US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He apparently claims he got no legal advice involving third parties, only used Cohen ad hoc for legal advice.

I mean, really, he couldn't afford a proper lawyer for that?

So, Chris Cillizza?

I *loathe* Chris Cillizza. He is the absolute worst. I screenshot all of his bullshit. Some day I’ll present it all in one.

Hold on, let me do my best Chris Cillizza “analysis.”

Analysis: Trump Wrong About Clinton

“Atlanta (CNN) - Have you read the news today? Like, really? Did you see how wrong Trump was?

Wrong.

That’s how wrong he was. Like. Actually.

But let’s spin it another way. How about Fox News. Sure, Fox News, fair and imbalanced. Am I right?”

I hate people who play for my side and act like the people who I don’t like on the other side far more than I hate said people on the other side.

I *loathe* Chris Cillizza. He is the absolute worst. I screenshot all of his bullshit. Some day I’ll present it all in one.

Hold on, let me do my best Chris Cillizza “analysis.”

Analysis: Trump Wrong About Clinton

“Atlanta (CNN) - Have you read the news today? Like, really? Did you see how wrong Trump was?

Wrong.

That’s how wrong he was. Like. Actually.

But let’s spin it another way. How about Fox News. Sure, Fox News, fair and imbalanced. Am I right?”

I hate people who play for my side and act like the people who I don’t like on the other side far more than I hate said people on the other side.
Right on time.

[TWEET]985957139960168448[/TWEET]

Darren Rovell tweeted this almost verbatim like a year and a half ago.

I dunno, I see the name "Ruth Chris" and assume he's just gorging himself on steaks.
Eh hem

giphy.gif

So Fox is saying that Hannity is friends with Cohen and would call him up for friendly legal advice but was never billed and didn't pay for services. Obviously suggesting there is no retainer either.

These people are all idiots of the greatest degree.

How much time can pass before I go off on my usual rant about the name Ruth's Chris and WHY IS THERE AN APOSTROPHE, DOES RUTH OWN CHRIS???

Trump or Hannity? I can't keep up. Trump doesn't use condoms, and Hannity is supposedly a model husband and citizen. So odds are Trump. But Hannity would be much more interesting at this point.

Trump seems more like the sort who would quietly arrange for abortions through somebody like Cohen. I mean sure he could and probably does have "illegitimate" children running around but I think it's much more likely he "took care" of his mistakes with women. He doesn't even seem to like the children he does have aside from his creepy obsession with Ivanka. He repeatedly says Ivana raised the oldest three with no input from him, Tiffany is persona non grata and lived half a continent away most of her life and Barron has his own floor in the Trump penthouse condo plus he's raised by Melania and her Slovenian parents who don't speak English.

Hannity I could absolutely see as a massive pervert.

Hannity I could absolutely see as a massive pervert.

i am curious to know what it could be. a sex scandal seems off-brand for him.

Longtime Fox watchers (at least those of us who watch ironically), as well as those who enjoy engaging in Kremlinology around the network, are no doubt giddy today, but this wasn’t exactly predictable. For many years, Hannity was known as the “nice” alternative to Bill O’Reilly. Sure, Hannity was a cheap bigot who made millions by exploiting the racial resentment and stupidity of his audience; but he was also, by all accounts, a decent(ish) guy. While sex scandals brought down Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly, and while both men were known for treating people around them like dirt, Hannity had a certain folksy charm that was known to arise whenever the camera turned off. Guests were apparently treated well; shouting was kept to a minimum. If you stopped him on the street, I was once told, he didn’t care if you were a radical anarchist, and was always happy to take a photo.

But the last couple of years have been gruesome. There was a sexual harassment allegation. And his Twitter persona has gone from silly to borderline unbalanced, much like the persona of his political hero. We don’t know exactly what Cohen did for Hannity, but given that his other two clients are the president and the disgraced Republican bigwig Elliott Broidy, it’s unlikely to have been offering advice on anniversary gifts for the missus. (Hannity noted on his radio show that his ties to Cohen had become known, but did not directly address the matter; he told the Wall Street Journal, “We have been friends a long time. I have sought legal advice from Michael.”)

Meanwhile, of course, Hannity has not only become increasingly fanatical in his defense of Trump, but also particularly deranged in his coverage of the FBI’s investigations of various aspects of Trump world. And yet since last week’s raid on Cohen’s office, Hannity has used his public platform to attack the investigation of a man who was his own attorney, and tried to keep the relationship a secret. I had always assumed that the reasons for Hannity’s behavior concerned the fact that he merely a soulless hack bereft of dignity and integrity, but perhaps his motivations were more … earthy.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ens-secret-third-client-why-that-matters.html

Wow, she really wanted to make sure people knew she now owned Chris Steak House.

This is MY Chris Steak House! MINE! MINE! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

Love, Ruth

Is it sad that I'm not even remotely surprised by this news about Cohen and Hannity? I read the headline and was just like, "Of course. That makes sense."

America is officially great again. #MissionAccomplished

Somewhat off the current topic here, but I saw the segment on John Oliver's show last night about Trump defending his use of the "Mission Accomplished" statement on Twitter and...wow. I don't think I've ever gotten a headache that fast. The guy really is some kind of stupid.

Can't wait to hear whom he impregnated...

...why must you put these images in my head :(? Haven't we been traumatized enough by the revelations about Trump's sex life?

So Fox is saying that Hannity is friends with Cohen and would call him up for friendly legal advice but was never billed and didn't pay for services. Obviously suggesting there is no retainer either.

These people are all idiots of the greatest degree.

ATTORNEY-FRIEND PRIVILEGE IS DEAD!!! Sad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom