US Politics VI - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #901
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Sean Hannity is going after Jimmy Kimmel for making fun of Melania Trump's accent. Which I agree 100%, he should not have done. But where was Hannity when awful things were said about Michelle Obama? About her appearance, and blatantly racist things too.

Fox and Friends actually said that President Obama should tell Jimmy Kimmel to leave Melania alone. Something to that effect. They find the most bizarre ways to involve and blame him.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #902
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
They said Sarah Huckabee Sanders is going to be there. Is there a more thankless job in the universe than her job? Probably not. Maybe cleaning Trump's toilet at Mar A Lago?

I'll give her credit, she's always very professionally dressed on camera. She's got it down-simple, monochromatic, strand of pearls. I always notice what she's wearing, I never pay attention to anything she's saying...because it's gobbledygook bs.

There’s not enough soap in the world to clean that mouth of bullshit. I don’t know to fear her or feel sorry for her...

Old 04-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier

So.... (so far?)
Mueller says Trump does not have criminal charges against him.

Do you think he's still trying to find any?
Is he still looking but being extremely quiet about it since he"s looked at so many people and different aspects of trumpworld.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

I think Mueller, from day one, has been doing his job. Probably doesn't like Trump, but that doesn't mean he is trying to find criminal charges against him if they're not there. He's trying to pursue what he has evidence against, and amass more evidence. Probably Trump's kids or Kush.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #905
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
So.... (so far?)
Mueller says Trump does not have criminal charges against him.

Do you think he's still trying to find any?
Is he still looking but being extremely quiet about it since he"s looked at so many people and different aspects of trumpworld.
Trump is still a subject of the investigation, which means he's a person of interest and his actions are within the scope of what Mueller is investigating, and his conduct could potentially be criminal. Whereas the target of an investigation is someone who the prosecutor believes has committed a crime, is likely to be charged, and there is substantial evidence to prove guilt.

The fact that that Trump isn't a target at the moment likely means that Mueller doesn't think he has enough evidence against Trump, now, to convict him of a crime (i.e. there's currently no "slam dunk" case).

Another possibility is that Trump isn't a "target" simply because Mueller has no intention of charging Trump with a crime because he's concluded he legally can't do so (it's generally agreed, and is the position of DOJ, that you can't indict a sitting President).

On the other hand, for a variety of reasons I don't find persuasive the argument advanced in some quarters that Mueller isn't calling Trump a target simply to keep the President from firing him or trying to destroy evidence, or is attempting to "lure Trump into a false sense of security" in an effort to get him to speak under oath (the latter of which would possibly be unethical).

Again, Trump could certainly go from being a "subject" to a "target" at any time (these designations can be, ah, squishy), though for the moment this news would seem to undermine the breathless, and endless talk of smoking guns and open and shut cases. In any event, Trump isn't off the hook, and if I were his lawyer I'd still advise him against talking to the Special Counsel.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #906
Blue Crack Supplier

If Trump speaks under oath, we can add perjury to the series of slam dunks Mueller’s gonna drop on all of us.

Ka-pow!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #907
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mueller should coordinate with the resistance so the indictments and perp walks happen weeks before the November elections, ensuring victory for the Democrats.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #908
Blue Crack Distributor

Oooooooooo the Resistance!
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #909
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Mueller should coordinate with the resistance so the indictments and perp walks happen weeks before the November elections, ensuring victory for the Democrats.

Like he isn’t already!
Old 04-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #910
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:27 AM
I already got the instructions to synchronize my watch!
Old 04-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #911
Blue Crack Distributor

Are you guys going to the next Resistance family picnic?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #912
Blue Crack Distributor

No, because Jim will be there and I can't stand being anywhere near that asshole.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #913
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
No, because Jim will be there and I can't stand being anywhere near that asshole.
But who will bring the avocado toast?
Old 04-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Like he isn’t already!
Well I don't see how Mueller can be in the Resistance without a Twitter account.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #915
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, he's there. He has a secret account. You only get to follow him if you're part of the Official Resistance, though.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #916
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Wait so this Mockingjay pin I bought doesn't count?
Old 04-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #917
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wait so this Mockingjay pin I bought doesn't count?

You’re fine. You still reserve the right to several lengthy scoldings and I-told-you-all-so posts when Trump isn’t publicly hung on the steps of the Capitol.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #918
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I think Mueller, from day one, has been doing his job. Probably doesn't like Trump, but that doesn't mean he is trying to find criminal charges against him if they're not there. He's trying to pursue what he has evidence against, and amass more evidence. Probably Trump's kids or Kush.
I was in a rush to post before my battery ran out (must recharge my portable power pack) that my comment was a bit unuanced

No, of course, I don't think Mueller is going to "find" criminal charges if it they are not there (as far as Trump goes).
Quote:
Trump is still a subject of the investigation, which means he's a person of interest and his actions are within the scope of what Mueller is investigating, and his conduct could potentially be criminal. Whereas the target of an investigation is someone who the prosecutor believes has committed a crime, is likely to be charged, and there is substantial evidence to prove guilt.

The fact that that Trump isn't a target at the moment likely means that Mueller doesn't think he has enough evidence against Trump, now, to convict him of a crime (i.e. there's currently no "slam dunk" case).

Another possibility is that Trump isn't a "target" simply because Mueller has no intention of charging Trump with a crime because he's concluded he legally can't do so (it's generally agreed, and is the position of DOJ, that you can't indict a sitting President).

On the other hand, for a variety of reasons I don't find persuasive the argument advanced in some quarters that Mueller isn't calling Trump a target simply to keep the President from firing him or trying to destroy evidence, or is attempting to "lure Trump into a false sense of security" in an effort to get him to speak under oath (the latter of which would possibly be unethical).

Again, Trump could certainly go from being a "subject" to a "target" at any time (these designations can be, ah, squishy), though for the moment this news would seem to undermine the breathless, and endless talk of smoking guns and open and shut cases. In any event, Trump isn't off the hook, and if I were his lawyer I'd still advise him against talking to the Special Counsel.
Oh, yeaaah, I forgot about not being able to proceed with criminal charges (in general) agspainst a sitting President- thus hopes of impeachment instead.

Yes, it is true he still might go from "subject" to "target" as some point. We'll find out at some point. Still orange Donnie acts like he's hiding something (besides his taxes ).
Old 04-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #919
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I just found out that Interference’s the iron horse past away yesterday. RIP Michael
Old 04-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #920
Blue Crack Supplier

I’m very sorry to hear that. I wish his friends and family comfort and peace at this time.