US Politics II - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #961
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Well, I just gave you two examples. And you know what is funny - I've posted a few things for the time in years - and the amount of insults haven't changed. Why can't we have a debate without the personal "at my avatar"attacks? Many of you have made some great points in the past - but they are much more easily received when I don't have to sift through the old cliche eye rolls, stop reading (insert obvious Right Wing website). I am only here to engage in a discussion, because I like healthy debates about the hot issues of the day. I will often play devil's advocate because there are so few opposing views here. But those opposing views do exist and you cannot just "insult" them away. You will need to win the debate.


but the Left isn't interested in debate. didn't you read the other thread?
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #962
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Additionally, let's say his private thoughts ARE racist? So what?
Who cares if the president of the US has racist thoughts! No biggie.
__________________

anitram is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #963
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Lol I'm not arguing reality, I'm laughing at selective perception.

You know, saying someone isn't a nazi because they aren't socialist. Sort of ignores the whole social belief that everyone knows of nazis.
If not an actual Nazi (meaning a member of some sort of new-Nazi political party. They exist, just have very few members) - what makes a person a Nazi in your eyes? Racism? If so - can black people be Nazis if they are also racist? Or someone who is Jewish who says, Goyim? Are they Nazis? Are only white racist Nazis? If so, what is uniquely bad about white racism (versus the racism of other races)?
AEON is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #964
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Bad ideas will simple fade out if you let them. It is only when we use violence (or the law) to prohibit free speech, do we extend the life of bad ideas.

1920s and 1930s Germany shows this isn't true.
nbelcik is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #965
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
but the Left isn't interested in debate. didn't you read the other thread?
I read it and literally laughed out loud when I saw it was locked. Thus proving the OPs point...
AEON is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #966
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Well, I just gave you two examples. And you know what is funny - I've posted a few things for the time in years - and the amount of insults haven't changed. Why can't we have a debate without the personal "at my avatar"attacks? Many of you have made some great points in the past - but they are much more easily received when I don't have to sift through the old cliche eye rolls, stop reading (insert obvious Right Wing website). I am only here to engage in a discussion, because I like healthy debates about the hot issues of the day. I will often play devil's advocate because there are so few opposing views here. But those opposing views do exist and you cannot just "insult" them away. You will need to win the debate.


So far you've lied, ignored, twisted people's responses, and showed sympathy for Nazis.

That's how you engage in debate?
BVS is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #967
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 02:58 AM
The OP who posts and runs and never ever engages in discussion was proven right?
anitram is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #968
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
If not an actual Nazi (meaning a member of some sort of new-Nazi political party. They exist, just have very few members) - what makes a person a Nazi in your eyes? Racism? If so - can black people be Nazis if they are also racist? Or someone who is Jewish who says, Goyim? Are they Nazis? Are only white racist Nazis? If so, what is uniquely bad about white racism (versus the racism of other races)?


This is debate? You don't know how to identify a nazi?
BVS is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #969
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,453
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
but the Left isn't interested in debate. didn't you read the other thread?


Precisely.

TBH orange Donnie is the problem. Half of the viewpoints, while still incredibly offensive, are being spewed out in a way such that there is no moral, logical, or otherwise sane thought process in which their being conveyed. If it was just a regular politician defending his views, I'm sure there would be more dialogue (sadly).

What I don't understand is how folks can blindly follow that man and accept whatever he says as their position. Look no further than Afghanistan and NK. He talks a big game about being anti-imperialist. About not being the world's police. About not being in foreign countries. All fantastic things! And yet he's egging on North Korea. He has a "plan" (he probably found in a fortune cookie) to fight harder in Afghanistan. He blindly threatens Venezuela. He has literally done everything he can to continue being the world's police, being imperialist, and being present in foreign countries. And yet his people still defend him! They wake up and say "well, his plan is better than before." On what grounds?!? On what grounds, I ask. I won't get an answer, though. Because at the end of the day, as long as it != Obama, it's right. If democrats invented a cure for AIDS, Trump would have it undone by next week.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:51 PM   #970
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Lol I'm not arguing reality, I'm laughing at selective perception.

You know, saying someone isn't a nazi because they aren't socialist. Sort of ignores the whole social belief that everyone knows of nazis.
yeah i figured you would be aware of that, but just thought it needed pointing out anyway haha
mama cass is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #971
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Ted Cruz you can debate. Trump and Trumpism is completely different.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #972
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
1920s and 1930s Germany shows this isn't true.
Wasn't Hitler jailed? Didn't Hitler use the negative press against him to "prove" that the Jews were against him? Didn't the Nazis go so far as to stage violence against their parades because they knew it would help their cause in the long run?

Then again - I hope you are applying the same standard to other "identity-based" groups.
AEON is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #973
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
If not an actual Nazi (meaning a member of some sort of new-Nazi political party. They exist, just have very few members) - what makes a person a Nazi in your eyes? Racism? If so - can black people be Nazis if they are also racist? Or someone who is Jewish who says, Goyim? Are they Nazis? Are only white racist Nazis? If so, what is uniquely bad about white racism (versus the racism of other races)?
oh jesus please go back to school or read a book or something
mama cass is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #974
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The OP who posts and runs and never ever engages in discussion was proven right?
Yeah - try to read the thread again. In essence it breaks down like this:

Right says, "Man, you just can't debate with the Left..."

Left says, "O sure you can, you just can't say anything I disagree with, because everything you think is repugnant"

Left locks thread...

C'mon - that's funny! You guys proved his point for him...
AEON is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #975
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
oh jesus please go back to school or read a book or something
More insults....
AEON is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #976
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
More insults....
no it's not an insult, it's genuine heartfelt advice
mama cass is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #977
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Wasn't Hitler jailed? Didn't Hitler use the negative press against him to "prove" that the Jews were against him? Didn't the Nazis go so far as to stage violence against their parades because they knew it would help their cause in the long run?



Then again - I hope you are applying the same standard to other "identity-based" groups.


Just stop. This isn't honest debate, and you know it.

You're not even making sense first of all with these examples. Secondly NONE of these groups you're trying to equate want to eradicate a race.

Just stop, if you're serious about debating then do that, but what you're doing now is childish.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #978
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,192
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I have no problem with a counter protest. I take issue (and so does the law) when they attack (smash people and burn property). Also - NAZI means "National Socialism" - are you suggesting the marchers, or Trump, are supporting National Socialism?
Are you suggesting that buffalo wings aren't made from buffalos?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #979
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Yeah - try to read the thread again. In essence it breaks down like this:



Right says, "Man, you just can't debate with the Left..."



Left says, "O sure you can, you just can't say anything I disagree with, because everything you think is repugnant"



Left locks thread...



C'mon - that's funny! You guys proved his point for him...


Once again you're lying.

Where did anyone say, you can't say anything I disagree with?

That thread was the equivalent of Keith Richards walking in, saying "don't do drugs", lighting up a crack pipe and walking away never to be seen again.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #980
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 06:58 AM
Guess Bernie Sanders is a NAZI

This is why we cannot debate in here

antifa is ISIS, right down to the way they dress, and tearing down statues (like ISIS)

I'll wait for antifa to start chopping heads off, demand we all convert to ??? some belief system, and run people over in cars

Oh wait, that was a neo nazi who did that last part. And tried to justify the murder of an innocent woman by stating you saw the video and didn't think the car was doing anything wrong? Or that people were instigating him to run them over?

This is why nothing will ever get resolved. It's all the fucking extremes.

I am hesitant of antifa because of their use of violence in our society. When I see someone getting punched in the face in Germany for giving the salute, I laugh and think good....because of the history there.

We have different laws here so I'm trying to balance my emotions within them.

I am willing to state that if our laws allow neo nazis, and other hate groups, who want nothing more than to cause violence to a specific group of people/race, march and try to intimidate towns/cities of their eventual takeover, then maybe the law needs to be changed.

It's not worth it anymore, unless we're willing to fight over it again.
__________________

BEAL is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×