a half months and having lost a ton of my positions! Owning my own place and getting back to a normal life with out having to live in hotels is going to feel great! :)

Last edited:
If you think 90s Democrats and 90s Republicans were dramatically different... the Clintons and Bushes and what have you... it’s hard to say there’s a difference between ANY of them.
I don't think they were dramatically different. The hero worship of the politics of the 90s confounds me. Clinton got so much credit for being the candidate who "compromised with Congress" and his legacy among Democrats is that he was the guy who "got things done." What they fail to note is what getting things done meant: financial deregulation and throwing black Americans under the bus.

Bill Clinton is a massive piece of shit. The way Democrats pretend his rape allegations never happened is still remarkable to me.

That’s because everything that he did was actually Hillary’s fault.

Just think if Hillary smiled more, we wouldn’t have a Nazi as president

So we put immigrants in camps and now the Muslim band is being upheld. Just keep on moving backwards, America, keep on going against virtually everything this country's supposed to stand for :sigh:.

Hopefully we can get a good president in 2020 who can get rid of that stupid ban.

I am not sure what kina shinnagans will happen today with trumpy trump but I don’t care cos today I officially become a homeowner. I couldn’t be more excited especially after being flooded out of my rental condo from a sewage flood for the last two and a half months and having lost a ton of my positions! Owning my own place and getting back to a normal life with out having to live in hotels is going to feel great! :)

Congratulations :).

Congrats!!

Funny enough my condo flooded too, years ago, forcing me to move in with my then-boyfriend, now-husband so it worked out great. :lol:

[
DgoLmmZW0AEEqaK.jpg

Obama choosing civility over actually fighting to get his judge on the Court means the Muslim Ban is legal!

This is a reason why I don't think we ever return to a normal functioning politics/government.

The GOP doesn't give a fuck. They will break norms, rules, and all decency to get their way.

The Dems still act like the GOP will wake up and govern like a normal group of people.

If the Dems ever get back into power you have to expect that they'll return the favor.

I don't think the Dems will. One, they may never get back into power because they've allowed the GOP to gerrymander and voter suppress their way to an almost unstoppable majority. Two, the Dems clearly still think we live in Sorkin fantasy land with how they've acted appalled about Sarah Sanders having to order take out. Even the supposed "left" wing of those in power is Bernie Sanders, who won't come out against ICE. We're fucking fucked.

one of my favourite youtube channels actually just yesterday released a pretty interesting video about "rules in politics" describing exactly what you're both talking about, it's very timely to this discussion:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom