US Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all going to be led out the White House in cuffs! What a day that'll be.

Honestly, don't get you hopes up. Even if clear criminal wrongdoing is discovered, you still need the house and senate to impeach him, and they're both controlled by Republicans who have thus far shown absolutely no spine when it comes to Trump.

Does Comey testify next week? You know he's got more shit on Trump. No way did he share the worst of it.

Honestly, don't get you hopes up. Even if clear criminal wrongdoing is discovered, you still need the house and senate to impeach him, and they're both controlled by Republicans who have thus far shown absolutely no spine when it comes to Trump.
If the evidence is clear and irrefutable they'll have to. Theyd kill themselves as a party if they didn't. Even just now the best thing for the GOP would be to dump Trump and try and move on, he's toxic now.

If the evidence is clear and irrefutable they'll have to. Theyd kill themselves as a party if they didn't. Even just now the best thing for the GOP would be to dump Trump and try and move on, he's toxic now.

Exactly, the best thing would be to dump him, but I don't see anybody Republicans doing that, do you?

They're afraid of losing Trump's base, who will refuse to believe any evidence against him, no matter how much of it or how well verified it may be.

Exactly, the best thing would be to dump him, but I don't see anybody Republicans doing that, do you?

They're afraid of losing Trump's base, who will refuse to believe any evidence against him, no matter how much of it or how well verified it may be.
Probably not. It seems half the GOP are tied up in Russian money etc anyway.

[TWEET]867758571882258432[/TWEET]

this fucking guy...

The civilized world see this, and sees a desperate attention seeking bully. America is an asshole.

The problem is, the Orangeletmeuntieyourrobe's see machismo. America in the front of the line.

putin-trolling-he-went-to-jared.jpg

Crooked Jared.

montana has such a small population density that a really large proportion of the population votes by mail and would have sent in their ballots well before this story broke yesterday. so a lot of the people who wouldn't have voted for him in person today after this probably regret their choice.

Perhaps or
Many were encouraged to go and vote for this guy because he stood his ground, don't think the average person finds this reporter all that sympathetic

Last edited:
montana has such a small population density that a really large proportion of the population votes by mail and would have sent in their ballots well before this story broke yesterday. so a lot of the people who wouldn't have voted for him in person today after this probably regret their choice.

While this is largely true, he's such a despicable candidate to begin with that he shouldnt ever have been a frontrunner in the first place. ... but it's the US so who the fuck knows

I remember back in 08 when I spent my semester abroad in Montana, the Governor and both Senators were Democrats. Looking at the list of Senators, Montana seemed to have mostly preferred the Democrats to represent them.

Those asking “Could it get any weirder?” after Trump’s gripping-the-orb moment in Saudi Arabia have had their answer, it is no: weird is the new normal. There’s the airport red carpet slapdown of Trump by his own wife. A man with access to a nuclear arsenal who’s ignorant that Israel is, actually, in the Middle East.

There are the diplomatic meetings delegated to a department store fashion designer. Enthusiastic, postcard-style greetings left in the guestbook of a Holocaust museum. The president accidentally confirming he exposed Israeli secrets to the Russians. The president letting his old mate Rodrigo “Rape Jokes” Duterte of the Philippines casually know the location of some nuclear submarines.

This is just Trump’s carnival abroad. America’s Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus shut its doors this week and it’s not hard to see why. What kind of circus can possibly compete with a sacked James Comey, Michael Flynn’s refusal to testify and Wednesday’s revelation that during the election Russians were feeding fake documents about Trump’s opponent Hillary Clinton to the FBI?

The measured tones, notorious caution and dignified meetings of Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, do have a legacy, but it’s only in comparative memes on the internet. Visual representations of an American president who heavily comprehends his geopolitical responsibility seem as distant from present circumstances as an architectural map of Atlantis.

Observe the difference between Pope Francis’ positive engagement with the former president and his dour reticence to even speak to the grinning successor. If any institution on earth knows about a) nepotism and b) sex scandals, it’s the Vatican, and yet photographs reveal not even the pope’s legendary capacity for forgiveness can extend to the clan of pussy-grab-enablers descending on his home in mantillas. The pope’s official gift to the climate-change-denying Trump? His papal encyclical on climate change. What deep water western civilisation is truly in when the pope – the pope – is actively trolling the president of the United States.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...his-a-cabaret-of-the-von-trump-family-on-tour

Well Republicans have elected yet another criminal. But on the other hand Paul Ryan did say he should say "he's sorry".

#fucktheconned #filltheswamp

Well Republicans have elected yet another criminal. But on the other hand Paul Ryan did say he should say "he's sorry".

#fucktheconned #filltheswamp

I honestly think this conned thing is a joke for the most part. It appears to me that some small number of his voters were conned but by and large the rest seem to be giant assholes who like that Trump is a boorish, "macho" asshole like them and voted accordingly. So not only were they NOT conned, but they got exactly what they wanted. Loud and proud.

I honestly think this conned thing is a joke for the most part. It appears to me that some small number of his voters were conned but by and large the rest seem to be giant assholes who like that Trump is a boorish, "macho" asshole like them and voted accordingly. So not only were they NOT conned, but they got exactly what they wanted. Loud and proud.

I agree. For a majority, this is a battle between real America and the pussy liberal agenda that has ruined the country (world).

If you dare go through comments, I bet 90% are attacks against something liberal, versus any defense of Trump, or even a mention of the man himself.

Just like the GOP governing is a giant FUCK YOU to the last eight years of Obama. A majority of Trump's base wants a return to the 1950s. Less diversity, women in the kitchen, and guns. Lots of fucking guns.

I agree. For a majority, this is a battle between real America and the pussy liberal agenda that has ruined the country (world).

If you dare go through comments, I bet 90% are attacks against something liberal, versus any defense of Trump, or even a mention of the man himself.

Just like the GOP governing is a giant FUCK YOU to the last eight years of Obama. A majority of Trump's base wants a return to the 1950s. Less diversity, women in the kitchen, and guns. Lots of fucking guns.
yep. these voters are the ones who catcall women, get banned from walmart for spouting racist remarks at random shoppers, shit like that. i'm not even going to go into the more heated issues like the removal of confederate monuments around the south.

those first two things, to me, are very cut and dry: you just don't fucking do them. but there's people out there who believe telling a woman they don't know she'd be prettier if she smiled or make a comment about the size of her ass or tittays. and it's perfectly fine to tell some woman that in america we speak american and she needs to go back to mexico if she wants to speak mexican because thanks to trump, he's gonna deport her and put that wall up.

ill bet my life savings on "doctors orders" being the excuse for his resignation once the investigation starts getting real hot.

It's going to take a long time for anything to come out. And even if/when it does, you'll have half the country saying it's fake news.

I have two fears:

1. Trump goes mental and decides he's going to blow shit up.
2. His followers decide it's time to fight back

Should say all of this could go down with no violence too

Seems to me the only chance the GOP has is to push for Trump's removal and ride Pence into the midterms and general. yes, Trump has a "base" that is a weird base considering many are evangelical and Trump is as far from that as possible ("Two Corinthians" said no one ever who has quoted 2nd Corinthians). But, seriously, where are they gonna go? They have voted Republican regardless, maybe not with as much heart, but vs the "evil" of the dem party, they have nowhere to go. The alternative parties do not offer the religious damnation of the evil weed and all the Cultural War things they need.

I mean, look at them supporting Trump. They are religious zealots. He is not religious. They probably all own the Red Dawn extra deluxe DVD (or VCR tape in some spots). Russia is our mortal enemy. They let that go. They just want that platform. They aren't going anywhere.

Before this election swung on a number of unlikely-to-repeat factors (Hillary's diary opened to the world, the Bernie factor and it becoming impossible for him to bring his supporters over after the DNC BS, Comey's last second announcement, and do not forget...Hillary's arrogance in not campaigning in Wisconsin, ignoring Michigan, following the polling numbers of an LDS candidate in Heartland Christian territory), the GOP was on life support. The demographics do not favor them. They have a huge fault line with the fiscal Republicans and the Religious ones (we have seen before how this hurts them...Ralph Reed killed them in the Clinton years, the Tea Party essentially allowed Obama to waltz in twice, with a full congress in 2008). They are shrinking in numbers (which is why they are so mad), the opposition is growing (and aren't all white...horror), and their party is a mess of fractures. Then a miracle punch landed, with help of all those factors.

Right now, the GOP is riding into secondary party territory. Their Trump Base is not enough to sustain. The "gooey center" that decides every election in this country is not evangelical, and not race baiting. They are losing.

Their only chance is to get the career smooth politician (and batshit crazy freak of a human being) Pence into the Oval Office. And if they don't do so before the midterms, they won't lose the Senate because the right states aren't up (unless my Arizona can somehow go against Flake, which is unlikely), but the house will have a huge switch that may not get to majority but will get close enough to get a lot of Republican representatives coming up in the coming years really sweaty nervous. And 2020 is done if they don't fix it...

For those reasons, it is in Paul Ryan's best interest to get the last laugh. But are they smart enough to know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom