US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I never understood that, either. .

I'm struck by the comments I'm seeing from people out there who are complaining about Roseanne being fired for her conservative views. Like, do those people realize that in saying that they're basically implying the shitty things she's saying are things conservatives in general would agree with? 'Cause there's conservatives out there who I'm sure would take issue with that implication.

(To say nothing of the people who still fail to grasp what the First Amendment actually entails.)

Right? I never understood that, either. .

I'm struck by the comments I'm seeing from people out there who are complaining about Roseanne being fired for her conservative views. Like, do those people realize that in saying that they're basically implying the shitty things she's saying are things conservatives in general would agree with? 'Cause there's conservatives out there who I'm sure would take issue with that implication.

an easy way to tell who's an idiot is to look at who's saying that she got fired for her conservative views. no, she got fired for her *racist* views. people who can't tell the difference should be avoided.

I have no clue how we as a society reverse this tribalism and politics as sport.

Do we have to survive until another generation has passed and maybe the younger crowd gets a shot ?

I have no clue how we as a society reverse this tribalism and politics as sport.

Do we have to survive until another generation has passed and maybe the younger crowd gets a shot ?

I used to think it might die with the Baby Boomers — their fault lines having sprung up over Vietnam. I saw Obama as a way to move beyond all that and bring us into the future.

But the racism we’ve seen disinhibited and wielded by Trump show that it’s passed down generation to generation, it’s a feature not a bug of being a conservative in 2018.

fucking hell Kim Kardashian to meet Trump at White House to discuss prison reform and pardon power?

we're living in a parallel universe man, we need Doc and Marty to sort this shit out and fast :crack:

So Trump fails to condemn blatant racism and makes the whole Roseanne thing about him.

Look at how shocked I am. This is my shocked face.

_81300586_81300585.jpg

I don’t know why Trump is involved at all with a tv actor. Could you imagine us being concerned *how* a president responds to a sitcom actresses racist comments for literally any other president?

I don’t know why Trump is involved at all with a tv actor. Could you imagine us being concerned *how* a president responds to a sitcom actresses racist comments for literally any other president?

:up:

fucking hell Kim Kardashian to meet Trump at White House to discuss prison reform and pardon power?

we're living in a parallel universe man, we need Doc and Marty to sort this shit out and fast :crack:

...are you serious?

Hey, conservatives, where's your "celebrities should stay out of politics" griping now? Just curious.

What a true shit show this has become. Just when you think it can’t get any worse... it does. And trump asking Kim k for advice? Lol the White House gone full reality tv mode!

And to those morons saying they want to boycott ABCand Disney because of the cancelling of Barr’s show can kiss my hairy ass (sorry for the visuals) . One plus side to this maybe there will be less trumpets at Disneyland next time I visit!

wFOeV7C.jpg

this is illegal.

he has since deleted the tweet (also illegal).

Is this actually true?? I find it hard to believe that even trump would do this! But then again it is trump and nothing surprises me anymore with trump.. Good god I thought his other tweet about Memorial Day was bad enough, this one takes the cake if it is true!

Last edited:

It's like a cartoon of someone careering down a steep street on an out of control skateboard. I really hope the US stays upright till the end of this guy's term.

It's like a cartoon of someone careering down a steep street on an out of control skateboard. I really hope the US stays upright till the end of this guy's term.

The country is so much more fractured than before he took over. I don’t believe there’s a single person that could unite us together.

I’m afraid it’s only gonna get worse. While it’s important that Mueller does his job, and does it correctly/honestly, the longer it takes the more Trumps attacks will lessen any charges.

And if Trump is removed from office, what are his supporters going to do ?

Final note, Donald totally hacked his wife’s twitter account. No one has seen or heard from Melania in almost a month. What’s that all about ?

Trump is really trying to tell Cohen to hang in there.

And i agree, there’s way too much shit going on right now. There must be some news about to break so Trump needs a ratings boost.

The Europeans already have a 10-page list of items they will potentially slap tariffs on in retaliation, including:
Several common food products, including kidney beans, rice, cereal, peanut butter, etc.
Orange juice
Whiskey
Cigarettes and tobacco
Makeup and skincare products
Clothing such as t-shirts, jeans, cotton items
Several types of steel
Cooking appliances and other kitchen products
Rowing boats, canoes, yachts
Paper towels, toilet paper, tampons, diapers
Several types of shoes
Playing cards
Motorcycles

The Mexicans I think have already announced they will impose tariffs on flat steel, apples, certain cuts of pork and grapes and heaven knows what else.

The Canadians are finalizing their list.

Should be a fun time at the WTO.

i read that GWB tried the same thing re. tariffs back in 2002-2003 to look good at home and the EU slapped tariffs on oranges, which would have heavily affected Florida, and he ultimately caved

it's all so stupid

Samantha Bee

Why say it if you’re just going to apologize for it. Own it!

This administration and President hasn’t apologized for a single thing, and that’s the point. It puts the pressure on the other person to do so and then the optics are said person was in the wrong and Trump is not. No apologies so how can there be something wrong ?

Feckless Crump

Canada already hit him with some bit tarrifs! I am so happy our pm grew some balls and gave him the middle finger! I feel bad for the people affected by this, but if countries don’t start fighting back, then trump will just do whatever he pleases. He has to be stopped, someone has to stand up to him. I hope the rest of the countries in the tariffs list follow suit. Let see how long trump lasts when the rest of the world hates him and gives him the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom