US Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP can't possibly defend this whole thing, are they pretend like there's nothing wrong with this situation?

Well, they've literally been hiding in their offices and refusing to talk to anyone who tries to interview them. Their strategy right now seems to be, "Let's just bury our heads in the sand and ignore everything." Similar to how they keep running away from town halls.

Like I said earlier, they're cowards, plain and simple.

Pence, Flynn, Trump, Manafort, Ryan so far. Anyone I've left out? The whole GOP is going to be wiped out.

Trump will have to produce his tax returns now, subpoena perhaps. I can't see those returns being benign, if they were he'd already have released them.
Surely today's events are enough to lead to the unearthing of the tax returns which may be enough to see the end of Trump.

There's still one thing though... to date Trump himself can largely pass everything off as either someone else fucking up, or of himself being naive. There's still no rock solid evidence he's a crook.

Reports about Flynn's consulting firm being contracted by Turkey were out before or shortly after election, so that shouldn't come as news. I think what wasn't disclosed was that this had already been under investigation at that time.

But they have the perfect distraction up their sleeves:

President Trump will deliver a speech about radical Islam to leaders of Muslim countries when he is in Saudi Arabia for his first foreign trip, the White House said Tuesday.

Donald Trump Will Give a Speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia | Time.com

It's said the main speechwriter is Stephen Miller, the guy with the dead eyes who formerly worked with Michele Bachmann. Should be a pretty balanced and well-founded speech.

“There’s…there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump…[laughter]…swear to God.”
According to the transcript, speaker Paul Ryan immediately responded: “This is an off the record … [laughter] … NO LEAKS … [laughter] … alright?!”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/17/putin-pays-donald-trump-kevin-mccarthy-recording

Considering all the laughter mentioned in the transcript, it rather sounds they were joking around. That'd hardly make a compelling case, especially since it doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:
I don't really see the humor in Russia, or Putin himself personally bankrolling Donald Trump's campaign, finances, what have you to undermine our democracy.

The silver lining is that you get to be in the shoes of the people in the countries the US has inflicted this upon.

I don't know how the various state departments cooperate in an investigation like this, or who holds final authority over evidence etc. But do any of us really believe that a Republican Congress will impeach Trump, regardless of how strong the evidence turns out to be against him?

I don't know how the various state departments cooperate in an investigation like this, or who holds final authority over evidence etc. But do any of us really believe that a Republican Congress will impeach Trump, regardless of how strong the evidence turns out to be against him?

I'm sure there's enough petty politicians who are playing the Trump fiddle right now that absolutely know deep inside that he's a problem, and would seize the opportunity only if it was guaranteed.

i think the comey memo (how ironic) and the idea that he leaked classified information to the russians are turning points.

ultimately i don't believe he'll be impeached - he'll figure out a way to weasel out of it by resigning, parlay it into his own TV network and/or 8pm time slot on FoxNews, and declare it a victory... somehow.

It's the Trump Plan of Success
1. Fuck things up beyond repair
2. Make it somebody else's problem
3. ??????
4. Profit

More Trump madness incoming today?

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/865183635397386240

09f3bb6ef8768916b0940d75ce463e92.jpg

I think Headache nailed it

This will end just like a majority of Trump business ventures. He comes in, talks a big game, gets the $$$$, then leaves town before it all comes crashing down. He makes out with a profit, but will get taken to court later to settle debts.

He's going to resign, and for us we can only hope it's soon. We need to root for Ivanka and Jared to seal enough deals in China for this to happen.

Trump will then join FoxNews, or have his own network where he can spew his bullshit to his core supporters.

Flynn got against subpoena. This after talking to Trump. More obstruction from Trump?

I heard today's news is that Chaffetz is stepping down.

I look forward to hearing it around 5 PM Pacific Time to keep with the regular cadence of shit pouring down from on high.

Lieberman as FBI Director? Blarg! :|
But "better" than :yikes: Bullyani!

I thot the trump wanting Flynn back was a joke.
This is a lot of craziness, and I was around for Watergate. Was thinkng of youse guys the last 2 evenings as I couldn't get to the library for wifi on each new evening's news!
ML I'm not sure who be after Pence, then Ryan. They're both dangerous for so many groups of people! :yikes: Pence is focused enough to get a lot of that rightwing Rep, Conservative legislation through.

Oh, and thanks tj99 for John Stewart :corn:
:lol:

Going to clean my brain out with some JT tours news! :D (which I haven't even had time to look in on the tour thread since GE last night of rehearsals)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom