US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On your list of atrocities the Iraq War should be included. I watched that unfold in real time A fake War from the get go. And with all news organizations on board, CNN, NYT, etc. The beginning they were cheer-leading the "shock and awe" as tens of thousands of people in Baghdad and other cities were being blown apart and burned alive. Men, women and children.

i'm assuming you are unaware of the history behind the philippine-american war, and don't know about the enormous concentration camps surrounded by free-fire zones set up by the american military, or the tactic of sailing up to cities with large ironclad fleets and bombarding everything indiscriminately until literally nothing was standing and no-one was left alive before moving ground troops in without them having to fire a shot or take a casualty due to every single citizen being dead or buried, or the standing orders to shoot on sight any civilian out after the start of the arbitrary curfew (the start time of which was up to the whims of the local commander and frequently changed day-to-day without notice), or the indiscriminate medieval-style sacking (think of barbarians raping and pillaging and you're getting kinda close) of thousands of towns and villages, etc etc.

both sides were guilty of the most disgusting war crimes, but the filipino guerrillas hiding in the jungles attempting to cast off the imperialist invaders weren't destroying entire cities as a strategy.

iraq was undoubtedly horrible (mind that a lot of the visceral sense of the horror comes from having experienced seeing it with your own eyes on CNN), but the philippine war was a nightmare rampage of genocidal hell on par with king leopold of belgium's personal rule of the congo free state around the same time.

Last edited:
Do any of you think this report by CNN is legit?

Is this real?

CNN: There Will Be Questions About Whether Barcelona Attack Was 'Copycat' of Charlottesville

Here is a better link from Huff post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...t-charlottesville_us_5996014be4b0e8cc855c5db6

stellar CNN reporting, someone please give Blitzer another Walter Concrike Award.

What type of legitimacy scale are we using?

As legitimate as Trump's presidency?

As legitimate as Fox News being balanced and not racist?

Or are we talking MC Hammer legitimacy?

Or if the fake news happens to make a mistake in reporting, then it just proves the bias.

Yet the administration never admits a mistake so they are always free from criticism.

Witness accounts I've read from peaceful counter-protesters are saying that Antifa members were protecting them from the white supremacy groups and that if it had not been for them there would have been many more casualties. Obviously it was too much for the local police to handle. How then are they equally to blame?

The guy who ghost wrote "the art of the deal" believes trump won't last the rest of the year.

As Headache has predicted too, he believes that Trump will strike a deal with Mueller in that he'll get immunity and resign to avoid charges.

After this last weekend he doesn't see how trump recovers.

Not getting hopes up but I think with the investigation looking into $$$$$, that is where you can hurt Trump. He's oblivious to anything else

His kids have been completely silent since the Russian meeting story too. I think they are all fucked and are cooperating to get deals made

:up: there is a strong Antifa presence in our nearest largest town - must say it's nice to know they're around and committed to standing up to the local neo-nazis (who are a VERY small fringe group thankfully)

i admit to hiding my son's antifa t-shirt in the laundry for months though after he flashed it to the local neo-nazis (slowly unzipped his jacket to reveal his t-shirt and grinned at them like a stoopid when they asked him for a light) and promptly had to dodge two punches and got chased (he was fine though THANK FUCK, but i aged about 20 years overnight)

:up: Your son seems like a bit of a badass there! Good on him though, very fearless. :)

When did having disagreement on policy with those to the left or right of your own stances have anything to do with whether or not Nazis are good? For fucks sake.

I'm sure there were some assholes who were looking for a fight on the left in Charlottesville. But they still weren't Nazis. When did this even become a debatable topic?

We're so fucked.

DHh4tQ6UIAAvIOA.jpg:large

:happy:

Trump has now lost charities that were to be held at his Florida resort.

That's how you hurt him, with finances.

Seems like things are really spiraling down now for him.

Either he resigns or he starts WW3 ;)

It's just a steady drip of departures with this administration, isn't it? Maybe that's the best way to weed these nutjobs out, instead of trying to get rid of them all at once.

Bye, Bannon. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out :wave:!

Well ladies and gentlemen, say goodbye to president Trump and say hello to major independent candidate Steve Bannon.

Oh, god, let's hope not. I just want him to disappear somewhere never to show his face again.

Danny Boy makes a good point about the role he could play in the next election, though, if he did go that route...

When did having disagreement on policy with those to the left or right of your own stances have anything to do with whether or not Nazis are good? For fucks sake.

I'm sure there were some assholes who were looking for a fight on the left in Charlottesville. But they still weren't Nazis. When did this even become a debatable topic?

We're so fucked.

Exactly. I'm seeing people online ranting about how the "left" is making too big a thing out of this and I'm thinking, "Gee, you're not exactly making a good case for conservatives if you think only us liberals are the ones who are bothered by this." I would hope anyone, regardless of which side of the political aisle they're on, with anything resembling decency and compassion and a brain, would be horrified by the neo-Nazis/white supremacists and their actions above all else.

This isn't that complicated a situation to take a stance on. It really isn't.

Well I'm headed to the USA tomorrow morning for the great eclipse. At this rate, I wonder if trump will still be president when I return to Canada next week hahaha. I never thought I'de say this but I'm rooting for bannon to fight hard and expose trump and if anybody will do it, it will be him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom