US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her. Honestly, I feel for any woman who's married to any man in this crazy administration.

Why? Let's all drop the notion of folks like Ivanka or Melania or anyone else just being innocent due to their lack of Donnie crudeness. I sure as hell don't feel bad for Mr. Conway. We shouldn't giving the spouses of assholes a free pass - chances are it means they're total assholes as well.

Why? Let's all drop the notion of folks like Ivanka or Melania or anyone else just being innocent due to their lack of Donnie crudeness. I sure as hell don't feel bad for Mr. Conway. We shouldn't giving the spouses of assholes a free pass - chances are it means they're total assholes as well.

That's true, although I think it's incredibly likely that Donald is abusive to Melania - given his history of being a trash heap.

Melania should file divorce immediately, I would love to see Trump go bankrupt again with a nice multi million divorce settlement, especially with their son in the middle of the fight. It certainly wouldn't be the first one nor the last one.

“When you see these towns, and you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon...I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice,” Trump told a group of police cadets assembled at Suffolk County Community College in Brentwood.

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head... You can take your hand away, ok?”

That's not how it works.

The fact that Reince resigned last night and news of it wasn't leaked lends credence to the suggestion that he, or those close to him, are one of the WH leakers.

The question is if that is really a fact. This article seems to suggest otherwise:
http://www.axios.com/priebus-wasnt-acting-today-like-someone-who-resigned-yesterday-2466772221.html

It might also be that Priebus was just trying to save some face (if that's even possible considering history) by claiming he resigned himself.

Maybe, we'll see.

Ok. So much for two way dialogue.

Women aren't weak innocent little creatures who fall in line with what their male dominant daddy husbands tell them to. These aren't damsels in distress, and it sure as hell isn't the 1920s anymore. Folks like Melania Trump come from an upper echelon just like Donald does, and are successful shitty human beings in their own right.

The same applies to all of the wives of cabinet members. Yeah, they still have old school mentalities, but they're not dumb.

Ok. So much for two way dialogue.

Women aren't weak innocent little creatures who fall in line with what their male dominant daddy husbands tell them to. These aren't damsels in distress, and it sure as hell isn't the 1920s anymore. Folks like Melania Trump come from an upper echelon just like Donald does, and are successful shitty human beings in their own right.

The same applies to all of the wives of cabinet members. Yeah, they still have old school mentalities, but they're not dumb.

No one is suggesting that, but there are spouses who marry their partners in hope of changing them, or they may have been blind to certain personalities, or people could have just changed with power. So assuming guilt by association or submissive damsel are both bad assumptions.

Well, I was half-joking, for one thing.

But while you're right about women's roles in relationships nowadays (though, honestly, even in today's modern era, there are still women who do believe in or take on that submissive, meek role-and I'm not talking about women who are in, like, religious cults or things of that sort), at the same time, even if they have the power to leave/stand up to the guys/whatever, I still feel bad for them in the sense that I can't imagine what it'd be like to be married to creeps like Trump or Scaramucci.

And no, we can't always assume that women who are married to assholes behave the same way. You're right that that can be and is true of some women, yes, but there could be all sorts of reasons why they married them, and I can still sympathize with the struggles they might have to deal with and experience in the marriage itself, even if they show they're perfectly capable of fighting back and handling themselves.

(And for the record, I'd say the same thing if the situation were reversed and a man was married to a woman who was a nasty piece of work.)

Well, I was half-joking, for one thing.

But while you're right about women's roles in relationships nowadays (though, honestly, even in today's modern era, there are still women who do believe in or take on that submissive, meek role-and I'm not talking about women who are in, like, religious cults or things of that sort), at the same time, even if they have the power to leave/stand up to the guys/whatever, I still feel bad for them in the sense that I can't imagine what it'd be like to be married to creeps like Trump or Scaramucci.

And no, we can't always assume that women who are married to assholes behave the same way. You're right that that can be and is true of some women, yes, but there could be all sorts of reasons why they married them, and I can still sympathize with the struggles they might have to deal with and experience in the marriage itself, even if they show they're perfectly capable of fighting back and handling themselves.

(And for the record, I'd say the same thing if the situation were reversed and a man was married to a woman who was a nasty piece of work.)

For sure, my initial statement was intended to suggest more of what you're saying (but suggesting that due to who their husbands are, I believe they're much more likely to be involved). I understand there is no guilty until proven innocent, and guilt by association usually doesn't hold up, but I think it's difficult to sympathize with any woman who would approach such a scumbag... let alone marry him. When marriage occurs, it's a reflection of both characters.

You know what's sad though? I can say "who their husbands are" about the wives of the Trump cabinet, and I'm hardly jumping the gun. The disproportionate about of males that work for that scumbag...

Police truck? Whatever Freddie Gray was tossed into in Baltimore and died.

It's just such an outdated, old-timey phrase, like you'd hear in the '40s.

Well, "paddy wagon" is what you'd hear in a standard news report down here, but then I suppose you could suggest Australia is stuck in the forties (1940s or 1840s, your pick) in plenty of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom