US Politics II - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #441
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Grand Jury time! Trump and his family are going to jail!
I don't get the connection between Grand Jury, and guilt

Old 08-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I don't get the connection between Grand Jury, and guilt
this is the same poster that sees mushroom clouds every time kim jong un sneezes.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The pee tape really is real, isn't it.
God, I hope so.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #444
War Child

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
this is the same poster that sees mushroom clouds every time kim jong un sneezes.
Booom
Old 08-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #445
Blue Crack Distributor

The further along we go on this, we keep checking off things the tin foil hat crowd have been tweeting about for months.

So while some of them (Mensch) may be coocoo birds, perhaps it's time that on this particular issue we start believing them.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:51 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:29 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lcolm-turnbull

Really interested to see what you guys make of this, it's a bit of a big thing over here.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:28 AM   #447
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I've spent the last 20 minutes listening to an interview with Kellyanne Conway and I think my IQ dropped about 4 points.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:26 AM   #448
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post

Really interested to see what you guys make of this, it's a bit of a big thing over here.
It proves that my theory that every Australian knows Greg Norman is correct.

It also proves that we have a boorish idiot in the White House, but most of us knew that already.

I especially liked this part...

Quote:
Trump: Look, I do not know how you got them to sign a deal like this, but that is how they lost the election. They said I had no way to 270 and I got 306. That is why they lost the election, because of stupid deals like this. You have brokered many a stupid deal in business and I respect you, but I guarantee that you broke many a stupid deal. This is a stupid deal. This deal will make me look terrible.
and of course this...

Quote:
Trump: What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats? No, I know, they come from certain regions. I get it.
We're all gonna die
Old 08-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #449
45:33

Local Time: 05:59 PM
So funny that you think it's an indictment on Trump. He comes out of this looking positively presidential compared to our utterly pathetic weakass piss stain cunt of a prime minister.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:17 AM   #450
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:59 PM
They both come out of it looking awful—Trump fucking calls himself the greatest person in the world—but Turnbull looks worse with his fawning and his admissions about Australian refugee policy that he would not have made in public.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #451
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
So funny that you think it's an indictment on Trump. He comes out of this looking positively presidential compared to our utterly pathetic weakass piss stain cunt of a prime minister.
Well this is the US Politics thread and not the Aussie Rules Politics thread...
Old 08-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #452
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post

there's a lot happening over here (grand juries!) but this has gotten some attention over here.

i particularly enjoyed this article:

Quote:

Australia’s Prime Minister Slowly Realizes Trump Is a Complete Idiot

The transcript of Donald Trump’s discussion with Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull obtained by the Washington Post reveals many things, but the most significant may be that Trump in his private negotiations is every bit as mentally limited as he appears to be in public.

At issue in the conversation is a deal to settle 1,250 refugees who have been detained by Australia in the United States. I did not pay any attention to the details of this agreement before reading the transcript. By the time I was halfway through it, my brain could not stop screaming at Trump for his failure to understand what Turnbull was telling him.

Australia has a policy of refusing to accept refugees who arrive by boat. The reason, as Turnbull patiently attempts to explain several times, is that it believes giving refuge to people who arrive by boat would encourage smuggling and create unsafe passage with a high risk of deaths at sea. But it had a large number of refugees who had arrived by sea, living in difficult conditions, whom Australia would not resettle (for fear of encouraging more boat trafficking) but whom it did not want to deport, either. The United States government agreed under President Obama to vet 1,250 of these refugees and accept as many of them as it deemed safe.

In the transcript, Trump is unable to absorb any of these facts. He calls the refugees “prisoners,” and repeatedly brings up the Cuban boatlift (in which Castro dumped criminals onto Florida). He is unable to absorb Turnbull’s explanation that they are economic refugees, not from conflict zones, and that the United States has the ability to turn away any of them it deems dangerous.

Turnbull tries to explain to Trump that refugees have not been detained because they pose a danger to Australian society, but in order to deter ship-based smuggling:

Quote:
Trump: Why haven’t you let them out? Why have you not let them into your society?

Turnbull: Okay, I will explain why. It is not because they are bad people. It is because in order to stop people smugglers, we had to deprive them of the product. So we said if you try to come to Australia by boat, even if we think you are the best person in the world, even if you are a Noble [sic] Prize winning genius, we will not let you in. Because the problem with the people —
At this point, Trump fails to understand the policy altogether, and proceeds to congratulate Turnbull for what Trump mistakes to be a draconian policy of total exclusion:

Quote:
Trump: That is a good idea. We should do that too. You are worse than I am … Because you do not want to destroy your country. Look at what has happened in Germany. Look at what is happening in these countries.
Trump has completely failed to understand either that the refugees are not considered dangerous, or, again, that they are being held because of a categorical ban on ship-based refugee traffic.

He also fails to understand the number of refugees in the agreement:

Quote:
Trump: I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people and I agree I can vet them, but that puts me in a bad position. It makes me look so bad and I have only been here a week.

Turnbull: With great respect, that is not right – It is not 2,000.

Trump: Well, it is close. I have also heard like 5,000 as well.

Turnbull: The given number in the agreement is 1,250 and it is entirely a matter of your vetting.
Then Trump returns to his belief that they are bad, and failing to understand the concept that they have been detained merely because they arrived by sea and not because they committed a crime:
Quote:
Trump: I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.

Turnbull: I would not be so sure about that. They are basically —

Trump: Well, maybe you should let them out of prison.
He still thinks they’re criminals.

Later, Trump asks what happens if all the refugees fail his vetting process:

Quote:
Trump: I hate having to do it, but I am still going to vet them very closely. Suppose I vet them closely and I do not take any?

Turnbull: That is the point I have been trying to make.
After several attempts by Turnbull to explain Australia’s policy, Trump again expresses his total inability to understand what it is:

Quote:
Trump: Does anybody know who these people are? Who are they? Where do they come from? Are they going to become the Boston bomber in five years? Or two years? Who are these people?

Turnbull: Let me explain. We know exactly who they are. They have been on Nauru or Manus for over three years and the only reason we cannot let them into Australia is because of our commitment to not allow people to come by boat. Otherwise we would have let them in. If they had arrived by airplane and with a tourist visa then they would be here.

Trump: Malcom [sic], but they are arrived on a boat?
After Turnbull has told Trump several times that the refugees have been detained because they arrived by boat, and only for that reason, Trump’s question is, “But they are arrived on a boat?”

Soon after, Turnbull again reiterates that Australia’s policy is to detain any refugee who arrives by boat:

Quote:
Turnbull: The only people that we do not take are people who come by boa. So we would rather take a not very attractive guy that help you out then to take a Noble [sic] Peace Prize winner that comes by boat. That is the point.”

Trump: What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats? No, I know, they come from certain regions. I get it.
No, you don’t get it at all! It’s not that they come from certain regions! It’s that they come by boat!

So Turnbull very patiently tries to explain again that the policy has nothing to do with what region the refugees come from:

Quote:
Turnbull: No, let me explain why. The problem with the boats it that you are basically outsourcing your immigration program to people smugglers and also you get thousands of people drowning at sea.
At this point, Trump gives up asking about the policy and just starts venting about the terribleness of deals in general:

Quote:
I do not know what he got out of it. We never get anything out of it — START Treaty, the Iran deal. I do not know where they find these people to make these stupid deals. I am going to get killed on this thing.
Shortly afterward, the call ends in brusque fashion, and Turnbull presumably begins drinking heavily.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

He is such a simpleton. It's bad enough that he may be too stupid to understand the complexities of global relationships but he has such enormous hubris that even if his base stupidity wasn't the barrier to understanding, his unwillingness to admit that he doesn't know anything will always sink him.

More and more I blame his children. They are obviously brazen grifters obsessed with greed because there is no way that any child who has respect for their parent would allow them to get to this point. I'd have locked my Dad in the basement before letting him make an utter fool of himself like this. Let alone enable him and be an "advisor". My God.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Also, my favourite bit of news from the this week may be that the Secret Service had to vacate the floor beneath Trump's apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan because they could not come to an agreement about their continuing lease. Rumors are he was charging them 4x the market rate. So now the Secret Service is sitting outside in a TRAILER on the STREET in the middle of fucking New York City, guarding the trash inside.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Turnbull looks worse with his fawning
i don't know where on earth you guys get this from. i know turnbull sucks in general but what is he supposed to do when he's trying to get trump to keep an important agreement he clearly doesn't even want to understand, let alone maintain.

god forbid he attempts to be somewhat diplomatic and deferential in his first phone call with the newly elected president of the united states.

what did you expect, for him to call trump a cunt and tell him to fuck off or something?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

US Politics II

Old 08-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country.
Can somebody try and make sense of this sentence for me?

Also, I love how Trump is worrying so much about being seen as weak and ineffective after one week in office. Ahahaha. Ahaha. Aha. Ha...

...ha. Yeah. God, what a moron.

(Honestly, I just want to know more about these "local milk people" he's referring to. I saw that bit on Colbert last night and for some reason, that really cracked me up.)
Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Pharma Douche was convicted of securities fraud.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #459
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i don't know where on earth you guys get this from. i know turnbull sucks in general but what is he supposed to do when he's trying to get trump to keep an important agreement he clearly doesn't even want to understand, let alone maintain.

god forbid he attempts to be somewhat diplomatic and deferential in his first phone call with the newly elected president of the united states.

what did you expect, for him to call trump a cunt and tell him to fuck off or something?
Yeah, it's incredible that Cobbler would say Trump came off looking presidential there. He came off like an ignorant, narcissistic, xenophobic, angry, petulant, ADD-addled child.

I do not know anything about Turnbull or much about Australian politics in general, but to me he came off as somebody attempting to be nice and deferential to Trump because that everyone knows that's what Trump responds to.

Seems like you guys hate your PM. I thought you hated your previous guy, Abbott, but maybe you hate this guy more.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #460
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Can somebody try and make sense of this sentence for me?

Also, I love how Trump is worrying so much about being seen as weak and ineffective after one week in office. Ahahaha. Ahaha. Aha. Ha...

...ha. Yeah. God, what a moron.

(Honestly, I just want to know more about these "local milk people" he's referring to. I saw that bit on Colbert last night and for some reason, that really cracked me up.)
Perhaps I'm giving him too much credit, but I think maybe he was trying to say, 'as far as the people who voted for me are concerned, I am the world's greatest person because I don't want to let people into the country, and it will be bad politically if I let these people in now'.