US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a kick out of this lol. Some unnamed GOP congressman's public and private views on Trump are pretty disparate:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-in-profane-rant-We-might-as-well-impeach-the

Some choice quotes:

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really fucking stupid Forrest Gump."

"If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherfucker."

"We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, shits all over Twitter, shits all over us, shits all over his staff, then hits golf balls. Fuck him."
This is phenomenal.

Tweet from @realDonaldTrump: James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and.....

Tweet from @realDonaldTrump: ....untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!

Tweet from @realDonaldTrump: James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and.....

Tweet from @realDonaldTrump: ....untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!

When I was a teenager I behaved like a brat sometimes, still I behaved much better than the current president of the US! Teenagers are better behaved than this moron!

James Comey is talentless scum.

As Vice President Pence prepared to head to Peru on Friday for the Summit of the Americas, his office advertised several events on his itinerary, including “a banquet hosted by President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski of Peru.”

One problem: Kuczynski resigned more than three weeks ago after becoming ensnared in a corruption scandal involving Latin America's largest construction firm.

god they're all fucking idiots

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by a top Republican fundraiser, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, whose office, home and hotel room were raided by federal agents this week, arranged the payments to the woman on behalf of Elliott Broidy, a deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee with ties to Mr. Trump, the people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Broidy, a Los Angeles-based venture capitalist, works on the Republican committee with Mr. Cohen, who is also a national deputy finance chairman.

The deal, which hasn’t previously been reported, prohibits the Los Angeles woman from disclosing her alleged relationship with Mr. Broidy in exchange for $1.6 million to be paid to her over two years in quarterly installments, these people said. The first payment was due Dec. 1, according to one of the people.

“I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate,” Mr. Broidy said in a statement provided by a spokesman. “At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period.”

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by a top Republican fundraiser, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, whose office, home and hotel room were raided by federal agents this week, arranged the payments to the woman on behalf of Elliott Broidy, a deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee with ties to Mr. Trump, the people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Broidy, a Los Angeles-based venture capitalist, works on the Republican committee with Mr. Cohen, who is also a national deputy finance chairman.

The deal, which hasn’t previously been reported, prohibits the Los Angeles woman from disclosing her alleged relationship with Mr. Broidy in exchange for $1.6 million to be paid to her over two years in quarterly installments, these people said. The first payment was due Dec. 1, according to one of the people.

“I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate,” Mr. Broidy said in a statement provided by a spokesman. “At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period.”

this sounds like a situation that would be totally unfamiliar to Donald J. Trump.

Comey really should have left out the orange comments. Yes he's orange, yes everyone knows he's orange. But it just makes Comey look silly and petty. Like Trump.

We can still call him orange here, fyi...It would be awesome if Trump found this place via some random Google search and unleashed holy hell on us on Twitter.

Re: the mention of Pecker-yeah, seems to be an unspoken rule that there'll always be people with genitalia-themed names working in politics.

I know we've talked before about how the evangelical crowd might've tried to justify their support for Trump in the past, but damn, Trump's constant sex scandals have to be putting them in one hell of a deeply uncomfortable and awkward spot right about now.

Got a kick out of this lol. Some unnamed GOP congressman's public and private views on Trump are pretty disparate:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-in-profane-rant-We-might-as-well-impeach-the

Some choice quotes:

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really fucking stupid Forrest Gump."

"If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherfucker."

"We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, shits all over Twitter, shits all over us, shits all over his staff, then hits golf balls. Fuck him."

That last paragraph. YES. I don't get why these guys continue to feel so beholden to and afraid of Trump's supporters. They're a vocal bunch, yes, but they're not that big a group that you should rely on them to keep your job. Do what's right and get Trump out of here already if you're that frustrated and fed up with him.

He is sadly right about Pence as president, though. But it would be kind of funny if Trump left office before the November elections somehow...only for the Democrats to take over Congress. Then Pence would likely just be a lame duck president for two years. Of course, the ideal situation would be to see Trump and Pence both leave office, but sadly, we're not likely to get that lucky.

As for the Forrest Gump comparison...that's an insult to Gump.

So essentially the GOP is paying for abortions?

Trump Supporter: *lift rug and sweep “I voted for a commander in chief, not a preacher in chief.”

*everything back to normal “Thank God Crooked Hillary isn’t in charge.”

If Trump and Pence left office, and a politically retiring Paul Ryan does his thing, that would be like, amazing lack of precedence.

At a minimum, we have at least several GOP 2020 presidential candidates, should Trump survive that long: Kasich, Flake, and Ryan.

Who else?

a snap friday night news conference to announce the response to syria. this is going to be an interesting weekend.

so i guess instead of the threat of nuclear war with north korea, we'll go with the threat of nuclear war with russia?

tumblr_oaw9nl9c4y1v4zif4o6_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom