US Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love going to DC- The National Mall, the Museums, the reflecting pool, Lincoln Memorial. I've been there as a regular visitor oh 5 times as an as a late teen and adult, attended Clinton's first inaugural, and both of Obama's so that's another 3 special visits PLUS ?7 various protest or anniversary marches/gatherings. 15. visits all together. Ha, other than visiting my cousins in NJ... it's the city I've been to the most.

I feel he most patriotic on TNM especially when protesting to make The Bill of Rights, and The Constitution live up to all of the people.

Off topic: was in the library (wifi) before, now on subway WiFi, and some one is playing some good guitar on the 2nd platform over from mine. :up:

Last edited:
Seems the Virginia shooter has a serious history of being a domestic violence abuser. Article noted that a serious amount of mass shooters have a history of being dv abusers.
I don't know enough information to say one way or another.

If my viewing of true crime shows is anything to go by, yeah, there's some truth to that. Or, even if they don't have a history of domestic violence, they still tend to show some issues with anger beforehand at some point.

And yet somehow they're still able to get access to guns anyway, because...Second Amendment.

Hope your family's moving and settling in continues to go well, Headache.

given the drip-drip-drip of the Russia leaks, a little contempt is understandable, no? given what we now know? i mean, just a little?

given that a gay pride parade, of all things, was disrupted by some splinter left wing group called NO JUSTICE NO PRIDE this past weekend, it seems the far left isn't at all interested in compromise and working together. there may be no choice but to work on growing the ranks of the Romney-to-Clinton voters repulsed by Trump.
I would be a fool to deny Russia's actions. I think they're just being used as a catch-all excuse that forgives the Democrats for their many, many mistakes that they appear to have learned little to nothing from.

And considering how much support I saw from LGBTQ people for the protest against Lockheed Martin, I don't feel like I need to defend the actions at all. Companies cynically swooping in now to try to support LGBTQ rights on a strictly superficial level isn't exactly the point of Pride, is it?

The far left IS interested in compromise: look how it embraced a flawed candidate like Sanders, who has a shit record on foreign policy (toes the Democratic Party line far too often) and guns. It just appears that the far left is the only group that recognizes that if you don't fix economic inequality, none of the other issues get fixed. You can only do so much with laws about equality. At some point, you need to recognize that the economy is the true arbiter of justice, and if you don't fundamentally alter it, you're never going to get anything done. The Democrats aren't interested in even recognizing that.

The Democrats, unfortunately, are only interested in compromising with the right, unfortunately. Every time I see something about how the Dems need to embrace pro-life people, or bomb a nation of impoverished brown people, or embrace big business, I wonder what the hell the party even stands for.

I would be a fool to deny Russia's actions. I think they're just being used as a catch-all excuse that forgives the Democrats for their many, many mistakes that they appear to have learned little to nothing from.

This is the main thing for me. It's not that the whole Russia business needs to be completely ignored/disregarded, it's that it is merely one of many factors that need to be taken into account. Would anyone really have any confidence in the Democrats winning anything in the next few years, even with the disastrous flaming trashcan in power?

I also want to note how easily it seems for folks to descend into xenophobia re: Russian people because of this, I've seen much of this on Twitter and it genuinely frightens me.

The far left isn't interested in compromise? Is the far right or even the center right? I know most of the left would like to.

The right and Fox News has created a illness amoung its voters. It's my way or the Highway screw what's good for the country.

I also want to note how easily it seems for folks to descend into xenophobia re: Russian people because of this, I've seen much of this on Twitter and it genuinely frightens me.

I've been fortunate to not run across that yet myself (but I don't have Twitter, so that helps), but yeah, this is a good point, too. Your average Russians shouldn't be blamed for the actions of their government, no, and it's important for us to have a good relationship with the country itself in general.

As for the whole compromise thing, I'll happily work with whomever wants to cooperate, be they from the far/center left or the right. I agree that right now it should be easier for the far and center left to work together than the left and the right. It'd be nice if we could work with the GOP where possible, but so long as they stay in their Trump trance...well, yeah. That's going to make it significantly harder.

Trump just put his event planner in charge of New York's federal housing program. She has a sterling resume, including claims of a law degree she never earned.

who wants to bet that cuba sold off some primo beachfront property donnie dipshit wanted to put a hotel on to someone else?

IMG_6194.JPG

This is actually kinda funny. And it's interesting that Ann and a few others including Breitbart are actually turning slightly on Trump.

Let's see how long it will last...

Maybe that explains why that useless fuckwad Alex Jones is still getting attention. They need new crazy.

View attachment 11292

This is actually kinda funny. And it's interesting that Ann and a few others including Breitbart are actually turning slightly on Trump.

Let's see how long it will last...

This isn't the case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" at all though.

Fuck Ann Coulter, and definitely fuck Breitbart. Sorry you haven't gotten your wall, shitbags.

Sure Ann Coulter is a waste of oxygen, but I will enjoy watching the right turn on Trump when he can't deliver.

I won't. The last thing I want is those people to be unified and feel like they have bargaining chips on the political sphere. ie if Trump doesn't do it, they can elect another.

At this point, I sincerely hope Donald Trump attempts, and fails, to build a wall. Just as he's failing with 95% of the other shit he said he would do.

Sure Ann Coulter is a waste of oxygen, but I will enjoy watching the right turn on Trump when he can't deliver.

On the one hand, I will, too, but on the other hand, it'll be incredibly frustrating, because I'll just be sitting here going, "Gee, it's almost like people tried to warn you about this shit prior to the election."

And the worst part is that like LN7 notes, they're likely not even going to learn from their mistake of supporting Trump, either.

So today's London attack was actually an attack on Muslims and I already see comments on other sites that the attacker was a hero! And I'm going to bet my kidneys that trump will not even mention it because it wasn't a Muslim doing it. This is reason #10,874 of why I hate trump and his supporters with a passion!

So today's London attack was actually an attack on Muslims and I already see comments on other sites that the attacker was a hero! And I'm going to bet my kidneys that trump will not even mention it because it wasn't a Muslim doing it. This is reason #10,874 of why I hate trump and his supporters with a passion!

And here is reason #10,875. I bet Bono will be pissed about this one!

https://us.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-suffers-mass-walkout-135300928.html

They went about it wrong. They needed to tell Trump these were coal miners that had AIDS

And here is reason #10,875. I bet Bono will be pissed about this one!

https://us.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-suffers-mass-walkout-135300928.html
The Bono mention asside... it's these things that anger you the most about Trump voters. All the things that we do as a country around the world that just get lost, either because he doesn't care or is so disorganized that it just falls through the cracks. So now we just become the ugly America, but without the good things we do that made ourselves feel better about all the crappy things we do. Shit even W was a champion of AIDS releif in the 3rd world.

This is just a sad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom