US Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said God Knows.

Anyway, Trumps back to North Korea....

https://twitter.com/margarettalev/status/879454244650266624

AND you shouldn't. That's you holding on a thread of hope. You buy into that shit just the slightest bit, and you're part of that man's proof that he can play this big game and control the media.

You're off distracted in fake scandal and fake leaks probably made by orange Donnie himself, only to miss the very realness of his totally shit presidency. He's an actor. He loves that you're paying it attention. He's calculated. He knows exactly what he's doing - just enough to not have to be president but be talked about every day.

And yes this includes you sharing that link and saying "god knows."

AND you shouldn't. That's you holding on a thread of hope. You buy into that shit just the slightest bit, and you're part of that man's proof that he can play this big game and control the media.

You're off distracted in fake scandal and fake leaks probably made by orange Donnie himself, only to miss the very realness of his totally shit presidency. He's an actor. He loves that you're paying it attention. He's calculated. He knows exactly what he's doing - just enough to not have to be president but be talked about every day.

And yes this includes you sharing that link and saying "god knows."
As long as Trump doesn't start a World War I don't really care as I don't live in the States. Its sad that a country founded on freedom of speech and freedom of expression is heading in such a downward direction and I feel for the people that will die from losing healthcare, but ultimately it won't affect me (unless the clown decides to nuke NK or stir things up even more in Syria) .
People can make their own minds up on who they believe on the Internet.

Agree, I don't know how we raise the bar (aside from asking James Cameron to do it.....)

We're going to see more and more Trump clones.

Look at what the Dems are doing with their "swearing" to try and appear like they tell it like it is....

It was a good run

pretty sure you are giving him vastly too much credit here.

No,
. What's with the insisted use of italics, recently?

People need to stop assuming Trump is a total idiot who dumbed his way into office. He's feeding more of the "all press is good press" bullshit.

Remember when John Kasich was offered to be the "most powerful Vice President" in the history of this country? If there's one leak you should believe, it's that tattle right there. Trump has taken literally every step to give all of his governing powers to other people while he argues about trivial and stupid shit. Does nobody see his insisted tactic to be distractor in chief??

Bullshit. You don't care to listen because you don't like what I have to say. Which is exhausting, to be honest, and I don't really need it in my life anymore.

I part with this. I have very little opinion on Ralph Nader because I was 9 years old during the 2000 election. But everything he says here is extremely spot on.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/25...the-most-vicious-republican-party-in-history/

I anticipate no one in this forum reading it because they don't like Ralph Nader due to 2000, or dismissing it because it doesn't line up with their established views. Which is hilarious, because that's like the whole point of this.

How quickly the so-called left wing party of this country has basically become Republicans Lite.

Why should we like what you have to say when your MO for the last couple of years has spiraled into this? It's not the content no one wants to deal with, it's this ^

Dave was spot on in his response. You're no longer capable of engagement, it's pure entitlement. You've become no better than the Trumpets, you get asked to back up your statements and you ignore or attack. It's a shame, most here have a lot of common ground with you, and I for one really respected your input years ago, but your anger hasn't allowed you to truly engage for quite awhile.

No,
. What's with the insisted use of italics, recently?

People need to stop assuming Trump is a total idiot who dumbed his way into office. He's feeding more of the "all press is good press" bullshit.

Remember when John Kasich was offered to be the "most powerful Vice President" in the history of this country? If there's one leak you should believe, it's that tattle right there. Trump has taken literally every step to give all of his governing powers to other people while he argues about trivial and stupid shit. Does nobody see his insisted tactic to be distractor in chief??

Yes, he's an actor, but you are giving him too much credit. This isn't some calculated maneuvering to get some brilliant agenda through to America. He just wants adoration, he could care less if it came from white nationalists or fellow "billionaires". He just wants a legacy, and it does eat at him that he'll never be an Obama, Reagan, or even a Carter.

Yes, he's an actor, but you are giving him too much credit. This isn't some calculated maneuvering to get some brilliant agenda through to America. He just wants adoration, he could care less if it came from white nationalists or fellow "billionaires". He just wants a legacy, and it does eat at him that he'll never be an Obama, Reagan, or even a Carter.

Where did I once say this was to get an agenda through?

It's like you didn't even read my post, you tell me I'm wrong, and then you restate half of it.

As if there was any doubt. :wink:

Rather confused - why does the end goal matter six months into the first term of Donald Trump? Don't you think step one is unity? Disorganization is probably the worst thing you can do to take him down. Which is, of course, the current state of the Democratic Party.

So do we ever recover from this? This being our current state of affairs. It seems this may become the new normal of politics in this country. Throw in everything this administration is doing that seems to break or bend the conventional rules, and who's to say that even if a Democrat gets in that they don't behave in similar ways?

One negative to all of this "leaking" is that sensitive information isn't sensitive anymore. Will any future President be safe? Or any politician?

How can our elections be hack proofed when the party in power doesn't appear to even care? It's not even that T may or may not have colluded, it's the fact that Russia fucked with us. Guess we know how it feels with some of our Foreign Policy moves regarding propping up dictators/presidents in other countries.

Automation is going to probably be a bigger threat in the short term than climate change. Retail is going to be the next industry to blow up. Service Industry as well. What are we going to do?

And lastly, our country is so divided. Who would unite us?

Won't even go into refugee crisis. I've heard Nigeria is the next country to have a massive refugee issue, and they're like 10x the size of Syria. Where would they go? Europe can barely handle what's coming in now.

I should relax I suppose. We have a great leader. The greatest. Great

it just occurred to me that BEAL is probably not a name and likely stands for bono edge adam larry.

i am ashamed at how long it took me to realize this.

(yes, you have been communicating with the band, collectively)

So do we ever recover from this? This being our current state of affairs. It seems this may become the new normal of politics in this country. Throw in everything this administration is doing that seems to break or bend the conventional rules, and who's to say that even if a Democrat gets in that they don't behave in similar ways?

One negative to all of this "leaking" is that sensitive information isn't sensitive anymore. Will any future President be safe? Or any politician?

How can our elections be hack proofed when the party in power doesn't appear to even care? It's not even that T may or may not have colluded, it's the fact that Russia fucked with us. Guess we know how it feels with some of our Foreign Policy moves regarding propping up dictators/presidents in other countries.

Automation is going to probably be a bigger threat in the short term than climate change. Retail is going to be the next industry to blow up. Service Industry as well. What are we going to do?

And lastly, our country is so divided. Who would unite us?

Won't even go into refugee crisis. I've heard Nigeria is the next country to have a massive refugee issue, and they're like 10x the size of Syria. Where would they go? Europe can barely handle what's coming in now.

I should relax I suppose. We have a great leader. The greatest. Great

You have been capable of some objectivity in these discussions

The whole Russian interference with the 2016 election cycle happen when T had no control over it or responsibility for protecting against it. That does rest squarely on the Obama Administration and FBI, Comey, Justice Dept, Lynch
What did they know? When did they know it? What did the do?

Why did these people fail us?? or worse yet choose not to act???

and do you think the Russians did nothing in the past? 2012??

Last edited:
(yes, you have been communicating with the band, collectively)

You have been capable of some objectivity in these discussions

The whole Russian interference with the 2016 election cycle happen when T had no control over it or responsibility for protecting against it. That does rest squarely on the Obama Administration and FBI, Comey, Justice Dept, Lynch
What did they know? When did they know it? What did the do?

Why did these people fail us?? or worse yet choose not to act???

and do you think the Russians did nothing in the past? 2012??

yes, T was an innocent victim in this whole thing. imagine how difficult it must be for him, to be stuck in a job he didn't want and isn't remotely qualified for.

I didn't catch that about BEAL's name until now, too :p. You aren't alone, Dave.

As to BEAL's post, well, this country's survived other periods where it's been deeply divided (not to say we've solved all the problems that came with those divides, mind, but we have managed to survive them and have made some progresses here and there), so I imagine we'll find a way to survive this, too. I think, or at least like to think, that the majority of the country is longing to work together.

But I share your concerns about the hacking and the automaton issues especially. I imagine there probably is somebody out there, with their eye on the presidency, who's got the answers to those problems. Who that would be, though, I don't know.

Those are issues we do need to talk about more in general, though, yes.

What would be wonderful is if we could have another Enlightenment period throughout the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom