US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DZyhEwBVMAAdolC.jpg

Now Trump is going after Amazon. Makes me want to buy even more from them than I already do.

They certainly have their issues, all the stories about how they treat their employees being one. But shouldn't he have better things to do? I guess it has to do with taxes? I've been half paying attention.

I enjoy half paying attention to Trump, it's much better for my mental health.

Now Trump is going after Amazon. Makes me want to buy even more from them than I already do.

They certainly have their issues, all the stories about how they treat their employees being one. But shouldn't he have better things to do? I guess it has to do with taxes? I've been half paying attention.

I enjoy half paying attention to Trump, it's much better for my mental health.

it's because Bezos owns The Washington Post apparently

i have to shop at Amazon because i live in the middle of nowhere, and have always felt a bit guilty about it, but now it will give me immense satisfaction doing so :D

Since having kids I have lived on Amazon Prime’s website and app lol.

So, the first person in the whole Trump Collusion Scandal has been sentenced. And... it's a Dutchie. :reject:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/03/politics/alex-van-der-zwaan-sentencing/index.html
A Dutch lawyer tied to former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates became the first person to be sentenced in Robert Mueller's investigation when a federal judge sentenced him on Tuesday to spend 30 days in prison and pay a $20,000 fine after he admitted to lying to investigators.

Though the maximum sentence is apparently 5 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 he got off easy probably as he pleaded guilty and is cooperating with Mueller.

I guess Trump is claiming that the USPS is going under because they are giving a cheap rate to Amazon. Truth is that Amazon is probably keeping the USPS going. My letter carrier told me that they have essentially become UPS, he gets very grumpy about all those packages. Amazon is also now charging sales tax in every state in which they have a physical presence, as far as I know.

I figured it had to do with the Washington Post and Trump going after Amazon because of that. And where are all the free market pro business Republicans to criticize what Trump is doing?

Just took a look at the stock about to vest to my husband next month...brutal.

There are very similar examples of the EU targeting the US the same way in prior WTO disputes (for example by slapping tariffs on oranges before an election to attempt to force their hand by bringing Florida into play). So nothing new by the Chinese and nothing particularly evil about it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom