US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what is your solution? We remove whites and just see if it all works out? The anti-white rhetoric sounds dangerously close to the antisemitism of the 1920's - there is a race that governs everything from job applications, bank loans, school boards, and the press...and ((they)) always look out for each other first. ((They)) are evil and must be removed.

The solution is to work to end the structural inequalities in our system. Ending mass incarceration, anti-racist curriculum in schools, reparations, etc. Is it really that hard to imagine ways to reduce inequality?

And to compare the accurate assessment that white people tend to control and dominate society with anti-Semitism is absolutely abhorrent.

Pshh posh Hillary only won the popular vote because the places where all the people are voted for her. Open your eyes libtards!

If the popular vote was the way elections were won, then both candidates would have run a different campaign. Trump went for the electoral college - which is what we always see on all the channels...the importance of "swing states" and all of that. At no time before this election was anyone talking about how to win the popular vote.

You claim she won playing Sorry!, but they were playing Risk

The Arabs attacked, conquered, and enslaved much of Europe...that European slave trade? It seems that would need to be included in your uniquely targeted "whites only" history.

Yes, the United States had slaves (in the South). They had a war (fought mostly by white men) that ended slavery in the US. The good side won! And it had white men on it! How do THEY not count as a positive? Why are only the "bad" whites targeted as examples?

The Arab attack on Europe doesn't affect society today. The Arab attack on Europe hasn't resulted in lasting inequalities between the Arab world and Europe. Colonialism, however, has resulted in massive disparities between Europe and colonized nations.

Those Northern whites compromised in 1876 to end Reconstruction which led to the implementation of Jim Crow. They might have ended slavery, but they didn't work to shape American society in a way that would reduce and eliminate racism towards black people. Instead they allowed Jim Crow to happen. And let's not forget that Northern whites were often just as racist. MLK even said that the crowds protesting him in Chicago were more vicious than Southerners. In the North, cities were redlined, preventing black people from building up housing wealth and police still brutalized them. Out here in Oregon, we banned black people from the state. The US' history of racism isn't cancelled out by the fact that the Civil War was won by white men.

The solution is to work to end the structural inequalities in our system.
The Constitution resolves this.

Ending mass incarceration,
For non-violent crimes, I agree.

anti-racist curriculum in schools,
Way too subjective

reparations, etc.
The people alive today are not responsible to pay anything (nor will they). The time for reparations to blacks (if any were to be paid) would have been during the Reconstruction. And even if we did force reparations - it would only cause more division: 1) No amount of money would ever be enough, 2) the vast, vast majority of white Americans come from ancestry that this not have slaves

Is it really that hard to imagine ways to reduce inequality?
Not at all. Equally enforce the laws and equally apply scholarly, cultural, and institutional standards.

And to compare the accurate assessment that white people tend to control and dominate society with anti-Semitism is absolutely abhorrent.

I compared the "boogie man" rhetoric

Last edited:
The Arab attack on Europe doesn't affect society today. The Arab attack on Europe hasn't resulted in lasting inequalities between the Arab world and Europe. Colonialism, however, has resulted in massive disparities between Europe and colonized nations.
So - according to you - anything done BY Europeans counts, anything done TO Europeans does not. Man, you really hate Europeans.

Those Northern whites compromised in 1876 to end Reconstruction which led to the implementation of Jim Crow. They might have ended slavery, but they didn't work to shape American society in a way that would reduce and eliminate racism towards black people. Instead they allowed Jim Crow to happen. And let's not forget that Northern whites were often just as racist. MLK even said that the crowds protesting him in Chicago were more vicious than Southerners. In the North, cities were redlined, preventing black people from building up housing wealth and police still brutalized them. Out here in Oregon, we banned black people from the state. The US' history of racism isn't cancelled out by the fact that the Civil War was won by white men.
Wow - whites get no credit at all. Only the bad. Yet everybody on the globe wants to rush into this horrible white system...to be oppressed by whites.

Last edited:

Way too subjective

The people alive today are not responsible to pay anything (nor will they). The time for reparations to blacks (if any were to be paid) would have been during the Reconstruction. And even if we did force reparations - it would only cause more division: 1) No amount of money would ever be enough, 2) the vast, vast majority of white Americans come from ancestry that this not have slaves

Not at all. Equally enforce the laws and equally apply scholarly, cultural, and institutional standards.

How does the Constitution resolve structural inequalities in the system? The Constitution has been used to both maintain and erode structural inequalities at various points in our history.

How is anti-racist curriculum too subjective?

Ta-Nehisi Coates makes a very compelling case for reparations here: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/. It isn't just slavery. It's things like redlining that resulted in black people not being able to take part in one of the largest expansions of wealth in our nation's history, the housing boom after WWII. That is recent history.

So - according to you - anything done BY Europeans counts, anything done TO Europeans does not. Man, you really hate Europeans.

I still want to know when, according to you, the Arabs attacked, conquered and enslaved much of Europe?

If the popular vote was the way elections were won, then both candidates would have run a different campaign. Trump went for the electoral college - which is what we always see on all the channels...the importance of "swing states" and all of that. At no time before this election was anyone talking about how to win the popular vote.

You claim she won playing Sorry!, but they were playing Risk
Oh? Is that how our elections work? Thanks!

Wow - whites get no credit at all. Only the bad. Yet everybody on the globe wants to rush into this horrible white system...to be oppressed by whites.
What has been done to you, as a straight white male, to oppress you, simply based on the color of your skin or your choice of religion? Please be specific.

Way too subjective

I compared the "boogie man" rhetoric
What has been done to you, as a straight white male, to oppress you, simply based on the color of your skin or your choice of religion? Please be specific.

Those White Nationalist had the right to march. ANTIFA had right to be present, but they did not have the right to physically interfere with the parade.

Those White Nationalist had the right to march. ANTIFA had right to be present, but they did not have the right to physically interfere with the parade.

^

His ancestors may have been enslaved by roving Arab hordes in Europe and he has familial PTSD.

I try to leave my subjective experiences out of the discussion - as much as possible. Even if I had answered with a list , you would say sarcastically "Oh, poor white male, can't handle a little discrimination after centuries of discriminating others..." No matter what, I can't win in your eyes. If I'm successful, it's all because of privilege. If I fail, it's because I REALLY suck at life. So - I just keep on....Working. Paying my mortgage and taxes. Serving my country. Taking care of my family...

Of course, I guess I could sell everything I own and give it away....but even then, that is such a "privileged" way of thinking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom