US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're like a north korean propagandist's wet dream, you realize that right?
Just like the hydrogen bomb test propaganda and the ICBMs and IRBM on display at their parade in April were styrofoam? NK could never have anything like that! If they don't test a nuke in the Pacific then they'll do a full range minimum energy trajectory ICBM. Can't wait for Trumps reply.

Just like the hydrogen bomb test propaganda and the ICBMs and IRBM on display at their parade in April were styrofoam? NK could never have anything like that!

i never said any of that.

If they don't test a nuke in the Pacific then they'll do a full range minimum energy trajectory ICBM.

no, they (almost certainly) won't do either of those things.

please stop believing literally every word north korea says. the constant hysteria is getting tiresome.

i never said any of that.

no, they (almost certainly) won't do either of those things.

please stop believing literally every word north korea says. the constant hysteria is getting tiresome.
I never said you did but there's a general underestimatation of NK tech. The US doubted they could launch an ICBM or have a thermonuke, yet here we are. The Russian delegates in NK two weeks ago said they were planning a low trajectory full range ICBM and had all the calculations. It's their next logical step even if a nuke in the Pacific test is perhaps some way off yet. The US also now have 3 carriers in the area. It's a powderkeg.

I never said you did but there's a general underestimatation of NK tech. The US doubted they could launch an ICBM or have a thermonuke, yet here we are. The Russian delegates in NK two weeks ago said they were planning a low trajectory full range ICBM and had all the calculations. It's their next logical step even if a nuke in the Pacific test is perhaps some way off yet. The US also now have 3 carriers in the area. It's a powderkeg.
I don't doubt that this could get bad, but I base that on our own leader being a psychopath.

North Korea has still yet to prove that they can achieve reentry with an ICBM. Kinda important if they want to nuke San Francisco.

Kim Jon Il is totally the one responsible for all of this Trump BS. He's a good man who hasn't done anything wrong (as president) and wouldn't hesitate to wipe out North Korea. That's why Kim wants a weak president like Hillary to take office. NK couldn't do it while Obama was president, but when they have the potential you know they'll strike when another weak figure leads this country.

but some anonymous russian said they did all the calculations! :eek: :yikes: :crazy: :uhoh: :help: :pray: :panic:
What? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/06/north-korea-missile-test-us-west-coast

The US has 3 carriers in the area now, are carrying out antagonistic bombing drills tempting Noko to take a potshot,Trump has signed an EO to bring retired fighter pilots out of retirement, the US has sent stealth fighters to Japan today and have sent tons of munitions to Guam http://uk.businessinsider.com/us-military-sends-bombs-to-guam-north-korea-threat-2017-10?r=US&IR=T There's quite obviously a war build up going on and this is a war build up against a country with thermonukes. This has been building up for months and months and noone is backing down. It's pretty serious and the situation is ripe for miscalculation.
Oh and Noko tested a solid fuel last week (for canister launched nukes https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/north-korea-has-tested-a-new-solid-fuel-missile-engine/)

Kim Jon Il is totally the one responsible for all of this Trump BS. He's a good man who hasn't done anything wrong (as president) and wouldn't hesitate to wipe out North Korea. That's why Kim wants a weak president like Hillary to take office. NK couldn't do it while Obama was president, but when they have the potential you know they'll strike when another weak figure leads this country.
He is responsible for this but he can be dettered. You start bombing him and he'll take out hundreds of thousands or millions and you take the risk of him thermonuking Seoul, Tokyo and trying a shot at LA or the West coast of the States and risk escalation beyond the region. Trump Isnt strong, his Tweets and crazy threats are escalating the situation and him and KJU are taking both countries to a horrific war.

https://breakingdefense.com/2017/09/what-war-with-north-korea-would-look-like-20k-nk-dead-a-day/

I don't doubt that this could get bad, but I base that on our own leader being a psychopath.

North Korea has still yet to prove that they can achieve reentry with an ICBM. Kinda important if they want to nuke San Francisco.
Can you bet on them not having an RV? Should Trump take that chance and launch a preemptive strike and risk a nuke tipped ICBM or 3 heading toward San Fran?

this is literally third-hand hearsay from a minor congressman (basically the russian version of representative ted yoho of florida on the house foreign affairs committee) about seeing some math that the north koreans told him they *believe* proves that a missile could reach the west coast, lumped in with a quote from an anonymous CIA analyst who was sure that there would be a test on october 10th. a non-physicist nobody politician commenting on korean rocket engineering mathematics. not exactly the kind of solid source you should go into panic mode over.

The US has 3 carriers in the area now, are carrying out antagonistic bombing drills tempting Noko to take a potshot,Trump has signed an EO to bring retired fighter pilots out of retirement, the US has sent stealth fighters to Japan today and have sent tons of munitions to Guam http://uk.businessinsider.com/us-military-sends-bombs-to-guam-north-korea-threat-2017-10?r=US&IR=T There's quite obviously a war build up going on and this is a war build up against a country with thermonukes. This has been building up for months and months and noone is backing down. It's pretty serious and the situation is ripe for miscalculation.
Oh and Noko tested a solid fuel last week (for canister launched nukes https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/north-korea-has-tested-a-new-solid-fuel-missile-engine/)

that's not a war build up. that's dick swinging.

be this scared when there are ground troop movements towards the dmz in south korea and ammunition being stockpiled up to operational levels. *that's* the sign of war. launching an offensive invasion takes an extremely long time to be ready for, even if you've had it planned for a long time.

keep in mind that it took months of obvious stockpiling to achieve the supplies and troop levels that it took to invade iraq, whose military was a fraction of the size and quality of the kpa. if kim does intend to actually fire a nuke (he doesn't) he's going to need to put the entire military at full combat readiness beforehand, and that's going to be pretty obvious in the most militarily surveiled region of the planet. if you're planning on imminent war, you need to either prepare defenses or move troops into position for an offensive, and that readiness requires the kind of resources and maintenance that is totally impossible to maintain unless you are literally *about to start shooting*. it's been that way since at least world war 1...if you actually mobilize your military, you're effectively declaring war because it's absurdly obvious to everyone and it's too expensive at that point to reverse the process.

if we're actually going to a shooting war it's going to be completely obvious for a while before a shot is fired. R-E-L-A-X. breathe. i'm not trying to be a dick if this comes across that way, i'm trying to help you chill out because this clearly causes you a lot of needless anxiety.

Last edited:
Can you bet on them not having an RV? Should Trump take that chance and launch a preemptive strike and risk a nuke tipped ICBM or 3 heading toward San Fran?
OMG you're right! We're all gonna die!!!

rwNqqt7.gif

this is literally third-hand hearsay from a minor congressman (basically the russian version of representative ted yoho of florida on the house foreign affairs committee) about seeing some math that the north koreans told him they *believe* proves that a missile could reach the west coast, lumped in with a quote from an anonymous CIA analyst who was sure that there would be a test on october 10th. a non-physicist nobody politician commenting on korean rocket engineering mathematics. not exactly the kind of solid source you should go into panic mode over.

that's not a war build up. that's dick swinging.

be this scared when there are ground troop movements towards the dmz in south korea and ammunition being stockpiled up to operational levels. *that's* the sign of war. launching an offensive invasion takes an extremely long time to be ready for, even if you've had it planned for a long time.

keep in mind that it took months of obvious stockpiling to achieve the supplies and troop levels that it took to invade iraq, whose military was a fraction of the size and quality of the kpa. if kim does intend to actually fire a nuke (he doesn't) he's going to need to put the entire military at full combat readiness beforehand, and that's going to be pretty obvious in the most militarily surveiled region of the planet. if you're planning on imminent war, you need to either prepare defenses or move troops into position for an offensive, and that readiness requires the kind of resources and maintenance that is totally impossible to maintain unless you are literally *about to start shooting*. like in world war 1...if you actually mobilize, you're going to war because it's too expensive at that point not to. if we're actually going to a shooting war it's going to be completely obvious for a while before a shot is fired. R-E-L-A-X. breathe. i'm not trying to be a dick if this comes across that way, i'm trying to help you chill out because this clearly causes you a lot of needless anxiety.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think the US would launch a preemptive attack but Trumps shit and this dick swinging really increases the risk of miscalculation when there's no need for it. Proper detterence is needed which this isn't.

I am always amazed by the alarmists who view this entire thing through the lens of a computer war simulation game.

Fearless Leader was educated in the west. Fearless Leader actually does take poops, regardless of what he convinces his people of. Fearless Leader bleeds, hurts, and is likely rather aware of his own mortality.

Fearless Leader also is living one kick ass life. He has the best foods…chefs on call 24 hours, some of whom become his best “friend”. He has Dennis Rodman on speed dial. Need a rare ingredient? Fearless Leader can send someone to get it. He can scramble the planes for an awesome bottle, or the DVD set of the Simpsons Season 2, sold out in the local video store. He has ALL the money and he can do ALL the drugs…one aid with a camera, 3 more with notepads to write on, one with a fresh needle of Naloxone, and another with a shaman on speed dial to talk baby Kim down if the trip somehow goes bad.

He has an awesome wooden desk with a phone on a tarmac. He probably has entire cities built just so he can go jump on the beds whenever he wants to. I imagine he has companionship of his choosing.

And to keep the hardliners from slipping cyanide into his morphine, he has to shake shit up here and there.

But does anyone REALLY think he wants to go through with it? Do you really think he wants to die? Because, again, remember…he doesn’t believe the hype. He knows when he gets a cold, when the cognac was just a bit too much and he gets to feel it and a $10,000 dinner get returned with violent force. He knows he is mortal. He may have convinced others he is not, but he knows.

So why, exactly, is he going to commit suicide at a relatively young age when all of the above-mentioned shit is still really, really fun?

WAAZ-
thanks for a local's info ( including polling stuff)& thoghts on Sen Flake.

Dave C-
very interesting! Local & NPR are just wrapping up a week plus of Fall Fundraising, so I'll bet that's why I haven't heard about this Saudi Crown Prince's statement yet.
(and thanks for the the reminders. Having lived through much of the Cold War ....... :| at target #2 )

Headache & Irving
Hias - Somehow I didn't get that NYS AG was ?coordinating w Mueller? I thought he was doing this on his own. Can't pardon State charges :hmm: :evil:

Irving- Ha! I remember u mentioning the drucken rumors. woah!

( suddenly flash backed on a TV show where sometimes the locals of ?TV news, or Print news would be hanging in a bar/restaurant [DC or NYC] and over hearing stuff. :D [Candice Bergen? Ed Asner? on same show?] )

Last edited:
I am always amazed by the alarmists who view this entire thing through the lens of a computer war simulation game.

Fearless Leader was educated in the west. Fearless Leader actually does take poops, regardless of what he convinces his people of. Fearless Leader bleeds, hurts, and is likely rather aware of his own mortality.

Fearless Leader also is living one kick ass life. He has the best foods…chefs on call 24 hours, some of whom become his best “friend”. He has Dennis Rodman on speed dial. Need a rare ingredient? Fearless Leader can send someone to get it. He can scramble the planes for an awesome bottle, or the DVD set of the Simpsons Season 2, sold out in the local video store. He has ALL the money and he can do ALL the drugs…one aid with a camera, 3 more with notepads to write on, one with a fresh needle of Naloxone, and another with a shaman on speed dial to talk baby Kim down if the trip somehow goes bad.

He has an awesome wooden desk with a phone on a tarmac. He probably has entire cities built just so he can go jump on the beds whenever he wants to. I imagine he has companionship of his choosing.

And to keep the hardliners from slipping cyanide into his morphine, he has to shake shit up here and there.

But does anyone REALLY think he wants to go through with it? Do you really think he wants to die? Because, again, remember…he doesn’t believe the hype. He knows when he gets a cold, when the cognac was just a bit too much and he gets to feel it and a $10,000 dinner get returned with violent force. He knows he is mortal. He may have convinced others he is not, but he knows.

Enough about Trump... what are your thoughts on Kim Jong Un?

Fearless Leader also is living one kick ass life. He has the best foods…chefs on call 24 hours, some of whom become his best “friend”. He has Dennis Rodman on speed dial. Need a rare ingredient? Fearless Leader can send someone to get it. He can scramble the planes for an awesome bottle, or the DVD set of the Simpsons Season 2, sold out in the local video store. He has ALL the money and he can do ALL the drugs…one aid with a camera, 3 more with notepads to write on, one with a fresh needle of Naloxone, and another with a shaman on speed dial to talk baby Kim down if the trip someone goes bad.

So why, exactly, is he going to commit suicide at a relatively young age when all of the above-mentioned shit is still really, really fun?
That's why he can be dettered but he's sitting paranoid the US are going to decapitate him. One day he sees on his radar a B1B heading for the peninsula on one of their new aggressive routes, he panics thinking it's a decapitation strike and launches a missile at the B1. The fighters accompanying the B1B fire at the missile site and it escalates and the next thing it's war (probably nuclear).Turns out the B1B was only on a drill but KJU has miscalculated. This is why the aggressive US posture and "build up" isn't good, it increases paranoia in NK and risks miscalculation. There's a whole science behind deterrence and the US are doing the opposite of it at the moment. Not that I'm panicking but Trump is the least qualified and with the worst temperament for this situation.

bingo. he clearly likes being fat and powerful and worshipped. he's not giving that up.

That's why he can be dettered but he's sitting paranoid the US are going to decapitate him. One day he sees on his radar a B1B heading for the peninsula on one of their new aggressive routes, he panics thinking it's a decapitation strike and launches a missile at the B1. The fighters accompanying the B1B fire at the missile site and it escalates and the next thing it's war (probably nuclear).Turns out the B1B was only on a drill but KJU has miscalculated. This is why the aggressive US posture and "build up" isn't good, it increases paranoia in NK and risks miscalculation. There's a whole science behind deterrence and the US are doing the opposite of it at the moment. Not that I'm panicking but Trump is the least qualified and with the worst temperament for this situation.

Do you actually think he is in the dark as to what we are doing? That our military acts like Trump? That our military, if an order came from Trump to kill him, wouldn't drop a line?

Regardless of the child "in charge", we have adults running the show when the future of the world is at stake.

Do you actually think he is in the dark as to what we are doing? That our military acts like Trump? That our military, if an order came from Trump to kill him, wouldn't drop a line?

Regardless of the child "in charge", we have adults running the show when the future of the world is at stake.
Yes, the US and NK don't talk. It's ripe for miscalculation. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....17/9/25/16361264/north-korea-bomber-b1-threat

They should start by setting up military to military comms to avoid miscalculation for a start.

So which formerly banned user are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom