US Politics III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think prosurfer would make a great addition in here, so I've sent them a personal invite. I think she'd be fun.

Her first post in IO was very insightful.

I think prosurfer would make a great addition in here, so I've sent them a personal invite. I think she'd be fun.

Her first post in IO was very insightful.

Nice work. I just read far more of that incredible post than I probably had time for.

BVS should be fired for that.

Trump pissing off lot of NFL players today

God, our president is really an asshole, isn't he?

I hope every NFL player takes a knee tomorrow.

Yeah, I love the irony of all these Trumpicans screaming "free speech" when it comes to Nazis, but cheer on the President for speaking against the free speech of these athletes.

Oh I'm sure we'll have our resident conservatives rushing in to protect the sanctity of the freedom of speech, like when they got their knickers in a bunch over Milo Yannowhocares.

21879656_833491573485298_2358113186407776256_n.jpg

There's all sorts of reasons why awards shows' ratings falter, though.

And if the political speeches (which were actually fairly restrained overall, I think) bothered people that much to where they didn't tune in, and if people are truly that tired of celebrities getting political, as I keep hearing them say they are...pray tell, why do they keep electing them to prominent political office, then?

Once people stop electing somebody like Trump to be president, then maybe I'll take the "celebrities should just shut up and do their jobs" complaints seriously.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I rely on Nielsen to tell me the pulse of the country

Trump knows what he's doing.

He's pushing the buttons of the black community. A black person somewhere will do something potentially violent in retaliation and then foxnews and the White House will come out smiling "we told you so"

Trump and his base have nothing to lose by fanning the flames.

Oakland Athleticsrookie catcherBruce Maxwellbecame the first Major League Baseball player to kneel during the national anthem when he did so before Saturday night's 1-0 home victory against theTexas Rangers.

"My decision has been coming for a long time," Maxwell, the son of a U.S. Army veteran, said after the game. "I know I was on the fence for a long time because I know no one in baseball has ever done it. I finally got to the point where I thought the inequality of man is being discussed, and it's being practiced from our president.

"The point of my kneeling is not to disrespect our military, it's not to disrespect our Constitution, it's not to disrespect this country. ... My hand over my heart symbolizes the fact that I am and I'll forever be an American citizen, and I'm more than grateful to be here. But my kneeling is what is getting the attention because I'm kneeling for the people that don't have a voice.

"And this goes beyond the black community, and this goes beyond the Hispanic community, because right now we're having an indifference and a racial divide in all types of people. It's being practiced from the highest power that we have in this country, and it's basically saying that it's OK to treat people differently. My kneeling, the way I did it, was to symbolize that I'm kneeling for a cause, but I'm in no way or form disrespecting my country or my flag."

I feel this is only the beginning, with a full slate of NFL games tomorrow, NHL preseason game under way, and NBA media days and training camps opening this week.

I also love how Trump apparently thinks whining about football players not standing for the national anthem is a good use of his time. Not like he's got any major foreign policy situations to worry about or any other significantly important presidential duties to attend to or anything, right?

(Course, given his loudmouth reactions to everything with North Korea, maybe it's better he not talk about things related to that country for a while.)

I'm getting really emotional watching NFL network this morning.

I hope the protests are as united today as it sounds like they're going to be.

CBS is apparently going to show the anthem today instead of going to break.

Fuck, that was awesome to watch. Bring on the rest of the games. I'm ready to feel proud of people in this country.

If anyone ever needs to be convinced of how vicious and prevalent racism is in this country, just have them read the comments on any story about Colin Kaepernick. Jesus Christ.

There was a story in my home town website / news organization about a little league football team that took a knee. The coach said that the 8 year old kids asked him if they could do it, and he said only if they understood the reason for doing so. After their talk, they decided to take a knee.

The comments under this link were horrendous. One lady went on a rant about how this just proves the little assholes are nothing but trouble for our country, and we need to send them back to Africa.

Do people not know that Facebook is public? While you're free to say any racist and stupid ass shit as you want, what does your family and community think? The assumption is not all of them are racist assholes.

Donald Trump is going to get someone fucking killed with this baiting bullshit.

My hope is what I've read above, that this unites the NFL, NBA, MLB, and any other professional organization to take a stand and unite together. People rally around sports, and people will need to figure out what is fucking more important in life. It was easy to shit on Kap, because he was the only one to do it, and I hope he gets another chance in the NFL someday. If not, I hope he gets recognized for the work he has done.

Fuck Donald Trump.

The comments under this link were horrendous. One lady went on a rant about how this just proves the little assholes are nothing but trouble for our country, and we need to send them back to Africa.

Ugh :|.

And yet these people are too ignorant and blinded to realize that by making such hateful, racist comments, they're just further proving Kaepernick and others who make similar protests right.

Donald Trump is going to get someone fucking killed with this baiting bullshit.

He really is. Seriously, what the hell will it take to get him out of here already? I would love to see him out of office by the end of this year, because I really do not think this country will be able to handle three more years* of his and his supporters' BS.

(*That's presuming he'd actually lose the 2020 election, that is. I honestly don't know how likely that would be. And that thought scares me deeply.)

Over the last twelve hours Trump has gone fucking mental on twitter.

He's accused Iran and North Korea of working together on nukes.

He's threatened that NK won't be around much longer.

And he's gone after the NFL for not backing the country on the anthem protests

Yeah, our own drive by poster posted a meme about the NFL strike. The meme ended up being completely false, but the comments were abhorrent. "Fire them all and replace them with whites that love this country." Not one person found them to be even remotely racist, and oddly enough not one mention of free speech.

This is Trump's merica.

He's accused Iran and North Korea of working together on nukes.

He's threatened that NK won't be around much longer.

Somebody REALLY needs to permanently muzzle him in regards to the whole North Korea thing already, good god. Let the military leaders and diplomats and such handle that stuff and be the face of any discussions related to that issue from here on out, and keep Trump from ever talking about that subject again.

I'm not scared of North Korea.

I'm scared of Trump being in charge.

If NK were to attack first I can't see China supporting them.

If we strike first, China will step in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom