US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be better off deeply reflecting on your own electoral choices than this nonsense.

Yep. Blood on your hands, deep. Blood on everybody's hands who voted for this lunatic who has enabled white supremacists.

That's good! (re the ceos backing away from drumph)

Back to Charlottesville -- in a post that either was put on fb, or was asked to be added to facebook-
a resident said that some of the counter protestors (near where the car ran them down) had just returned from stopping some of the SWs & Nazis from trying invade an area of African-American housing!!! And there were (attempted?) drive by shooting from a car labeled KKK.
:yikes: :sad: :crack:

Thank goodness, they repelled them from the housing area!

And other than the photos of the people flying in the air from being hit by the car- the most terrifying photo was the one at night with the WSs and Nazis (semi overhead pic) marching in a winding path with their torches!
I was a bit too young to see the early 60's news before President Kennedy was assassinated (I was 10 by then) ; but within a year or two from that I began to see photos of the KKK, cross burnings at night etc. So that photo almost took me back to then really beginning to see the visual evidence of extreme racism, although I'd already had begun hearing about it.

Last edited:
This weekend's tragedy was sickening, but there's two things that really scare me more. We all knew these groups existed before, they are not new, they were not created by Trump.

But they have said out loud, we now for the first time have an ally in the White House.

And secondly watching Trumpicans who claim these people don't represent them, normalize them and blame everything else besides them and themselves for this happening.

Perhaps deep is trying to say that Macron could improve his rating by embracing white supremacists?

Aren't you a Republican/conservative who couldn't vote for Trump because he was just so terrible? I bet you're regretting your decision now.
Meh... former Republican who became independent after W because I just couldn't agree with the social stances of the party anymore (but still voted for Romney, which admittedly was the wrong choice in hindsight as Obama killed it in his second term)

But who's counting?

I can surmise you're not too upset about the recent happenings, then? I hope you're happy.

And wtf does this have to do with Macron and ratings?

i think it was probably because i (as an honorary Frenchie) had just criticised his beloved Trump, and he suddenly had a brainwave and tried to be clever :D

Je ne parle pas français.

Le macaroon probably has an abysmal rating because that's the times. Not that he deserves a good one. Name me a leader whose popularity has stuck. There are very few.

I think he touched on a strong point. I look at these photos of the rally and fuck me it's a bunch of young adults. They weren't alive during WW2 (obviously) so how would they even know the horror, madness, and hatred that was spreading across Europe.

It may be a reason why history tends to repeat itself in some ways. Once a generation dies off, so do some of its lessons

You're getting more and more balkanized by the day.

Enjoy your poverty and humidity and global warming, Alabama.

This quote probably best summarizes the main issue at hand:

But again, the media is so primed to — well, it’s all about the evil on one side. It’s a totally unbalanced presentation of what I suspect the facts were. I suspect that leftist groups bused in a bunch of thugs so the leftist media could beat this narrative about evil. I’m not saying the white groups weren’t evil, but it’s a media construct, and it’s unfortunate we can’t talk about real things and real issues.

"Obama set race relations back!" "Obama divided the country on race!" So many people whine about that, but you never hear an actual example.

Maaaaaybe someone will say it's because he dared to acknowledge an existing racial divide that a lot of Americans refuse to see. Because bootstraps and Chicago is a war zone and welfare, or something.

"Obama set race relations back!" "Obama divided the country on race!" So many people whine about that, but you never hear an actual example.

Oh they provide plenty of "examples".

He didn't call Black Lives Matters a hate group.

He said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.

And on and on.

Maaaaaybe someone will say it's because he dared to acknowledge an existing racial divide that a lot of Americans refuse to see. Because bootstraps and Chicago is a war zone and welfare, or something.

Seriously. When the right complains about issues this country's facing, we have to take their feelings into account, but the moment black people (or any other minority group that's faced decades/centuries of discrimination) bring up the issues they've experienced in this country, they're making a big deal out of nothing, or they're trying to stir people up and divide us, or other BS like that, and they should just suck it up and move on. 'Cause their feelings aren't important.

There is so much stupid in that Vox link I don't even know where to begin. To say nothing of the "false flag"/"Soros funded this" nonsense. How detached from reality do you have to be to honestly buy into that shit? For a political party/affiliation that complains constantly about people playing the victim card, the right sure does seem to love to pull it out themselves quite often, don't they?

Last edited:
What I want to say about Trump right now could possibly get me arrested so I'm not going to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom