US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long do we think the Russians have had leverage over Trump? Was the racist birth certificate nonsense their first assignment for their orange-faced asset? The timing seems right, no? He was sent to be a disrupter.

The Russians have had leverage over Trump since his birth. #TheResistance

If you're familiar with #TheResistance folk, it's not much of an exaggeration. :wink:

6a0105369e6edf970b01bb083e1f07970d-320wi

one reason why i cannot do twitter :D

oh heck, where's that Homer Simpson gif?!
I use it a ton for work, so I just end up using it a ton in general.

Also - quite thankful that there are some great 3rd party twitter apps, so that I don't have to use the same one for work and personal... Work and personal Twitter accounts on the same app is a recipe for a pink slip

I use it a ton for work, so I just end up using it a ton in general.

Also - quite thankful that there are some great 3rd party twitter apps, so that I don't have to use the same one for work and personal... Work and personal Twitter accounts on the same app is a recipe for a pink slip

:up: i imagine that could get tricky!!

i struggle to keep my text messages under essay length so just couldn't manage the character limit haha

I don't know, I'd be careful saying that given the penchant for xenophobia towards Russians (or anything vaguely Eastern European) that #TheResistance seem to have. You certainly have more in common with the right than I do.

The hypocrisy on the issue of Russia from both the left and the right is just stunning. And most of the recent hysteria surrounding it is flat out embarrassing for those engaging in it.

I tend to agree and would like to hear your take on it.

I don't know, I'd be careful saying that given the penchant for xenophobia towards Russians (or anything vaguely Eastern European) that #TheResistance seem to have. You certainly have more in common with the right than I do.

You aren’t conflating Russians with The Russian government, are you?

Most people I know make distinctions.

I do enjoy being called right wing.

Some people do have a hard time differentiating. Like when my dad, upon hearing abput my planned first solo trip to Ireland: "oh no, but Europe hates Americans!"

I mean, that was likely more due to his constant Fox News watching than trying to differentiate between "not liking US policies vs not liking USians."

Is it bad to actively root against Russian athletes in the upcoming Olympics like it’s 1988 again because of state doping and all?

Asking for a xenophobic friend.

I'm totally confused as to how not wanting the Russian govt to interfere with our elections has anything to do with the Russian people.

It might have more to do with karma as it’s something the USA has done to other countries in the past.

Propping up the political opponent who would best serve our interest in that region.

Russia just did that to us and we don’t like it.

It might have more to do with karma as it’s something the USA has done to other countries in the past.

Propping up the political opponent who would best serve our interest in that region.

Russia just did that to us and we don’t like it.

It doesn’t mean we can’t be mad about it. It also means that we must point out to Trump supporters that Trump is Russian-approved, so they are pinko commie bastards, in that 1983 kind of Cold War way.

It’s less about Russia, really, and more what this says about the deplorables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom