US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop playing coy, Aeon. You can't tell the difference between what Muhammad Ali said 40 years ago about preferring his own race and people proudly waving Nazi flags and chanting Nazi slogans in the public sphere today?

Stop playing coy, Aeon. You can't tell the difference between what Muhammad Ali said 40 years ago about preferring his own race and people proudly waving Nazi flags and chanting Nazi slogans?

So, what you are saying, is that hate speech is limited to white people since you are pointing out two obvious symbols of "pro-whiteness"

:facepalm:

No, that's not what I'm saying. It would be helpful if you wouldn't continue to misrepresent people's arguments in here.

Nowhere in Ali's speech was there any ideology of violence against those unlike him, or claims of the superiority of his race above others. Unlike Nazis.

:facepalm:

No, that's not what I'm saying. It would be helpful if you wouldn't continue to misrepresent people's arguments in here.

Nowhere in Ali's speech was there any ideology of violence against those unlike him, or claims of the superiority of his race above others. Unlike Nazis.

Fair enough, but there are branches of the Alt-Right that are not Nazis that echo what Ali said...

So, are we all in agreement that the border with Mexico must be secured?

How much do you empathize/sympathize with white males?

White.

You honestly think that white men need sympathizing with, more than women of a racial minority, in the US? :lol:

And this isn't about me 'sympathizing', don't be a typical Trumpist engaging in whataboutism.

So, are we all in agreement that the border with Mexico must be secured?
Yes.

What we are not in agreement on is spending 14 billion+ dollars on a actual physical wall, which is the height of stupidity, not to mention a gross misuse of resources... (hi small government conservatives!)

And don't for a second tell me that Dopey McOrangeface didn't mean an actual wall. He did.

We need to ensure our borders and ports of entry are secure. We can't let everyone just flood in. Sure. Fine. Agreement.

To throw out close to a million people who came here through no fault of their own and know no other country is as cruel as it gets, and absolutely would not be happening if this were Irish or Italian or German immigrants, which is ironic to the point of absurdity.

Last edited:
Not to derail this discussion, but jesus fucking christ who is advising Hillary Clinton, and what is with the near-constant sooking coming out of the Dems?

Hillary yesterday endorsed some new 'news' website called Verrit, with the tagline 'for 65.8 million' (referring to the amount of votes she got), which a few days earlier posted this article, one of the worst pieces of dog-whistling bullshit I've ever seen:

Sanders and the Mainstream Media Helped Put Trump in the White House

And then Peter Daou spent the rest of the day shitting himself on twitter.

What an absolute fucking train wreck, who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

I agree I don't get this move at all.

It seems some are all too willing to create a left version of Trumpism.

To speak out, or even express concern about the immigrants from the Middle East is labeled "Hate Speech"

I want you to show us examples, which country, the date, the particulars, the fine/punishment doled out for "expressing concerns" about immigrants from the Middle East.

Go.

I agree I don't get this move at all.

It seems some are all too willing to create a left version of Trumpism.
I won't go as far to say that the media and many on the left put Trump in office, but I will say that much of the media and many on the Sanders or bust train allowed themselves to be unwittingly used as pawns in Steve Bannon's long game.

I won't go as far to say that the media and many on the left put Trump in office, but I will say that much of the media and many on the Sanders or bust train allowed themselves to be unwittingly used as pawns in Steve Bannon's long game.

True. I'm not saying the article is wrong, just the format to which it's dispersed ;)

Read today that the US would lose $400 billion in GDP if DACA is rescinded. This isn't about making the country a better place. This is about racism.

I want you to show us examples, which country, the date, the particulars, the fine/punishment doled out for "expressing concerns" about immigrants from the Middle East.

Go.

Still waiting on this one. Do YOU happen to have a source?

Just to remind everyone of exactly what you said:

To speak out, or even express concern about the immigrants from the Middle East is labeled "Hate Speech"

"Expressing concerns" about immigrants from the Middle East is the platform of nearly every opposition party in Western Europe. They must all be sitting in jail?

"Expressing concerns" about immigrants from the Middle East is the platform of nearly every opposition party in Western Europe. They must all be sitting in jail?

Amitram, you are never satisfied with any follow-up (of which I have been quite reliable) so why bother? And when you are called out for your logic fallacies - you drop the subject or simply dismiss it as "disingenuous."

You can google the same as I can...

Amitram, you are never satisfied with any follow-up (of which I have been quite reliable) so why bother? And when you are called out for your logic fallacies - you drop the subject or simply dismiss it as "disingenuous."

You can google the same as I can...

What crap. You make a totally false statement and refuse to back it up.

I have Googled. Furthermore, I'm a lawyer and I have EU citizenship. What you said is not true, but you won't own up to it.

I'm feeling generous...

Foreign Policy Magazine - Europe's Freedom of Speech Fail

"What is the metric used for determining whether something is “hate” speech, or just permissible criticism? Increasingly, laws against hatred and offense have come to target controversial but non-violent speech including that of comedians, politicians critical of immigration, as well as Muslims vocally opposed to Western foreign policy. "
sources:

Europe’s Freedom of Speech Fail | Foreign Policy

How Sweden has stopped its citizens discussing the refugee influx | Daily Mail Online

https://www.thenewamerican.com/worl...criminalizes-anti-immigration-internet-speech

Germany Passes "Orwellian" Anti-Free-Speech "Facebook Law" | Zero Hedge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...09392edc612_story.html?utm_term=.bd7420c958d3

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/688999781193117696?lang=en

Last edited:
Have you actually read any of these? And you think that they support what you say?

Citing a tabloid like the Daily Mail...the article is borderline funny it's so ridiculous. Wow.

Please do some further research on the Swedish law and you'll see that you posted 2 articles that completely misrepresent it and the law does not do what you claim it does. If it did, half of Sweden's opposition parliamentarians would be sanctioned daily. It's not that hard to find actual translations of the law, but I can't blame you when a Google search shows the first page results all linking to absurd articles, quoting the same exact wrong information. Dig a bit deeper.

Regarding the German law of hate speech in social media, from WaPo, which you cited:

It remains unclear how aggressive social media sites are being — some highly offensive posts in German have indeed been quickly removed from Facebook in recent days while others have lingered online for days. Yet the push here happens as a country with a built-in sensitivity to provocative speech has seen a decidedly fiercer public discourse as more than 1 million asylum seekers and migrants crossed Germany’s border last year.

The offensive views include an online post of a hangman’s noose as one solution to the refugee crisis, a quip by a right-wing politician about the breeding habits of Africans, as well as a comment made by a controversial speaker at an anti-migrant rally lamenting the closure of World War II-era concentration camps.

Sure sounds like silencing those "expressing concern about Middle East immigration."

Please educate yourself some more without just posting things with catchy titles.

You honestly think that white men need sympathizing with, more than women of a racial minority, in the US? :lol:

After listening to U2, how have you not understood this one simple truth: Every person on earth has a battle to fight. White men are no different. Unless...you think they actually are different. You seem to be arguing that white men are either superior for their inability to experience hardship, or inferior because their genetics require them to place undue hardship on others. Either way, your attitude seems very racist and misandristic.

Last edited:
Have you actually read any of these? And you think that they support what you say?

Citing a tabloid like the Daily Mail...the article is borderline funny it's so ridiculous. Wow.

Please do some further research on the Swedish law and you'll see that you posted 2 articles that completely misrepresent it and the law does not do what you claim it does. If it did, half of Sweden's opposition parliamentarians would be sanctioned daily. It's not that hard to find actual translations of the law, but I can't blame you when a Google search shows the first page results all linking to absurd articles, quoting the same exact wrong information. Dig a bit deeper.

Regarding the German law of hate speech in social media, from WaPo, which you cited:

Sure sounds like silencing those "expressing concern about Middle East immigration."

Please educate yourself some more without just posting things with catchy titles.

A great man once said, "Amitram, you are never satisfied with any follow-up (of which I have been quite reliable) so why bother?"

A great man once said, "Amitram, you are never satisfied with any follow-up (of which I have been quite reliable) so why bother?"

LOL.

I think your posts on this topic speak for themselves.

Amitram, you are never satisfied with any follow-up (of which I have been quite reliable) so why bother?

When you're not ignoring her questions, you're either completely misunderstanding her post, or completely twisting to pretend she's saying something else(kinda your go to move around here).

And now your "generous" move proves once again you're not understanding this conversation.

Why is it so difficult for you to honestly engage? I'm serious. It seems impossible for you to do so, but then you blame the other side for not listening to your tabloid sources, your twisting, and your lying.

I guarantee you, you'd actually have discussion in here if you were genuine.

Disagreeing with my sources is cool (more often than not, I do try to quote MSM...sometimes that is not always possible, but the editorials I do post have sources attached to their opinions). Disagreeing with my interpretation of these sources is cool.

Attacking my character in your previous comments is not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom