US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the Boy Scouts dude the CEO of AT&T, wanting Trump to give the ok to their merger?

THIS IS MY SURPRISED FACE.

Fuck all these assholes, seriously.

friends in the military all received an email today essentially telling them to disregard the president's tweets.

Irvin, wondering which branches your friends serve in?

I'm not a military member, but did get a widely circulated email today from one of the branch Chiefs of Staff. It was sharing a memo down from the Chairman of the JCS. 'Essentially disregarding' the big boss isn't how I'd describe the memo at all.

And not usually how senior military leaders operate publicly. Unless they're ready for a swift retirement :wink:

Irvin, wondering which branches your friends serve in?

I'm not a military member, but did get a widely circulated email today from one of the branch Chiefs of Staff. It was sharing a memo down from the Chairman of the JCS. 'Essentially disregarding' the big boss isn't how I'd describe the memo at all.

And not usually how senior military leaders operate publicly. Unless they're ready for a swift retirement :wink:

air force, and working at the Pentagon. i think you likely got the same memo, but i'd agree more with my assessment. Here's the crux of it:

There will be no modifications to the current policy until the President's direction has been received by the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary has issued implementation guidance.

In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect.

this is unbelievably fucked up. :crazy:

“Is it an assistant to the President?” he asked. I again told him I couldn’t say. “O.K., I’m going to fire every one of them, and then you haven’t protected anybody, so the entire place will be fired over the next two weeks.”

I asked him why it was so important for the dinner to be kept a secret. Surely, I said, it would become public at some point. “I’ve asked people not to leak things for a period of time and give me a honeymoon period,” he said. “They won’t do it.” He was getting more and more worked up, and he eventually convinced himself that Priebus was my source.

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

Scaramucci was particularly incensed by a Politico report about his financial-disclosure form, which he viewed as an illegal act of retaliation by Priebus. The reporter said Thursday morning that the document was publicly available and she had obtained it from the Export-Import Bank. Scaramucci didn’t know this at the time, and he insisted to me that Priebus had leaked the document, and that the act was “a felony.”

“I’ve called the F.B.I. and the Department of Justice,” he told me.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“The swamp will not defeat him,” he said, breaking into the third person. “They’re trying to resist me, but it’s not going to work. I’ve done nothing wrong on my financial disclosures, so they’re going to have to go fuck themselves.”

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

this is what happens when you disregard the rules. you let the thugs in.

So to continue the week of weird;

we have our first presidential executive order via text.

apparently said order wasn't discussed with anyone and he lied about the Generals' consult.

New Comm leader accusing COS of leaking publicly accessed info

and Ann Coulter still attacking the tweeter in chief

If it wasn't so scary, it would make for great tv

air force, and working at the Pentagon. i think you likely got the same memo, but i'd agree more with my assessment. Here's the crux of it:

your assessment is wildly off the mark.

of course they are not going to instantly modify the policy based on a tweet from the day before. they are going to wait for actual orders to come down the chain of command...because it's the military.

there is not a chance in any conceivable universe the joint chiefs of staff would issue a mass-memo making even the hint of a suggestion that anything the commander in chief has publicly communicated should be "essentially disregarded". no way. that's the definition of insubordination.

Last edited:
i went back and re-read the series of posts and i misunderstood at first what you meant. i thought you were interpreting it as defiance from the joint chiefs. my bad.

of course they are not going to instantly modify the policy based on a tweet from the day before. they are going to wait for actual orders to come down the chain of command...because it's the military.

there is not a chance in any conceivable universe the joint chiefs of staff would issue a mass-memo making even the hint of a suggestion that anything the commander in chief has publicly communicated should be "essentially disregarded".

Agreed !

A tweet is not policy.

Agreed, by definition 140 characters is not detailed policy and completely inappropriate in this circumstance. Especially when it catches the public and govt/military stakeholders by surprise. :tsk:

Agreed !

Agreed, by definition 140 characters is not detailed policy and completely inappropriate in this circumstance. Especially when it catches the public and govt/military stakeholders by surprise. :tsk:
"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States,"

Sympathy for the Elf Devil

I'm still amazed how Trump has managed to make Elf Devil Sessions somehow sympathetic. These are truly strange times we live in.:ohmy:

Hmmm...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senators...g-ag-special-counsel-151829865--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Warning of "holy hell" to pay if the president fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a top Senate Republican is working to prevent the potential end result, the dismissal of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is working on legislation that would block the firing of special counsels without judicial review. Democrats Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut said Thursday they are among the senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee who are working with Graham on the effort.

Despite a drumbeat of criticism from President Donald Trump, congressional Republicans have expressed strong support for former FBI Director Mueller, who was appointed earlier this year to investigate allegations of Russian meddling in the U.S. election and possible links to the Trump campaign. They have also rallied around Sessions, a former senator from Alabama who has become a daily target of critical tweets from Trump.

Graham and Whitehouse lead the Judiciary panel's subcommittee on crime and terrorism and have been investigating the Russian meddling along with the committee's chairman, Iowa GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley. A Graham spokesman says the senator's still working on the bill, and it's unclear when it will be introduced.

Blumenthal said that the bill "might be a committee effort" and said that it would protect Mueller and other special counsels. He said firing Mueller "would precipitate a firestorm that would be unprecedented in proportions."

Would be quite interesting to see Trump's reaction if this thing passed. Maybe this means there is still a bit of hope that the GOP will finally start really fighting back against Trump?

Think of the RATINGS he's getting though ! Spicy and Huck can't do this!!

SNL should bring back Joe Piscopo for the Mooch

Who among us hasn't gone face down in a pile of Peruvian white, called the New Yorker, and threatened to kill people while working at the White House?

This is the COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR.

:up: seriously i can't decide if this is terrifying or hilarious :ohmy:

Think of the RATINGS he's getting though ! Spicy and Huck can't do this!!

SNL should bring back Joe Piscopo for the Mooch

would love to see Ben Stiller do this, Zoolander style :lol:

They just read out a translation of "suck my cock" on the news of the public broadcaster here in Belgium. Great stuff.

So much crazy to unpack this morning.

First the glorious fail that was the Skinny Repeal bill. I'm still livid it was so close to being passed at all, but props to Senators Collins and Murkowski for remaining steadfast in opposition. McCain also gets some credit for finding his spine, finally. But for me the real rock star here is Senator Mazie Hirono who returned to the senate following a 2nd surgery for her stage 4 cancer to fight these awful bills.

Then in completely batshit crazy news is a guy who is ruining the name Mooch.

I know only one Mooch, the Mooch at the NFL Network!
yahoo_mooch.jpg

Just when you think it can't get more embarrassing, President Tiny Hands hires someone even more unhinged than himself as Communications Director. There's no way he lasts more than 2 weeks, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom