US Politics III - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Repealing DACA is heartless and also contrary to wanting educated skilled immigrants. It's another way of appealing to the racists. The worst part is repealing this is unsurprising from this dumpster fire of an administration. The racist in chief will continue to pander to the KKK, and new-Nazis of America and the gutless GOP will go down in flames.
How is repealing DACA racist? If it is racist to repeal DACA, then it is racist to have a border at all.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
It's sad that you're still so predisposed to choose one side. The unite the right crowd were there with the intention of violence. Stop pretending otherwise.

With the exception of the few non-Americans in here, no one is arguing against the first amendment, you're arguing a ghost.
I'm not choosing a side, I'm helping you to see another side actually exists. The failure of the Left to understand this is the main reason they are losing.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #323
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
To truly understand why most of the support for Trump is based on economics and not race: 1) re-watch the Michael Moore video I posted (who predicted and understand Trump's election, but obviously did not endorse him because...it was her turn!) and 2) stories like THIS:

SOURCE: https://www.nationaleconomicseditori...age-increases/

I find your constant dismissal of nationalism being a part of Trump's strategy disingenuous at best.

So I had a family member run against Ron Paul years ago, and we spoke a lot about how hypocritical the right was on this subject. He came from and was running in a very farm based part of Texas, all of Paul's base were yelling "illegal immigration" while the majority of Texas farms are using illegal immigrants as part of their workforce. Everyone's against it till it comes to their own wallets.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #324
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
How is repealing DACA racist? If it is racist to repeal DACA, then it is racist to have a border at all.

:eyeroll:
Old 09-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #325
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not choosing a side, I'm helping you to see another side actually exists. The failure of the Left to understand this is the main reason they are losing.

You absolutely chose a side. Your failure to understand that is why you'll keep giving this country Trumps, why you'll keep emboldening the worst voices of the far right.

I'm not saying they didn't have a right to march, and I agree that violence to counter protest is not the answer. But you are completely mistaken, and you will continue to give them voice and continue to show to the rest of the world that you sympathize with them if you continue to believe they were there for peaceful reasons.

There have been numerous reports, numerous online transcripts, numerous social media posts stating otherwise.

They planned for all of this. They, just like Trump, conned you. They purposefully planned that event to come off like the victims. You fell for it; hook, line, sinker.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

here's a video that explains really well how the situation in charlottesville got out of control.

hint: it wasn't antifa showing up looking to start a fight no matter how much anyone wishes that to be true.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #327
Refugee

Quote:
Old 09-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #328
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:11 PM
I would love to hear a defense of the Trump administration's decision on DACA.

Aeon? Are you on board with the decision?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Of course he is. He hasn't yet elucidated a policy he's against.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #330
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:
I blame antifa for not permitting free expression, for initiating the violence. I blame the alt-right for over-reacting - but I do not blame the march itself. It has a place in a free society.
Wow, I have a bridge to sell to you.
It's currently being built and paid for by Mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
That's either disingenuous or ignorant of you to suggest.

Among "Western Civilization" the USA is basically alone in their absolute right to free speech (with some very very limited restrictions). The rest of us all live in legal systems which clamp down on hate speech (that Charlottesville march would fall under such) and incitement of violence (much lower threshold than in US). And many of our states function not just fine but actually generally better than the US.

So let's not pretend that if we don't allow every asshole to publicly scream out his hatred while brandishing a weapon, as they did in Charlottesville, that's somehow a slippery slope to totalitarianism. Totally, 100% false and not only false but demonstrably false.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #331
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I would love to hear a defense of the Trump administration's decision on DACA.

Aeon? Are you on board with the decision?
DACA is a very recent policy (which is more of undoing an existing policy) instituted by then President Obama. I was never in favor of it. I agree with Trump only because I already my opinion on the subject.

This idea that every man, woman, and child from across the globe has a God-given right to live in America is ridiculous. It is not racist to have an immigration policy. It is not racist to enforce immigration policies.

This is all about cheap labor for the elites - and they will try to publicly shame anyone with the "racist" label if you dare call them on it.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #332
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

This is all about cheap labor for the elites - and they will try to publicly shame anyone with the "racist" label if you dare call them on it.

man you don't even understand your own peer voting demographic.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #333
Refugee

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Still want to see Trump's tax returns and that supposed 'n...' audio.
Off topic? Not really. To defend the fella objectively you need context.
Hard evidence may prove Trump is an indebted self serving racist shithead. And that the far right have picked up on that and know he has their back as the combination of his dirty past, future goals and racist world view means he'll never throw his base under the bus.
So his base feel emboldened to be ass holes. See how far they can push it.

I reckon believing the idea the alt right wanted Charlottesville to be a peaceful exercise in free speech is as ludicrous as believing Trump's Mexican wall rhetoric really referred to a fence paid for by Americans.
And who would believe that?
Oh, wait...
Old 09-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
DACA is a very recent policy (which is more of undoing an existing policy) instituted by then President Obama. I was never in favor of it. I agree with Trump only because I already my opinion on the subject.

This idea that every man, woman, and child from across the globe has a God-given right to live in America is ridiculous. It is not racist to have an immigration policy. It is not racist to enforce immigration policies.

Do you think all broken laws should be cast upon the children of those who broke them? Or only when brown people are involved? Cause it's "not" "racist" and all to end DACA. It's "immigration" "policy"
Old 09-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #335
45:33

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Quote:
The alt-right (which is a pretty loosely defined group) had a right to march peacefully

They had torches and were chanting "you will not replace us"??????
Old 09-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #336
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:11 PM
US Politics III

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
They had torches and were chanting "you will not replace us"??????

I wonder what would happen if I arm myself, carry an IS flag and peacefully march down the street chanting 'death to all non-believers'. Would AEON advocate for my right of free speech?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #337
45:33

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Well you would hope so. After all a 226-year-old piece of paper is the most important thing on earth.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #338
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I wonder what would happen if I arm myself, carry an IS flag and peacefully march down the street chanting 'death to all non-believers'. Would AEON advocate for my right of free speech?
Are you white?
Old 09-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #339
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
That's either disingenuous or ignorant of you to suggest.

Among "Western Civilization" the USA is basically alone in their absolute right to free speech (with some very very limited restrictions). The rest of us all live in legal systems which clamp down on hate speech (that Charlottesville march would fall under such) and incitement of violence (much lower threshold than in US). And many of our states function not just fine but actually generally better than the US.

So let's not pretend that if we don't allow every asshole to publicly scream out his hatred while brandishing a weapon, as they did in Charlottesville, that's somehow a slippery slope to totalitarianism. Totally, 100% false and not only false but demonstrably false.
Would love to hear a reasonable response to this one. Not holding my breath, though.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Do you think all broken laws should be cast upon the children of those who broke them? Or only when brown people are involved? Cause it's "not" "racist" and all to end DACA. It's "immigration" "policy"
The Latino American culture is thriving in the US, especially the Southwest. DACA will have zero impact. This isn't about "brown" people.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the parents who put these children in this situation.