US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you had to go through the storm itself, prbiker, but glad you and your safe and sound in Miami. Thanks for the updates on what you've heard about how things are going there-good to hear a bit of positive news with the water supply, at least. Hopefully the government gets its butts in gear and sends more aid as soon as possible. Best of luck to you and everyone else who lives there.

No, he just wants to look tough to his base. He also is the type who needs the last word, so NK puts out a statement and he has to reply back. He does it for RATINGS

That, and he needs to distract his supporters from the fact that he hasn't fulfilled his campaign promises to them or had any positive legislative victories, as well as try and keep the focus off the Mueller investigation.

(His "ratings" comments made me want to slap the guy, holy shit. This is not "The Apprentice", Trump, shut the hell up about ratings.)

However, he fails to see the nuances of any situation, and he also fails to comprehend how his words can help or hinder. Such a simplistic world view is dangerous. Lord help us!

And like I've said before, we tried to warn people of this very fact before the election last year. Thanks for not listening, Trump supporters!

Last edited:
Oh, ew, Moore won? Blech.

Just looked up the story about him pulling a gun out on stage, 'cause I hadn't heard about that. Lord, what a dumbass. Let's hope the Democrat running against him wins.

Judging from what I'm reading about Strange, he doesn't sound any better, and it doesn't surprise me one bit Trump would've endorsed him. What a fantastic crop of choices the GOP's offering up for voters :|.

All in the meanwhile the NFL and the Alabama republican primary have distracted us from Trump's inability to respond adequately to Puerto Rico.

All in the meanwhile the NFL and the Alabama republican primary have distracted us from Trump's inability to respond adequately to Puerto Rico.

yeah, this is pretty bad. i begrudgingly gave him a tiny shred of credit for not fucking up harvey and irma, but this response is pathetic.

I saw the clip earlier of Trump talking about Puerto Rico being an island in the middle of the ocean that BEAL mentioned.

Oh. My. God. :banghead:

To say nothing of him talking about how he has a lot of time on his hands and also does a lot of work :huh:.

I just...I don't understand. I really don't. I never will.

Puerto Rico has more US citizens than Iowa.

I will openly state that Trump didn't fuck up Texas and Florida (let's see how they fully recover first. I have my doubts about FEMA under his watch)

But PR is a complete disaster. These people have nothing, and who knows what the death toll with be.

Yet the only acknowledgment from him is that they owe debt, and that the mayor/government has told him what a good job he's doing.

Always about him.

I say this a lot, but Mueller can't work fast enough

It's frustrating - pretty much all of our communication towers were tumbled to the ground. I still have a shitload of people that I don't know about.

It's definitely a bite in the ass to the local government (past and current administrations), who have always refused to give our infrastructure much-needed maintenance or an upgrade, and instead drove us down to debt. Now it'll take years to recover.

The orange clown will never get his head out of his ass because his properties in Puerto Rico went bankrupt. We hate him.

This article is a great read:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...trong-to-the-nfl-ungrateful-as-the-new-uppity

Yet the belief endures, from Armstrong’s time and before, that visible, affluent African-American entertainers are obliged to adopt a pose of ceaseless gratitude—appreciation for the waiver that spared them the low status of so many others of their kind. Stevie Wonder began a performance in Central Park last night by taking a knee, prompting Congressman Joe Walsh to tweet that Wonder was “another ungrateful black multi-millionaire.” Ungrateful is the new uppity. Trump’s supporters, by a twenty-four-point margin, agree with the idea that most Americans have not got as much as they deserve—though they overwhelmingly withhold the right to that sentiment from African-Americans. Thus, the wonder is not the unhinged behavior of this weekend but rather that it took Trump so long to exploit a target as rich in potential racial resentment as wealthy black athletes who have the temerity to believe in the First Amendment.

Puerto Rico has more US citizens than Iowa.

yea but they don't vote so fuck em.

I say this a lot, but Mueller can't work fast enough

disagree on this one. i want him to take his time and make damn sure they have a lead pipe lock on a conviction before bringing charges. the last thing we want is for them to rush and the dipshit's lawyers find a way to get him off due to sloppy investigative work.

disagree on this one. i want him to take his time and make damn sure they have a lead pipe lock on a conviction before bringing charges. the last thing we want is for them to rush and the dipshit's lawyers find a way to get him off due to sloppy investigative work.

This plus if it happens too early then Pence may have time to do something. My hope is that it happens right before mid-terms.

well that didn't take long...

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/72ro8f/serial_killary_strikes_again_lock_the_murderess/

thread title for those who don't want to venture into the dark woods:

SERIAL KILLARY STRIKES AGAIN ..... LOCK THE MURDERESS UP!!! 38 yr. old anti Clinton journalist who came to prominence during the 2016 election , has been found dead outside of pheonix, in his bed .

:|

I'm pretty sure i know who he is there now. If you're wondering whether he's changed. Then, no.

Agree, my point was more from emotional vantage point of please let this madness end.

there's no way Mueller rushes this, or makes a mistake.

The President of the United States of America has declined to temporarily waive the Jones Act to help Puerto Rico (a US Territory) because it would hurt shipping corporations. Fuck Donald Trump. He's putting a fucking corporation ahead of human lives, humans who are US citizens!

[TWEET]913088395286597633[/TWEET]

The President of the United States of America has declined to temporarily waive the Jones Act to help Puerto Rico (a US Territory) because it would hurt shipping corporations. Fuck Donald Trump. He's putting a fucking corporation ahead of human lives, humans who are US citizens!

[TWEET]913088395286597633[/TWEET]

He's a cabron, pendejo, etc. My hate for him just grows with every passing day, especially now that eyes are on us.

Here's the problem; until he does something like this to the supreme race, his minions don't care.

They're already out there on Facebook defending the shippers. You know, that globalism thing they want to destroy...

I said it last night(and I think BEAL said it in this thread too): we would be doing more if Puerto Ricans could vote.

If we don't step up, a whole lot of people could potentially die.

Meanwhile, Trump/McConnell/Ryan introduced their tax plan for the rich today.

Priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom