US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, outside risk.

There is still doubt that North Koreq can actually deliver a nuclear weapon, despite the mass hysteria. The bigger risk is a shelling of Seoul that causes mass casualties.

Frankly I'm more concerned that WE would use nuclear weapons first.
I'm waiting for the "nuke in the Pacific test" by them. Possibly this week to coincide with their celebration day on the 10th. Looks like they're getting ready for something.. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1C502V

And it’s not helping that our governor is kissing Trump’s ass and staying quiet about how the clown is treating the mayor. I hope they treat him like shit when he visits the island.

I guess your governor figures if he stays nice he'll get more help? I'm kind of glad SJ mayor finally got real. Maybe the gov didn't want a flurry of nasty drumph tweets?
As for your final comment .... heh. I'm sympatico :shifty:

How r u and your dad?

the timing of this shooting in vegas could hardly be worse for the people of puerto rico. they need the media attention badly to keep the pressure on getting them the help they need and it's going to be all on nevada for the foreseeable future.

It doesn't. It's fairly simple, actually.

They're fucking racist as fuck.
Yup.
Thank you! I had not heard Rather's comment.
Ha! Perfect. Thank you.

When I heard about that comment I just wanted to scream, after all the reports I heard about,then finally looking at photos last Thurs where we also see people doing the best to help each other on the island.

the timing of this shooting in vegas could hardly be worse for the people of puerto rico. they need the media attention badly to keep the pressure on getting them the help they need and it's going to be all on nevada for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, that did cross my mind today.

I think our governor (NYS) waived tuition fees for State or NYC city universities & colleges for PR students relocating here.

Last edited:
On days like today I'm reminded by how much of a piece of everliving fucking shit Alex Jones is; FUCK this boy and his followers. Fuck them all, I can't deal with these assholes anymore. It's all a virus.

The United States is one of just 13 countries to have voted against a United Nations resolution condemning thedeath penaltyfor having gay sex.

Although the vote passed, America joined countries such asChina, Iraq and Saudi Arabia in opposing the move.

The Human Rights Council resolution condemned the “imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy,adulteryand consensual same-sex relations”.

I can't even...

I'd like to see any sort of reason given for that ... like, is there some "pork belly" (is that the right terms), like where people vote against a Great-On-The-Surface bill because it has some dumbass addendum on it?

like, was this "Condemn the Death Penalty for Gay Sex, and Also Every Country Should Give Trump $100"?

Last edited:
Am I reading that correctly, that the reason was because they didn't want to have to stop executing people with mental or intellectual disabilities, etc?

Because that doesn't make me feel any better.

I'm not surprised though, considering the death penalty is still legal in 32 states.

That was your advice with The Con, look where that got us. At some point ignoring the issue becomes the issue.

That was my advice then and that's absolutely not what people did at all in any way shape or form.

These people are legitimized in the early stages when you fight back.

That was my advice then and that's absolutely not what people did at all in any way shape or form.

These people are legitimized in the early stages when you fight back.

I've ignored Jones for years, and I even work in Austin, but now he has WH press credentials. He wasn't legitimized by me.

Ignore it, sweep under the rug, call it "fake news" or "glorified hyperbole". Do you know who's following your advice on things they don't agree with?

Rep. Tim Murphy, a vocally anti-abortion congressman from Pennsylvania, asked his own girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy this year.

According to documents obtained by the Post-Gazette, Shannon Edwards—a Pittsburgh woman exactly half Murphy’s age with whom he recently admitted to having an extramarital affair—texted Murphy in January about a possible pregnancy that turned out to be just a scare. “You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” she said, referring to a post from Murphy’s professional Facebook account that accused America of “discarding and disregarding the most vulnerable” for allowing abortions past 20 weeks’ gestation.

“I get what you say about my March for life messages,” Murphy responded. “I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will.”
This “pro-life” Congressman was caught telling his extramarital boo to get an abortion.

Abortion
Extra-marrital affair
half his age

It's like he was working off a list of "moral values I can contradict in one act".

I've ignored Jones for years, and I even work in Austin, but now he has WH press credentials. He wasn't legitimized by me.

Ignore it, sweep under the rug, call it "fake news" or "glorified hyperbole". Do you know who's following your advice on things they don't agree with?

And for years Alex Jones was a nobody and was made fun of outside of his small little circle.

It's not sweeping it under the rug. If everyone talks about it, dumb people pick a side. That's akin to freaking terrorism.

And for years Alex Jones was a nobody and was made fun of outside of his small little circle.
Exactly, and I'd still be ignoring him if he hadn't been made legitimate by Trump's minions.
It's not sweeping it under the rug. If everyone talks about it, dumb people pick a side. That's akin to freaking terrorism.

This makes no sense. So if you see an idealism start to grow right under your nose you believe if you don't debate it, it will disappear.

Exactly, and I'd still be ignoring him if he hadn't been made legitimate by Trump's minions.

This makes no sense. So if you see an idealism start to grow right under your nose you believe if you don't debate it, it will disappear.

It makes perfect sense. This whole thing is a ploy to forward the agenda. Alex Jones was given that legitimacy to piss you off. To make you talk about it. This is the most attention Alex Jones will get. Not because of Trump. Because of Trump's opponent. When was the last time you could point individuals out in these positions? Do you think Trump supporters all know who Alex Jones is, do you think they all support him, and do you think they would have even known about his elevated position?

They do when you scream about it. And since they're Trump supporters, they're likely to play the age old game of politics by telling you off because you're on the other sports team and supporting this Alex Jones fellow with his free speech and his speak-his-mind attitude or whatever the fuck he does these days. You have to appreciate that you still know who Alex Jones is far more than 99% of the US population.

It makes perfect sense. This whole thing is a ploy to forward the agenda. Alex Jones was given that legitimacy to piss you off. To make you talk about it. This is the most attention Alex Jones will get. Not because of Trump. Because of Trump's opponent. When was the last time you could point individuals out in these positions? Do you think Trump supporters all know who Alex Jones is, do you think they all support him, and do you think they would have even known about his elevated position?

They do when you scream about it. And since they're Trump supporters, they're likely to play the age old game of politics by telling you off because you're on the other sports team and supporting this Alex Jones fellow with his free speech and his speak-his-mind attitude or whatever the fuck he does these days. You have to appreciate that you still know who Alex Jones is far more than 99% of the US population.

I get what you're saying, there's always going to be some element of 'I like this guy because he pisses off the left'. I just don't buy the notion that if his opposition had just stayed quiet, he wouldn't be here, I find that to be naive.

It's like the TV evangelists of the 80s, they weren't created or elevated because their opposition didn't ignore them. They didn't fade or die out because their opposition ignored them, they died out because they were outed, they were finally proven to be hypocrites.

I'm not even saying they think "I like this guy because he pisses off the left." I'm saying they hardly know what's going on. They don't know who Alex Jones is (on both sides). They still don't know who he is. They probably will continue to not know who he is. But the more he says something controversial and an outlet like CNN produces clickbaity material, outrage spreads, Fox responds with "its side," and the common person just hears some incorrect variant like "I heard they're reopening the 9/11 case."

People don't pay attention nearly as much as you're giving them credit for. Alex Jones is still a nobody. You made an example of televangelists... why were they so popular? They were publicized. They were talked about. If their marketing ploy failed, the problem never would've happened.

I think you underestimate his popularity among the very vocal red pill cuck centipede alpha male crowd. Trump and Bannon courted him for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom