US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the biggest setback yet for the Trump administration in its attempt to end a program that shields some undocumented young adults from deportation, a federal judge ruled Tuesday that the protections must stay in place and that the government must resume accepting new applications.

Judge John D. Bates of Federal District Court for the District of Columbia said that the administration’s decision to terminate the program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, was based on the “virtually unexplained” grounds that the program was “unlawful.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/daca-dreamers-trump.html

Another federal judge blocked Drumpf's DACA repeal, this time saying that the government will have to continue accepting new applications.

Well if there is a silver lining to my situation, ie having my condo completely flooded with about two inches of shit cos some moron dumped cat litter in their toilet, is that I’ve had no time to know what the bafoon trump admin is up to! Although I’m living in hotels now, it’s kina refreshing not being up to date on the trump shit show!

old man yells at steve doocy, threatens justice department.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/989482398109896704

lolz the Southern District of New York has already put Trump's rant into a court filing in the Michael Cohen case to bolster their claims and hurt Cohen's.

Oh he's so dumb.

Dbt0F0HVwAANK9A.jpg

I have no doubt Kanye's timing is all about publicity, but given that Trump has lived out a number of Kayne's misogynistic fantasies, I also believe that the admiration is probably real.

a) Trump's call to Fox and Friends: HOLY SHIT.

b) Kanye: I mean .... has it always just been speculation that he's dealt with some mental health issues? I don't know if he's ever addressed it. I'm not comfortable joining on the WTF KANYE train.

c) But still ... WTF KANYE.

it's not just speculation. he's manic depressive. he's talked about it quite openly in his music, and was hospitalized in a psychiatric ward for a little while last year too around the anniversary of his mom's death (which was also shortly after kim was robbed in her hotel in paris).

people on the internet are saying that the WSJ leaked documents from Walter Reed Hospital that show Donnie's weight is 289 lbs, blood pressure 154/91, cholesterol is 237.

people on the internet are saying that the WSJ leaked documents from Walter Reed Hospital that show Donnie's weight is 289 lbs, blood pressure 154/91, cholesterol is 237.

He could easily live for another 200 years

Kanye West needs to get with the program. All the best misogynistic rappers supported Hillary. He really needs to criticise Trump, it's much more likely his own sexism will get a pass that way.

Last edited:
Kanye West needs to get with the program and be like the other misogynistic rappers and criticise Trump. It's much more likely his own sexism will get a pass that way.

the hottest of takes :rolleyes:

eta: this racist "misogynistic rappers" trope really needed to be taken out back and shot about 30 years ago.

Last edited:
While it would be a struggle for me to choose between Trump and Kanye West on who I have less use for, I do admire West for having the courage to say what he believes is right in face of almost the entire entertainment industry, to say nothing of the back community. It takes courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more courage to stand up to your friends. Dumbledore gave Gryffindor ten house points when Neville Longbotton did that.

He's staking out an unpopular position no matter what the people around him are saying, and I respect that (even if I disagree with him).

That said, it will be interesting to see if the right wing knee jerk embraces him like they have Roseanne. Both will come back to bite them.

Last edited:
suggesting that you are a racist, no.

suggesting that the tired trope that all rap is misogynistic is racist, yes.

I don't think anyone suggested all rap is misogynistic.

But has misogyny been a problem in rap music? Why yes, it has. And among some of the genres more prominent artists (including Mr. West). I don't think there's anything racist in pointing that out.

On the other hand, denigrating the entire genre, and painting all of rap and hip hop with that brush could be considered racist. But no one here would do such a thing.

That said, it will be interesting to see if the right wing knee jerk embraces him like they have Roseanne. Both will come back to bite them.

IF?! He’s a Trumpican hero, even Trump retweeted one of his tweets. They’re hailing it as the moment blacks leave the Democratic Party.

I don't think anyone suggested all rap is misogynistic.

But has misogyny been a problem in rap music? Why yes, it has. And among some of the genres more prominent artists (including Mr. West). I don't think there's anything racist in pointing that out.

On the other hand, denigrating the entire genre, and painting all of rap and hip hop with that brush could be considered racist. But no one here would do such a thing.

so you just tossed that totally irrelevant "misogynistic" descriptor in there to describe unnamed "rappers" to point out that there's misogyny in hip hop because reasons. got it.

i'm sure you'll also "point out" the just-as-bad-if-not-worse history of misogyny in rock music completely unprompted next time someone mentions any mainstream rock act.

Well, no. Actually, Kanye West's misogyny has been a feature of this story about his Trump love. Including in this thread.

Which is the "because reasons" I brought it up. So, once again, I'm afraid you don't "got it".

Why don't you bring in Cobbler for backup on this one?

it's not just speculation. he's manic depressive. he's talked about it quite openly in his music, and was hospitalized in a psychiatric ward for a little while last year too around the anniversary of his mom's death (which was also shortly after kim was robbed in her hotel in paris).

Gotcha, thanks.

What'd he say?

This Twitter thread has various clips from the show/call:

[TWEET]989475030613585921[/TWEET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom