US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, one of the potential candidates for Congress in Virginia:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congressional-candidate-virginia-admits-pedophile-011921211.html

I have no words for this.
that's what emojis are for:

:crack: :scream: :crack:

I was on public Wi-Fi thurs night when I
saw an article about this "ocksungi" (made up 'phonetic' spelling of a real Greek word for the stuff you skim off the top of a pot that has just started boiling with a chicken in it - scum and dirt).
A good thing in that had I had Wi-Fi at home and saw the article I saw- I would have screamed in disgust. (shudders)

Come on now!!! Let’s not pollute mars with garbage! I like mars a lot! Let’s keep that place clean. However feel free to ship them to the sun or to mercury. !Either one works.

Yes! Leave our beautiful and mysterious Mars alone :( (was my 2nd thought, too, cori :D ) !

dab has got the better solution. :up:

Saw the article about that guy on Reddit the other day and felt physically ill.
Congrats!!! And welcome to the emotional rollercoaster that is parenting. [emoji813]
Thank you! I'm super nervous, but have lots of time to adjust to the whole thing. Well, until December, which is creeping closer.

Trump supporters: We need the 2nd amendment to protect against tyrannical leaders and a rogue government!!

Everyone else: The President just said he could commit whatever crime he wanted, inxluding murder, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Trump supporters: shutup snowflake, he's just telling it as it is!!!

He’s been a bit more unhinged for the past two weeks.

Also Melania is expected to show to a gold star dinner tonight. But no press is allowed in......

as usual, numbnuts mcgee has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

"Under the fundamental rule that no one may be a judge in his own case, the President cannot pardon himself."
- Assistant Attorney General Mary Lawton, 5 Aug 1974

this is an established legal principle also known as "nemo iudex in causa sua" (literally, "no-one may judge his own case").

in addition, article 2 section 2 of the US constitution says:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have the Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

not to mention that acceptance of a presidential pardon is an admission of guilt in a legal sense, and we all know that donnie dipshit is fundamentally incapable of accepting that he did anything wrong so yea...he's not pardoning himself.

I agree with the ruling. The couple were not seeking a cake off the shelf, they were seeking a custom cake for this event. Obviously I don’t agree with their views, but I agree as business owners we should have the freedom to not endorse things we don’t agree with.

If Trump’s campaign came into my T-shirt shop I can’t deny them buying shirts off the rack, but I do have the freedom to deny them if they asked for me to monogram them campaign shirts.

I agree with the ruling. The couple were not seeking a cake off the shelf, they were seeking a custom cake for this event. Obviously I don’t agree with their views, but I agree as business owners we should have the freedom to not endorse things we don’t agree with.

If Trump’s campaign came into my T-shirt shop I can’t deny them buying shirts off the rack, but I do have the freedom to deny them if they asked for me to monogram them campaign shirts.

If a black couple came into your store, would you deny them if they wanted custom t shirts? Or cakes?

Being gay is not a choice. Denying somebody something because of the way they were born should not be protected under the guise of religious freedom.

If a black couple came into your store, would you deny them if they wanted custom t shirts? Or cakes?

Being gay is not a choice. Denying somebody something because of the way they were born should not be protected under the guise of religious freedom.

You know I agree with you, but this isn’t a matter of choice. You know that I know it’s not a choice.

A business chose their personal beliefs and denied to design and build them something. I can choose to design and build for anyone I want.

i'm very much looking forward to seeing ovechkin lift the cup.

sorry vegas fans, you need to go through some heartbreak before you get to win one.

i get where BVS is coming from. if a landscape artist who believes in equality just happens to have a fan who's a KKK member, the artist should have the right to refuse to paint a burning cross if the KKK guy tries to commission a painting, although KKK guy should also be able to buy a normal painting of a random desert or whatever. in this case from what i understand the state commission was extremely biased against the baker in its ruling so the supreme court was essentially overturning that judgement, rather than setting any legal precedent really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom