US Politics III - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #901
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:05 PM
:-( Glad you and family are safe.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Sorry you had to go through the storm itself, prbiker, but glad you and your safe and sound in Miami. Thanks for the updates on what you've heard about how things are going there-good to hear a bit of positive news with the water supply, at least. Hopefully the government gets its butts in gear and sends more aid as soon as possible. Best of luck to you and everyone else who lives there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
No, he just wants to look tough to his base. He also is the type who needs the last word, so NK puts out a statement and he has to reply back. He does it for RATINGS
That, and he needs to distract his supporters from the fact that he hasn't fulfilled his campaign promises to them or had any positive legislative victories, as well as try and keep the focus off the Mueller investigation.

(His "ratings" comments made me want to slap the guy, holy shit. This is not "The Apprentice", Trump, shut the hell up about ratings.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineon View Post
However, he fails to see the nuances of any situation, and he also fails to comprehend how his words can help or hinder. Such a simplistic world view is dangerous. Lord help us!
And like I've said before, we tried to warn people of this very fact before the election last year. Thanks for not listening, Trump supporters!

Old 09-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #903
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:05 PM
nvm.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #904
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

https://youtu.be/F2mqNj-1QWs

Proud to be a Spurs fan today. This guy gets it, he gets life, he gets how to lead.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #905
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:05 PM
So the guy who pulled a gun on stage last night won the election in Alabama.

But Trump lost, so that's good?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

He hardly lost though, considering he doesn't actually oppose this loser. It was a win win for him, they've publicized it.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Oh, ew, Moore won? Blech.

Just looked up the story about him pulling a gun out on stage, 'cause I hadn't heard about that. Lord, what a dumbass. Let's hope the Democrat running against him wins.

Judging from what I'm reading about Strange, he doesn't sound any better, and it doesn't surprise me one bit Trump would've endorsed him. What a fantastic crop of choices the GOP's offering up for voters .
Old 09-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #908
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
So the guy who pulled a gun on stage last night won the election in Alabama.

But Trump lost, so that's good?
Well there will be million articles about how Bannon has more power than Trump tomorrow morning, which means we'll probably nuke Pyongyang by lunch.

And I'm only half kidding.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

All in the meanwhile the NFL and the Alabama republican primary have distracted us from Trump's inability to respond adequately to Puerto Rico.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:33 PM   #910
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
All in the meanwhile the NFL and the Alabama republican primary have distracted us from Trump's inability to respond adequately to Puerto Rico.
yeah, this is pretty bad. i begrudgingly gave him a tiny shred of credit for not fucking up harvey and irma, but this response is pathetic.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:30 AM   #911
Blue Crack Addict

I saw the clip earlier of Trump talking about Puerto Rico being an island in the middle of the ocean that BEAL mentioned.

Oh. My. God.

To say nothing of him talking about how he has a lot of time on his hands and also does a lot of work .

I just...I don't understand. I really don't. I never will.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 AM   #912
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Did you know that they're an island in the ocean? And that the ocean is pretty big let me tell you. Real big

For a moment I thought you were doing a bad (and not funny) impression of Trump.
Then I saw the video.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 AM   #913
Blue Crack Distributor

A friend of mine's mother moved back to Puerto Rico year after retiring. She still hasn't been heard from since the storm, and with the sheer lack of communication on the island, it's near impossible to know what happened.

And this juggle head is talking about football players.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Puerto Rico has more US citizens than Iowa.

I will openly state that Trump didn't fuck up Texas and Florida (let's see how they fully recover first. I have my doubts about FEMA under his watch)

But PR is a complete disaster. These people have nothing, and who knows what the death toll with be.

Yet the only acknowledgment from him is that they owe debt, and that the mayor/government has told him what a good job he's doing.

Always about him.

I say this a lot, but Mueller can't work fast enough
Old 09-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #915
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics III

It's frustrating - pretty much all of our communication towers were tumbled to the ground. I still have a shitload of people that I don't know about.

It's definitely a bite in the ass to the local government (past and current administrations), who have always refused to give our infrastructure much-needed maintenance or an upgrade, and instead drove us down to debt. Now it'll take years to recover.

The orange clown will never get his head out of his ass because his properties in Puerto Rico went bankrupt. We hate him.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #916
Blue Crack Addict

This article is a great read:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...the-new-uppity

Quote:
Yet the belief endures, from Armstrong’s time and before, that visible, affluent African-American entertainers are obliged to adopt a pose of ceaseless gratitude—appreciation for the waiver that spared them the low status of so many others of their kind. Stevie Wonder began a performance in Central Park last night by taking a knee, prompting Congressman Joe Walsh to tweet that Wonder was “another ungrateful black multi-millionaire.” Ungrateful is the new uppity. Trump’s supporters, by a twenty-four-point margin, agree with the idea that most Americans have not got as much as they deserve—though they overwhelmingly withhold the right to that sentiment from African-Americans. Thus, the wonder is not the unhinged behavior of this weekend but rather that it took Trump so long to exploit a target as rich in potential racial resentment as wealthy black athletes who have the temerity to believe in the First Amendment.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #917
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Puerto Rico has more US citizens than Iowa.
yea but they don't vote so fuck em.

Quote:
I say this a lot, but Mueller can't work fast enough
disagree on this one. i want him to take his time and make damn sure they have a lead pipe lock on a conviction before bringing charges. the last thing we want is for them to rush and the dipshit's lawyers find a way to get him off due to sloppy investigative work.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #918
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yea but they don't vote so fuck em.

disagree on this one. i want him to take his time and make damn sure they have a lead pipe lock on a conviction before bringing charges. the last thing we want is for them to rush and the dipshit's lawyers find a way to get him off due to sloppy investigative work.
This plus if it happens too early then Pence may have time to do something. My hope is that it happens right before mid-terms.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #919
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yeah, this is pretty bad. i begrudgingly gave him a tiny shred of credit for not fucking up harvey and irma, but this response is pathetic.

there are lots of white people in Florida and Texas, and they voted for him.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #920
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-ho...er-found-dead/

Another Clinton mystery I'm sure...