US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... This entire thing has been "that can't be true that would be ridiculous" that, ya know, ends up happening.

??*♂️ I don't know. I get what you're saying. Tracing my own history I feel I'm pretty good at sniffing out media BS though. This seems like BS. Well, not necessarily... BS or a genuine move that won't happen since word may be out.

So Team Trump's legal people say Mueller obtained his information (transition emails) unlawfully. Because of political bias. So the investigation is a fraud.

They are certainly trying to discredit. But this accusation doesn't come out and put doubt into peoples' minds as to whether the information in the emails is wrong. Which is what they'd be trying to achieve if they were trying to win a populist/social media war.
Instead they're targeting the legitimacy of how the info was obtained.

Doesn't that point to Team Trump getting set to dump the investigation?

??*♂️ I don't know. I get what you're saying. Tracing my own history I feel I'm pretty good at sniffing out media BS though. This seems like BS. Well, not necessarily... BS or a genuine move that won't happen since word may be out.
Well, this rumor wasn't a media report... Alas...

This is...

Lawyers representing the Trump presidential transition wrote to members of Congress accusing special counsel Robert Mueller of obtaining unauthorized access to tens of thousands of transition emails, including what they claim to be documents protected by attorney-client privilege.

The transition maintains the documents were its property and should not have been handed over without its approval.

Just setting it up. They're definitely going to fire him.

Well, this rumor wasn't a media report... Alas...

This is...

Just setting it up. They're definitely going to fire him.

I hope that if they (trump) fire him, there is such a big shit storm, that it forces the GOP to wake up and smell the coffee. If trump fires Muller, this “should” be the final nail in the coffin. But alas trump is made of Teflon and somehow after some noise, this will all blow through and yet trump will still be president. It’s quite a joke.

Only way out is 2018, hopefully the democrats will clean house in the elections. It’s hard to say if that will happen, but there is SOME hope after Alabama. Mind you the GOP ran a HORRIBLE candidate and he still got a big chunk of the votes. Ofcourse Alabama’s is a deeply red state so that was also expected, the hope is that democrats win seats in states that are not as red. The only way out of this mess I think is if democrats take control. But that is still a long shot.

In other news, upon being elected, Ralph Northam has immediately reversed his position on Medicaid because he wants "civility" in Virginia. The Democrats, ladies and gentlemen. Centrism, folks. Gotta love it!

Last edited:
In other news, upon being elected, Ralph Northam has immediately reversed his position on Medicaid because he wants "civility" in Virginia. The Democrats, ladies and gentlemen. Centrism, folks. Gotta love it!

The party seriously needs to stop worrying about civility. It's such bullshit. When the GOP wins elections by .01% they eviscerate the safety net, cut taxes for the rich, take away healthcare, etc. When the Democrats win elections by a wide margin they worry about bipartisanship and civility and so we end up with watered down policies like Obamacare, which while a step in the right direction, is nowhere near what we need to do to fix the healthcare system. I'm rambling right now but I'm so done with the Democratic Party and how they continually compromise their ideals in order to appeal to some nonexistent referee of the political system.

Only way out is 2018, hopefully the democrats will clean house in the elections.

I hope that's the case, too, but the problem is that November is still so far away yet. What the hell do we do until then? It feels like no matter what we do to try and wake the GOP up to do something about this shit, they won't listen (remember them literally running away from town hall meetings on the healthcare bill last year?).

So yeah, we could all take to the streets if Trump does fire Mueller, and we absolutely should do that. But it's going to feel like a futile gesture if the GOP doesn't give any sort of a shit.

So what can be done to get the message through to them before November? Can anything be done? Do they really think their jobs will be in danger next year if they don't fight Trump?

The GOP is so horribly pathetic it's incredible.

I hope that's the case, too, but the problem is that November is still so far away yet. What the hell do we do until then? It feels like no matter what we do to try and wake the GOP up to do something about this shit, they won't listen (remember them literally running away from town hall meetings on the healthcare bill last year?).

So yeah, we could all take to the streets if Trump does fire Mueller, and we absolutely should do that. But it's going to feel like a futile gesture if the GOP doesn't give any sort of a shit.

So what can be done to get the message through to them before November? Can anything be done? Do they really think their jobs will be in danger next year if they don't fight Trump?

The GOP is so horribly pathetic it's incredible.
Exactly this! The gop is too cowardly to do anything in fear that it will have an adverse impact on them next year! Too bad they don’t know any better and they are hurting themselves more by doing nothing! I don’t see any major changes until democrats take control even if we go to the streets sadly.

Last edited:
The party seriously needs to stop worrying about civility. It's such bullshit. When the GOP wins elections by .01% they eviscerate the safety net, cut taxes for the rich, take away healthcare, etc. When the Democrats win elections by a wide margin they worry about bipartisanship and civility and so we end up with watered down policies like Obamacare, which while a step in the right direction, is nowhere near what we need to do to fix the healthcare system. I'm rambling right now but I'm so done with the Democratic Party and how they continually compromise their ideals in order to appeal to some nonexistent referee of the political system.
The Democrats are some combination of incompetent and disingenuous, and really it's just a case-by-case basis on which trait is more prevalent.

I was too busy peeling avocados to put on my toast
thumbs-up-matt-leblanc.gif

All that was missing from that letter was the sentence "Putin also admired how large President Trump's hands truly are".

To be a fly on the wall when Trump's lawyers meet with Mueller.

I think it's imperative this week that we reach out to our elected officials and let it be known that we will not accept Mueller being let go.

It worked with the ACA, it may still work with the Tax Bill....but something needs to be done or the very institutions that have been built to serve this society will be torn down. Not sure where you go after that happens

This is all posturing. Firing Mueller does no benefit at this point in time. They're just attacking the credibility of the investigation because it's gone on for so long that it's starting to make them look bad (regardless of results). But, he's getting exactly what he deserves for firing Comey. Firing Comey created a 10xComey situation. Fire Mueller right now and you'll get a 100xComey situation. Probably from the senate.

This is all posturing. Firing Mueller does no benefit at this point in time. They're just attacking the credibility of the investigation because it's gone on for so long that it's starting to make them look bad (regardless of results). But, he's getting exactly what he deserves for firing Comey. Firing Comey created a 10xComey situation. Fire Mueller right now and you'll get a 100xComey situation. Probably from the senate.
You may be right.

But I ask this - when did this candidate, president-elect, and now president do anything that made sense?

How many "well this will surely sink him" moments have we had since November 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom