US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an idiot.

They have to fight to the death, not because they can change the outcome but because they need to get a fire lit under their base’s ass.

There's very little they can actually do to prevent it, much like there was very little they could have done to prevent the Republicans from being obstructionist little dicks with Garland. But if there's anything they can do they better god damn do it.

The Democrats have thus far brought a knife to a gun fight. The time to take off the gloves and fight back has passed us by a long time ago.

Fuck if they go low we go high.

Show some god damn fight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am not sure what kina shinnagans will happen today with trumpy trump but I don’t care cos today I officially become a homeowner. I couldn’t be more excited especially after being flooded out of my rental condo from a sewage flood for the last two and a half months and having lost a ton of my positions! Owning my own place and getting back to a normal life with out having to live in hotels is going to feel great! :)

:hyper: :applaud:

This IS wonderful news! I remember when you said that you now thought 'I can afford to buy a house' .

:hyper: :applaud:

This IS wonderful news! I remember when you said that you now thought 'I can afford to buy a house' .

Thank you so very much Dazzle! I am certainly over the moon to own my own place FINALY! I get the keys on Friday and then I’ll take a few days to paint the place and do a few minor fixes and will be good as new! :) I’m sorry to bring this of topic post on the politics thread but was just too excited and wanted to share this with all my friends here! :)

Hi Moonlit, the 'punishment' you're hoping for most likely comes from polling places. Not from folks screaming Nazi, or the Russia hoaxers.

I think folks like this have been undermining their own political preferences, and long before the current president. You can see it on local, state, and federal levels in the last decade plus.

Okay, fine, do you want people to scream "1940s internment camps" instead? Is that a fairer comparison to what's happening at the border for you, then? What is the "appropriate" term we should use to refer to what's going on there?

I mean, as noted here, we had neo-Nazis marching in Charlottesville last year in praise of Trump. And the people in camps at the border are made to look at murals with Trump's face on them. So, you know, sorry if the Nazi comparisons for this administration make some people uncomfortable, but if the shoe fits, well...

But hey, if you and other people don't like the Nazi comparisons, instead of yelling at us for making them, why not go yell at Trump for defending neo-Nazis, like he did in Charlottesville? Why not go call out the Republicans for supporting putting people into camps, and make it clear you won't vote for them in the midterms and beyond? Why are we the ones who have to change our rhetoric to placate people?

I'm not quite sure what exactly you mean by people like this undermining their own political preferences, but as for the polling thing, I agree that people need to get out and vote, and that that's still one of the best ways to make change. But when you've got hacking, gerrymandering, and other political means to try and disenfranchise people, that can be easier said than done.

To be clear, though, when I was referring to Trump facing some kind of punishment, I was thinking more in legal terms. Even if he doesn't actually go to jail (which he really should, and I'm not just talking in terms of the Russia investigation), there should still be a legal punishment of some sort for him, given all the shady shit he's done throughout his life. He should have to answer for his crimes, both from before he was president and during his presidency, someway, somehow.

Thank you so much Moonlit! It’s been about 5 years in the making but as each year passed, the harder it got to afford a place here in Vancouver on a single income. Finally I got a higher paying job that allowed me the opportunity to afford a place. I haven’t been particularly happy the last few years for various boring reasons, but this goal of mine to own my own place has surely put me in a better mood! :)

Glad the hard work and effort paid off for you :).

(Do you need a roommate by any chance? 'Cause I agree that Canada's looking pretty appealing right about now...)

Thank you so very much Dazzle! I am certainly over the moon to own my own place FINALY! I get the keys on Friday and then I’ll take a few days to paint the place and do a few minor fixes and will be good as new! :) I’m sorry to bring this of topic post on the politics thread but was just too excited and wanted to share this with all my friends here! :)
If this is where you connect with most i-landers- then it's the right place to share some happy news w us (powers know we need some!). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom