US Politics VI - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Biggest rally Leavenworth has ever seen. Yuge turnout.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 08:52 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Well, looks like Trump is tampering with the witnesses now.
Simply asking questions about someone's testimony after the fact doesn't rise to the level of tampering. Though it's obviously unwise to do so, and I'm sure his lawyers have cautioned him against it.

These conversations, depending on what was said, could possibly be used as evidence of a pattern of obstruction, however.
__________________

Nick66 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #403
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Obstruction and corruption are Mueller slam dunks at this point.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:10 AM
I don't see how obstruction is a "slam dunk." Especially when accused is the President of the United States. It would actually be a very, very difficult case to make and is pretty far from a "slam dunk." Especially without an underlying crime.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "corruption."

In any event, these will be political questions in an impeachment proceeding. It's extremely unlikely Trump would be indicted while in office.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #405
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
I don't see how obstruction is a "slam dunk." .
Probably had something to do with all that obstruction going on.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #406
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,440
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Well to nick's point, obstruction isn't a crime that is why he's (likely) being investigated for obstruction. If the investigation finds Trump guilty of obstruction but finds "no collision" then he just looks like a dumbass and Sam Nunberg looks like a genius. But there is no swing of moderate-right America toward vilifying Trump as a treasonous president, and therefore likely no removal from office.

But I also think Irvine just meant it's a slam dunk like "it's definitely going to happen."
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #408
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
I don't see how obstruction is a "slam dunk." Especially when accused is the President of the United States. It would actually be a very, very difficult case to make and is pretty far from a "slam dunk." Especially without an underlying crime.

Trump told us that he fired Comey because of "this Russia thing." and that's just the start.


Quote:
And I'm not sure what you mean by "corruption."

Jared and the Qataris. also, just to start. grifters gonna grift.

also, how appropriate that Stormy Daniels' alias in the lawsuit is Peggy Peterson -- or, PP.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #409
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
But I also think Irvine just meant it's a slam dunk like "it's definitely going to happen."


no, i meant it in the most literal terms possible. that Mueller is actually going to slam dunk an orange basketball labeled "OBSTRUCTION" on television.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Trump told us that he fired Comey because of "this Russia thing." and that's just the start.
Yeah but that's not "slam dunk" obstruction of justice. If Trump thought Comey pursuing the Russia investigation was a waste of time and money, he could fire him for it. If he just thought the Russia investigation shouldn't be one of the FBI's priorities, he could fire Comey over it.

His broad constitutional powers are one reason why proving obstruction against the President of the United States is such a difficult proposition...you have to prove he acted with corrupt intent. And that's why Mueller would probably have to demonstrate an underlying crime that Trump was trying to cover up in obstructing the investigation.

As for Kushner and Qatar, so little is known about what actually happened there that I don't feel qualified to say that it constitutes "criminal corruption."
Nick66 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #411
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,030
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, i meant it in the most literal terms possible. that Mueller is actually going to slam dunk an orange basketball labeled "OBSTRUCTION" on television.
I don't think Bob has the hops to do it.
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #412
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,956
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, i meant it in the most literal terms possible. that Mueller is actually going to slam dunk an orange basketball labeled "OBSTRUCTION" on television.
i would pay real money to watch this happen.
DaveC is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #413
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Literally.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #414
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, i meant it in the most literal terms possible. that Mueller is actually going to slam dunk an orange basketball labeled "OBSTRUCTION" on television.
I know you're kidding, but from what I've seen online, I think many in the Resistance are expecting something this dramatic...e.g. Trump being indicted and led out of the oval office in chains, or at a minimum Robert Mueller on TV reading some document spelling out Trump's collusion with Russia.

Neither of which is ever, ever going to happen...they really can't happen given how the Special Counsel is set up. And that's even taking into account all the random stupid stuff Trump can do to shoot himself in the foot.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #415
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 08:10 PM
US Politics VI

What I — not this strawman “Resistance” Online presence — have been told (because I do live in DC and do have friends on the Hill) and do believe is that there is ample and growing evidence of at a minimum corruption and obstruction, and evidence of actual “collusion” appears to grow by the day, as does the scope and scale of said corruption (which we can take to mean “using the US government to personally enrich oneself, or at least save the building we bought in 2007 that was underwater after the financial crisis”).

No one knows what will actually happen, because we haven’t actually been here before. No one I know thinks that Trump will do a perp walk, and most people think that what happens in November will largely determine impreachment or not.

Maybe, we’ll see.

However, the scope widens by the day, and I don’t think anyone anticipated it would be quite like *this*.

2020 it is.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #416
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...55631073230848
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #417
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Trump called Gary Cohn a “globalist” today.

That’s Twitter-speak for “Jew destroyer.”
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Mueller's gonna walk into the fuckin' Oval Office and give Trump a massive noogie.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 07:19 PM   #419
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Trump says he's meeting with Kim Jong Un.

Sweet
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #420
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,440
Local Time: 08:10 PM
What if Trump kills Kim on live tv with his smite special move
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×