US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so now that you're taking us down this road, you're okay with us associating all the crimes of nazi germany, imperial japan, the pinochet regime and every other murderous fascist dictatorship of the 20th century with the american right wing, i presume?

I was pointing out that you cannot do that...with either side.

Aeon, re "Japanese privilege in Japan."

What does that have to do with this conversation? We discuss white privilege within the context of US/western European culture, knowing its societal history.

If you want to discuss racism and cultural history of other countries with different ethnic make-up, that's a conversation for another thread, to be talked about by people who live there or have deep understanding of that culture and history.

Are you half Scottish or Swedish? Why would anyone assume you are from those two countries? Is there nationwide problem illegal immigration from Scotland or Sweden? And some context would be helpful...are white people randomly walking up to you and yelling, "Go back to Mexico!"

Are you serious? Context?? In which context would it be OK to tell a US citizen to "go back to your country," regardless of the country?

Also, what the hell does Mexico's immigration problems have to do with telling a US citizen to go back to Mexico? How on earth does that excuse anything?

Honestly, Aeon, this is just... ridiculous doesn't even begin to cover it.

Did he really say all Mexicans are rapists? Or was he calling out the issue of prosecuting some illegal immigrants (for crimes not associated with their immigration - crimes any person should stand trial for) because of the Sanctuary Cities?

Do you need a reminder of what he actually said? Because it was nowhere near that nuanced and you know it.

It is good to see that you still believe that genders do exist. Otherwise - if there is no gender, gender discrimination cannot exist.

I thought you were better than this kind of trolling. Perhaps I misjudged you.

Aeon, thank you for acknowledging that any group of people has a right to self-defense, or to defend another marginalized group. That is exactly how Antifa got its start. Are there people who aren't purists and contort the message? Well, of course; that's true of any organization. It doesn't mean that the group and its message don't fulfill an important need.
Re. white privilege: my understanding is that this is the way the system bolsters and protects white people in ways that we can see and sometimes don't even see as a result of our always being a beneficiary of the system. This doesn't mean that every white person is racist, but rather that white people have inherited a system which historically works in their favor more often than not. Are there exceptions...of course. I think we as whites don't necessarily need to go around apologizing or beating our breasts for being born white. Nevertheless, we should make an attempt to understand how the system benefits us while sometimes not working in the favor of, for example, a black male. With awareness comes compassion, and a desire to change what is broken in our society so that everyone can have an equal shot at the life, liberty, pursuit of happiness goal.

This is totally surreal. I'm sitting in a 1/4 mile long line for gas. Texas is running out of gas. Gas in my tank truly does feel like money in the bank.

Thanks Trump

This is totally surreal. I'm sitting in a 1/4 mile long line for gas. Texas is running out of gas. Gas in my tank truly does feel like money in the bank.

Thanks Trump
As a Texan are you thanking your President for the one million dollars of his own money that he is donating for recovery / relief?

Watching the Weather Channel at the moment and Pence just spoke at a press conference about what's happening in Texas.

He also said, "as President Trump often reminds us, we are one American family", which gave me a pretty good laugh.

(Seriously, though, it's truly heartening to hear the stories about all the help and support people are showing towards those affected by the flooding. We've heard so many sad stories in the news lately, it's nice to get a reminder of the good side of humanity again.)

Are you serious? Context?? In which context would it be OK to tell a US citizen to "go back to your country," regardless of the country?
Diemen, when did I say it was okay? Or even imply it?

(Seriously, though, it's truly heartening to hear the stories about all the help and support people are showing towards those affected by the flooding. We've heard so many sad stories in the news lately, it's nice to get a reminder of the good side of humanity again.)

Excellent point! Thank you for highlighting that.

im sure trump will remind us many times over how much he gave

Truly, big league.​

The fuck are you talking about?

original_Coed_Softball.jpg

about time to give you one to hit over the fence.

I thought you were better than this kind of trolling. Perhaps I misjudged you.

Diemen, let me ask you something. Do you really think Donald Trump is comparable to Hitler and that we are seriously in danger of becoming a fascist state(as in, the actual definition of fascism)?

Diemen, let me ask you something. Do you really think Donald Trump is comparable to Hitler and that we are seriously in danger of becoming a fascist state(as in, the actual definition of fascism)?

FFS you are absolutely insufferable.

Why are you asking him that? He's made no inference. Why is it absolutely impossible for you to actually speak to the subject at hand? Why is it every time you're asked a question you can't answer you have to twist and defer?

Look, I know you won't be honest, so don't bother. Block me and continue trolling.

Fuck you 45. Eres un pendejo.

[TWEET]903317500254924805[/TWEET]

So much for just trying to deport the "bad hombres".
yeah, so much for that. Striving youngsters trying to do their best and mostly escaped harrowing circumstances back home, but ....nope... you get the boot. There was one poor guy n his last few weeks of HS, they pleaded, but he was sent back to Guatamala before he could graduate. :mad: Disgusting!
Sadly, I'm not even surprised by this news :|.

Seriously, can we PLEASE get him out of here already? Please?

:sigh: yeah, really! :( :hug:

yeah, so much for that. Striving youngsters trying to do their best and mostly escaped harrowing circumstances back home, but ....nope... you get the boot. There was one poor guy n his last few weeks of HS, they pleaded, but he was sent back to Guatamala before he could graduate. :mad: Disgusting!

:sigh: yeah, really! :( :hug:

Striving youngsters?

They're rapists and murderers.

I'm sure a few are good people.

But there are good people on both sides.

You're not so bad, Vlad.

I thought I was alright to be honest.

Recent or past? And what is your definition of a white supremacist? Anyone who voted for Trump?

If I tossed antifa into the larger group we call the Left, which would include Bolsheviks, then it is a no brainer - since the Left murdered over 100 million people since 1917.

Ah, what would this 'discussion' be without generic right wing anticommunist propaganda. :happy:

Hi Vlad, when you have a moment, I'm still waiting on your clear definition of "fascist." This is important since you're advocating violence against them...

Merger of state and corporate power. Strong nationalism, traditionalism, disdain towards minorities (ethnic, disabled etc.) and so on.

Did I or anyone here ever say that Donald Trump is comparable to Hitler? Is that where your mind goes when someone is accused of being racist - that they're being accused of being Hitler?

Let me ask you something: why Trump? Why continually defend a man with such a long history of narcissism, pettiness, vindictiveness, sexism, racism and greed? What great American values does Trump represent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom