US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, "paddy wagon" is what you'd hear in a standard news report down here, but then I suppose you could suggest Australia is stuck in the forties (1940s or 1840s, your pick) in plenty of ways.

The term actual comes from an anti-Irish slur, so it's interesting that it's common there.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Can't wait to see what the next Russia distraction will be, and which major character they are going to kill off this week. Game of What?

giphy.gif

Quick, how many can name, off the top of their head, any staff members from some of the previous administrations? Who was Obama's communications director? Who was Bush's or Clinton's chief off staff? Who was Bush's chief strategist/advisor? Who was Clinton's press secretary?

The only one that I can think of is Ari Fleischer, from the George W. Bush administration.

The fact that we know all these names from Trump's White House, from Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Anthony Scaramucci, Stephen Miller, Sean Spicer, Reince Priebus and Jared Kushner really says a lot about the quality, or lack thereof, of the people Trump surrounds himself.

Quick, how many can name, off the top of their head, any staff members from some of the previous administrations? Who was Obama's communications director? Who was Bush's or Clinton's chief off staff? Who was Bush's chief strategist/advisor? Who was Clinton's press secretary?

The only one that I can think of is Ari Fleischer, from the George W. Bush administration.

The fact that we know all these names from Trump's White House, from Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Anthony Scaramucci, Stephen Miller, Sean Spicer, Reince Priebus and Jared Kushner really says a lot about the quality, or lack thereof, of the people Trump surrounds himself.

I don't know, there are at least a few names that get to be known widely, at least among people who follow politics, from each administration...

Clinton
George Stephanopoulos - Communications Director
Dee Dee Myers - Press Secretary
Rahm Emanuel - Senior Advisor

Bush
Tony Snow - Press Secretary
Nicole Wallace - Communications Director

Obama
Rahm Emanuel - Chief Of Staff
Josh Earnest - Press Secretary
David Axelrod - Senior Advisor

But yes, this administration is a trainwreck.

If you ask me, it's on purpose. Bet ya he's happy to make a name for all of them.

I don't know, there are at least a few names that get to be known widely, at least among people who follow politics, from each administration...

Clinton
George Stephanopoulos - Communications Director
Dee Dee Myers - Press Secretary
Rahm Emanuel - Senior Advisor

Bush
Tony Snow - Press Secretary
Nicole Wallace - Communications Director

Obama
Rahm Emanuel - Chief Of Staff
Josh Earnest - Press Secretary
David Axelrod - Senior Advisor

But yes, this administration is a trainwreck.
Agreed, but I was thinking more about casual observers. You know about these people because you follow politics, but it's rare for White House staff to become household names for the public at large.

Meanwhile North Korea gets ever closer to being able to nuke mainland USA. What a shit show!

Trump isn't a politician. He's new to this. Can we really expect him to run tight ship so early in his tenure? He's still learning on the job!!!

And he hires the BEST people.

This isn't Trump's fault, or the the people who've left. It's the media's fault for being so mean spirited.

We should be ashamed. We're the only thing holding us back from being great again

Agreed, but I was thinking more about casual observers. You know about these people because you follow politics, but it's rare for White House staff to become household names for the public at large.

karl rove was a household name to the public at large for pretty much the entirety of the bush administration.

They're saying Kelly is who ordered this one.

I'm sure that was the case, but I can't help think that Bannon is striving on this chaos of lineup changes and plays a part, even if it's planting seeds. The white nationalist corners of Twitter were furious with Mooch, that coupled with the cock sucking comment had Bannon pissed off.

Meanwhile North Korea gets ever closer to being able to nuke mainland USA. What a shit show!
i think i'm just going to give up on trying to get you to stop spazzing out over world war 3 being about to break out every time kim jong un farts in an easterly direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom