US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a bit of a political anorak (having studied it...because I wasn't good at anything else!) I tuned into this Alabama special election on a CNN Stream on youtube last night all the way to 4am here after . Absolutely fascinating stuff and as ever great coverage by CNN who I've used devoutly since 2012 for these type of US election nights. Love that interactive wall map. The NYTimes interactive polling page was absolutely fantastic as well.

So for those well in tune, can the Democrats win the Senate next year? I hear they're eyeing the senate seats of Nevada and Arizona next year but are there any seats that are in danger of turning from blue to red?

It would be extremely difficult because almost every seat that is up for re-election in 2018 is a seat already occupied by a Democrat. With the DNC being a financial mess, my guess is they will use their resources to push for "vulnerable" House races more than they will anything with the Senate. They'll hope to take a bigger whack at the Senate on the coattails of a presidential candidate in 2020, even with the total uncertainty as to who that candidate would be and what their chances would look like.

We need an investigation into the investigation. And when that doesn't work, the only thing left to do is investigate.

That worked really well for BENGHAZI!!!! and EMAILS!!!!!

Those investigations didn't have the right GOP senators looking into things.

The only man who's qualified enough to cut through the lies, bullshit, and the deep state

Alex Jones

I think so many people mock Trey Gowdy's haircut because it's a rare time when that's not the lowest hanging fruit. Mocking him for being a simpleton seems almost cruel.

I'd just like to point out that 47-48% of that state still felt it was just fine and dandy to vote for a child molester who thinks we were better off before the emancipation proclamation.

Exactly. Like stated, yay for Jones winning, but it's still unsettling that it was as close as it was at all.

But hey, he has a lawyer who's Jewish. So we can hang our hat there.

I saw that clip on Colbert last night. That was...something else. Wow.

And then the guy who told the story about how, when he and Moore were in Vietnam, they wound up at a brothel with underage girls and Moore supposedly was like, "I'm leaving." Like, hi, dude, YOU ARE NOT HELPING MOORE ONE BIT WITH THIS STORY.

i'm not saying, i'm just saying. apparently this is how the president can talk about people, so it should go both ways.
Does anyone else still flinch when someone says 'the president' and your brain quickly recalls that they're talking about the twat from The Apprentice?

Does anyone else still flinch when someone says 'the president' and your brain quickly recalls that they're talking about the twat from The Apprentice?
it took me a long time before i could use the p word (not pussy). i still just call him 45 on social media so i don't contribute to him trending, ever.

i don't wish for any health crises removing him from office or killing him, simply because i don't want his followers to have the ammunition to turn him into a martyr or claim like everything was going great and he just had bad luck/a turn of fate.

i hope we get to see him take a massive and embarrassing loss either due to congress turning on him and dumping him, criminal charges landing him in a cell, or a historically massive landslide in 2020. the best ending to this would be to see his ego mortally wounded and watch him have to live out the rest of his days as the most humiliated and reviled president of all time.

i don't wish for any health crises removing him from office or killing him, simply because i don't want his followers to have the ammunition to turn him into a martyr or claim like everything was going great and he just had bad luck/a turn of fate.

i hope we get to see him take a massive and embarrassing loss either due to congress turning on him and dumping him, criminal charges landing him in a cell, or a historically massive landslide in 2020. the best ending to this would be to see his ego mortally wounded and watch him have to live out the rest of his days as the most humiliated and reviled president of all time.

This

Seconded.

Well, yes.

I don't wish ill health on anyone, even Trump.

I so, however, find it hilarious when Trump supporters get offended by something like a stroke joke, considering they voted for the most despicable candidate in the history of presidential elections.

They've kind of lost the right to be offended by shit like that.

Thirded.

He has never, in his entire life, had to live at the behest of other people. We all know he is already unhinged and mentally unstable - imagine how it would be for an entitled asshole like him, for the first time at nearly 80 years old to have absolutely no power over anybody pretty much. The meltdown would be epic. There isn't enough Diet Coke in the world for that.

Don’t get me wrong. What I wish most is him spending the rest of his life behind bars and the destruction of the present incarnation of the GOP.

I don’t wish physical harm on trump or anyone either. But I do wish he gets impeached, thrown in jail, gets sued for all he is worth, suffers the worst humiliation in history. Is that too much to ask?

But yes if he were to be killed while in office, history might remember him more for his death (while in office) rather than for the POS that he is. And some will view him as a hero if he dies in office. So no let the sob lose all his power, money and suffer his days in jail instead. I rather him be remembered for the con that he is!

Well, yes.

I don't wish ill health on anyone, even Trump.

I so, however, find it hilarious when Trump supporters get offended by something like a stroke joke, considering they voted for the most despicable candidate in the history of presidential elections.

He did just call Kristin Gillibrand a whore on Twitter.

But remember, if you criticize Trump, you must be a flawless human being, because what about ....

Exactly. Like I've said before, they wanted to live in a non-PC world where they could be all, "I can say whatever I want and tough crap if you're offended by it". If that's the world they want, fine. Then they need to remember that it goes both ways. Do unto others, and all that.

Yes! The best way to point out hypocrisy is being hypocritical! The best way to call out someone who mocks people’s health issues is to mock people’s health issues!

Last edited:
Donald Trump lies constantly but is to be believed. If CNN offers one retraction or correction, they must be wholly dismissed as fake news. If the left kept Harvey Weinstein a secret for years, how can we believe them when it comes to global warming?

Yes! The best way to point out hypocrisy is being hypocritical! The best way to call out someone who mocks people’s health issues is to mock people’s health issues!
You're right. I remember calling people out when they made jokes about Dick Cheney having another heart issue.

Alas, I have little sympathy for a man as despicable as Trump, who taunts the handicapped and makes illusions of sexual favors from senators, and that's not even touching on the racist dog whistles, which, let's be honest, are more like.dog bullhorns.

Nor do I have sympathy for a man who mocks others health, while he has a diet of KFC, Big Macs and a dozen Diet Cokes.

Nor do I have sympathy for an anyone who points out how classless stroke jokes are, yet voted for the guy described above.

Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite in this particular case. I'm okay with that.

Fuck this guy and all who voted for him.

Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite in this particular case. I'm okay with that.

I know.

I just don't think other people's bad behaviour is an excuse for my own. Especially mocking people's health and wishing bad things to happen to them. It has nothing to do with Trump or having "sympathy" for him.

Karma and all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom