US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an ugly, ugly day.

And to the people saying "This isn't the America I love!" fucking wake up. The America you love has always been shitty and racist. Do something about it.

Dug into my records, pulled out my old Dead Kennedys 7" "Nazi Punks Fuck Off"

Never thought that was going to be relevant again.

Except that was about the big old wanna be jocks shaving their heads and kicking the shit out of everybody. "you ain't hardcore if you spike your hair / when a jock still lives inside your head...Nazi Punks...Fuck Off".

Now, it is Milhouse VanRacist. Same message, though...you will be met in the streets. We will not let you march under a Nazi flag in our streets. You can get the permit, the PA, the police protection, and have your little circle jerk...but expect we will be there to shout you down every time. And don't give me 1st Amendment bullshit...the 1st Amendment is why that black police officer is sitting there protecting your white polo wearing ass, wanting so bad to crack you one. That is the government's requirement. You have no freedom from reaction to your speech, or reaction during your speech.

And if you want to step off the podium with your Home Depot torches, take to walking the street in our town, outside your permitted spot? Now, you will be physically stopped. And there are a lot more of us than you. And if you incite a member to drive a car into the crowd? Be prepared to stand behind everything that is about to happen...visual identification, photographic evidence of violent activity turned over to police, tweets/calls/emails to employers and academic institutions, and, if you desire, violence.

There is no part of being an American that says you should stand by while Nazis march on your town. You give them their allotted space. But if they want more, they get more. Every time.

Just an ugly, ugly day.

And to the people saying "This isn't the America I love!" fucking wake up. The America you love has always been shitty and racist. Do something about it.

They hid. Alt-Right. Tea Party. Anti-Globalist. They hid the root of their ideology because it wasn't acceptable.

And then they were emboldened by the election of the Breitbart President. They tossed off the shields, and stood proud. I mean, that UNR kid is trying to give some word salad about protecting white heritage, blah, blah, but his actions before and after suggest otherwise. So they went "good god...we have a president!" and just went straight visible.

And a lot of the American populous was asleep on this, or bought the shield of reasons, were frustrated with what they thought they saw, and stayed silent/voted for the guy they thought was "change" for change sake.

But what you are seeing yesterday and today is a rejection of that. It took seeing the frickin swastikas and the symbols that clearly emulate swastikas, and the Hitler quotes on shirts, and the uncovering of past statements of these supposed "alt-right' people, and the President's failure to properly call terrorism by its name (so ironic)...what you are seeing, or what I am seeing, is a mass awakening by people who were so comfortable, they checked out, didn't want to be bothered, etc.

He also started his press conference bragging about the economy, and then went to his statement on how bad these people are.

WideAwake is correct, this has been simmering for a long time because these fuckers haven't had a leader to get behind. Ronnie, Bush I, Clinton, W, and Obama....

Notice the Tea Party and these alt right groups didn't start popping up more until Obama. Yes, they were always there and from time to time made some news.

But once Trump jumped in, they finally had a candidate because he wouldn't disavow himself from this group. He played ignorant, and his family has history of being racist. Throw in the people who brought into his campaign and administration, and here we are.

His statements today mean nothing, as he had his chance to stand up against this hate when it happened.

Imagine if this was a Muslim who got into a car and killed someone. He would have been all over Twitter and TV calling out Islam Extremism (which he SHOULD, just as he should for Neo Nazis!).

Looking at the pictures, and all the militia men that were there with their rifles, I have no idea how more people weren't killed. I fear that it's only a matter of time though

Looking at the pictures, and all the militia men that were there with their rifles,

Now imagine the reaction if you had 10,000 black men marching through Harlem openly armed...

He also started his press conference bragging about the economy, and then went to his statement on how bad these people are.

WideAwake is correct, this has been simmering for a long time because these fuckers haven't had a leader to get behind. Ronnie, Bush I, Clinton, W, and Obama....

Notice the Tea Party and these alt right groups didn't start popping up more until Obama. Yes, they were always there and from time to time made some news.

But once Trump jumped in, they finally had a candidate because he wouldn't disavow himself from this group. He played ignorant, and his family has history of being racist. Throw in the people who brought into his campaign and administration, and here we are.

His statements today mean nothing, as he had his chance to stand up against this hate when it happened.

Imagine if this was a Muslim who got into a car and killed someone. He would have been all over Twitter and TV calling out Islam Extremism (which he SHOULD, just as he should for Neo Nazis!).

Looking at the pictures, and all the militia men that were there with their rifles, I have no idea how more people weren't killed. I fear that it's only a matter of time though
Not to mention that this morning he attacked the pharmaceutical CEO for resigning and yet no mention about the kkk etc. He thinks we are all stupid or something but we see through his bs!

Who has a higher approval rating, Trump or Macron?

totally irrelevant comparison - Macron was never "wanted" by the French population - most of the electorate voted for him thru gritted teeth, purely to avoid ending up with the fascist, similar to what you have over there

so it's quite normal for them to hate his guts :D

Absolutely bone-chilling. Talk about ovens and hanging from a tree in the 21st centruy ...also, not sure legally but how did those whackos get into town with organised militia ?

I thought unless you're the military/police/national guard, you don't get to parade around carrying guns ?

Sadly, no. As Popmartijn said, people can openly carry in some states, and militia groups are allowed to walk around with their guns out as well. There were militia groups threatening an armed march on Washington had Hillary won the election last year. If you dare try to suggest people shouldn't be allowed to do that so easily, however, you're taking away their Second Amendment rights, apparently. That's the fucked up logic of our country right now.

Texas A&M

And yes on 9/11 [emoji35]

Apparently it's just this one asshole student who organized it, but he's somehow convinced Richard Spencer so now it's gaining headlines.

Ugh. "Asshole" is an apt description, indeed. And of course he'd manage to snag another asshole to support it :rolleyes:.

John Oliver pretty much said this exact thing on his show last night. He noted how sadly unsurprising it is that Trump didn't immediately call these creeps out, because he has a history of encouraging and feeding them.

Trump gives up on 2020 campaign.

Oh, god, we can only hope.

I'm starting to think that there will not be a nuclear war, barring a really unfortunate error.

Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump are in some weird symbiotic relationship where they need each other to justify their existence and hold on power (although obviously this applies more to Kim).

Texas A&M cancelled the White Lives Matter event out of fear of violence like seen in Charlottesville... which begs the question... Texas A&M only had an issue with an event titled White Lives Matter after this weekend???

You're labeled anti-free speech, but now conservatives have a reason to deny their president's base.

Now, it is Milhouse VanRacist. Same message, though...you will be met in the streets. We will not let you march under a Nazi flag in our streets. You can get the permit, the PA, the police protection, and have your little circle jerk...but expect we will be there to shout you down every time. And don't give me 1st Amendment bullshit... the 1st Amendment is why that black police officer is sitting there protecting your white polo wearing ass, wanting so bad to crack you one. That is the government's requirement. You have no freedom from reaction to your speech, or reaction during your speech.
That name MVR sounds vaguely familiar will YT. omg, laughed about the image of a black cop having to protect some WS, or Nazi scum. Talk about willpower !!!
Ohyes, and we have the freedom to reacts to your WS, Nazi ideas on display!

There is no part of being an American that says you should stand by while Nazis march on your town. You give them their allotted space. But if they want more, they get more. Every time.
Amen. Unfortunately the Nazis got "inspiration" from those in the USA's eugenics movement in the ? 1920's.

They hid. Alt-Right. Tea Party. Anti-Globalist. They hid the root of their ideology because it wasn't acceptable.

And a lot of the American populous was asleep on this, or bought the shield of reasons, were frustrated with what they thought they saw, and stayed silent/voted for the guy they thought was "change" for change sake.
I'm not sure everybody in AG, TP were totally like that. NO doubt there was/ is a lot of overlap. Alt-right for me usually represented the most overall racist, with The Nazis in their own category.

But yes, they were stealthy, then with drumph being SO overt, so ongoing with both dog whistle, and out right verbiage at times to give permission to these people.

It' s been Afro-American & Jewish organizations for the most part that have been crying "hey, over here!!! for a long time. Also props tto the Southern Poverty Law Center for monitoring these groups for ?30-40 yes.

Fucking Reagan gave his first post-nomination speech in Philadelphia, Miss. Talking about " states rights". That is the town where the 3 voting rights activists were slaughtered by WS.

Now imagine the reaction if you had 10,000 black men marching through Harlem openly armed...

I think (I m h o) a better analogy would be like 3 black men open carrying rifles in any majority white neighborhood. 'course I get what u are saying .
only cos his arm has been twisted round his back and up his own arse :angry:

Heh, yeah, riiiiiiiight Prs drumph like we reaaaaally believe you.
Beyond disgusting! :gah:

Last edited:
Yeah it was obvious to me that once Trump slammed the Merck CEO that there would be other CEOs coming to support him. It's a sort of brotherhood and they're all flipping Trump the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom