US Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info Wars has apparently been granted a WH press pass.

Alex Jones claims in court it's all an act, a performance.

So isn't Info Wars LITERALLY FAKE NEWS???

*rage stroke*

wait what? wait so Paul Joseph Watson can enter the White House? it's madness someones gotta stop

So it appears the administration has handed over the Con's twitter account to a staffer. I guess they were afraid he'd incriminate himself?

Has he been taken off twitter entirely?

The twitter account has always been used by Trump himself, and staffers. There've been analyses of the different language of the tweets, use of hashtags etc.
But it can be identified eaven more easily: While Trump uses iPhones, the staffers are using Android phones (which is a huge security issue as well, as Androids are not considered safe by any means).

Has he been taken off twitter entirely?

The twitter account has always been used by Trump himself, and staffers. There've been analyses of the different language of the tweets, use of hashtags etc.

But it can be identified eaven more easily: While Trump uses iPhones, the staffers are using Android phones (which is a huge security issue as well, as Androids are not considered safe by any means).

There's no more 4th grade vocabulary, grammar issues, or attacking fake news or former FBI leaders. It is now posting clips from Fox showing his trip here and there and speaking of world peace. They definitely took away his privileges.

He is probably too exhausted from his big foreign trip. Wait until he returns.

These leaks about the Manchester attack are truly odd. It's said they are coming from intelligence sources. Yet, as far as I am aware these are not filled with new people who have no clue of what they're doing. So they should know better than giving sensitive information to the media.

What Trump doesn't get about the position of the US Administration abroad: His words have consequences:

The timing of the raid was striking, coming two days after President Trump publicly assured the king of Bahrain that their relationship would be free of the kind of “strain” that had occurred in the past — an apparent reference to the Obama administration’s periodic chiding of Bahrain over its human rights violations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.8257bfc9408c

In 2011, citizens in Bahrain, especially the disadvantaged Shia population, felt confident in protesting against the Monarchy and demand greater freedoms an economic equality. It needed the help of the Saudis to quell the protests. Many protestors disappeared for months, and when wounded protestors went to nearby hospitals, not only them, but also the doctors who provided treatment got imprisoned.
Protestors as well as the doctors were tortured for months, physically and psychologically. Some are yet to be released.

The actions were so severe that the King felt compelled to install an independent investigation. However, the team was given only a short time, and its conclusions didn't result in anything meaningful.

When Trump is basically saying, "Do as you please.", it is very much possible that this is just what was needed to go against political opponents unrestrained. After all, the EU has shown that it can't be arsed to comment much on how autocracies are treating human rights, but they are still gauging the US' responses to their actions.

Meanwhile, Montana's Republican candidate Greg Gianforte is demonstrating his perceptions of freedom of the press:

The Republican candidate for Montana’s congressional seat has been charged with misdemeanor assault after he is alleged to have slammed a Guardian reporter to the floor on the eve of the state’s special election, breaking his glasses and shouting, “Get the hell out of here.”
[...]
Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna, field producer Faith Mangan and photographer Keith Railey witnessed the incident at Gianforte’s campaign headquarters in Montana, according to an account published by foxnews.com. After Jacobs asked Gianforte his question, Acuna wrote: “Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.

“Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’ ... To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff’s deputies.
[...]
Last month, the Missoulian newspaper took Gianforte to task for his attitude toward the press. At an event hosted by the Advancing Conservatism Society, an audience member reportedly said: “Our biggest enemy is the news media. How can we rein in the news media?”

Gianforte responded by pointing at a reporter and saying, “We have someone right here. It seems like there is more of us than there is of him.” The Republican later told the Billings Gazette that his comments were a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

Last edited:
“To fully and completely identify all patronage at our Properties by customer type is impractical in the service industry and putting forth a policy that requires all guests to identify themselves would impede upon personal privacy and diminish the guest experience of our brand,” the Trump Organization wrote in its policy pamphlet, which the company’s chief compliance officer said had been distributed to general managers and senior officials at all of its properties.

And an out for Trump presents itself...

it gets worse every day.

A secret document that officials say played a key role in then-FBI Director James B. Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation has long been viewed within the FBI as unreliable and possibly a fake, according to people familiar with its contents.

In the midst of the 2016 presidential primary season, the FBI received what was described as a Russian intelligence document claiming a tacit understanding between the Clinton campaign and the Justice Department over the inquiry into whether she intentionally revealed classified information through her use of a private email server.

The Russian document cited a supposed email describing how then-Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch had privately assured someone in the Clinton campaign that the email investigation would not push too deeply into the matter. If true, the revelation of such an understanding would have undermined the integrity of the FBI’s investigation.

Current and former officials have said that Comey relied on the document in making his July decision to announce on his own, without Justice Department involvement, that the investigation was over. That public announcement — in which he criticized Clinton and made extensive comments about the evidence — set in motion a chain of other FBI moves that Democrats now say helped Trump win the presidential election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m_term=.585317b03e67&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

I hope history judges Paul Ryan accordingly. Guy had a chance to stand up to Trump, folded.

His version of healthcare is disgusting. And he still defends it by blaming Obamacare as unsustainable. Which it may or may not be, but if it is, it's due to GOP tanking it.

it gets worse every day.

Just read that. For anyone who wishes to gain a deeper understanding of Russian intelligence tactics with regards to phishing and publishing (tempered) information:

This report describes an extensive Russia-linked phishing and disinformation campaign. It provides evidence of how documents stolen from a prominent journalist and critic of Russia was tampered with and then “leaked” to achieve specific propaganda aims. We name this technique “tainted leaks.” The report illustrates how the twin strategies of phishing and tainted leaks are sometimes used in combination to infiltrate civil society targets, and to seed mistrust and disinformation. It also illustrates how domestic considerations, specifically concerns about regime security, can motivate espionage operations, particularly those targeting civil society.

https://citizenlab.org/2017/05/tainted-leaks-disinformation-phish/

So much of what is happening now is going to get crushed by the documenters of history. History will not look kindly on this once we become more mature in the social media era and learn how to co-exist with immediacy (all new technologies trigger/bolster the fringe elements who embrace early, but eventually, we all become mature users). Eventually, people will seek truth and history will have proven that there is value to a "mainstream media" with checks and balances and pressures to perform with journalistic ethics. One of the great scams of the social media/immediacy era was that just anyone with a blog could provide better/less compromised information. When your fact check rates are 50%, you aren't real media, and yes, there is a need for "real" or mainstream media.

So when we get out of the fog of the neophyte era of social media and reject the echo chambers, the stories will come out, and this era of our nation will be as black a mark as any (Teapot Dome/Watergate/2nd Iraq War/Oli North Iran/Contra, etc).

if we make it...

Last edited:
Yes, definitely.

Are you willing to admit that Communism has killed, too, Vlad?

crony capitalism and even more so laizie faire capitalism is a serious killer.

But that's not the kind of capitalism i believe in. putting aside the fact that FDR turned out to be seemingly way more racist than I had thought in federal housing policy (bad stuff New Book on it - "the Color of Law" which i will borrow from the library when it's gotten)--

he proposed ( i got it wrong-o the last tie I mentioned it) The Second Economic Bill of Righhts (remember his Four Freedoms) which if it was anythig like his cousin's Theodore Roosevelt program woud have guaranteed for everyone pracally or veryone.

Are you willing to admit that Communism has killed, too, Vlad?

crony capitalism and even more so laizie faire capitalism is a serious killer.

But that's not the kind of capitalism i believe in. putting aside the fact that FDR turned out to be seemingly way more racist than I had thought in federal housing policy (bad stuff New Book on it - "the Color of Law" which i will borrow from the library when it's gotten)--

he proposed ( i got it wrong-o the last tie I mentioned it) The Second Economic Bill of Righhts (remember his Four Freedoms) which if it was anythig like his cousin's Theodore Roosevelt program woud have guaranteed for everyone pracally or veryone.
I have no idea what point this post is trying to make, but you're surprised that the man who oversaw Japanese American internment camps was racist?

So much of what is happening now is going to get crushed by the documenters of history. History will not look kindly on this once we become more mature in the social media era and learn how to co-exist with immediacy (all new technologies trigger/bolster the fringe elements who embrace early, but eventually, we all become mature users). Eventually, people will seek truth and history will have proven that there is value to a "mainstream media" with checks and balances and pressures to perform with journalistic ethics. One of the great scams of the social media/immediacy era was that just anyone with a blog could provide better/less compromised information. When your fact check rates are 50%, you aren't real media, and yes, there is a need for "real" or mainstream media.

So when we get out of the fog of the neophyte era of social media and reject the echo chambers, the stories will come out, and this era of our nation will be as black a mark as any (Teapot Dome/Watergate/2nd Iraq War/Oli North Iran/Contra, etc).

if we make it...

I was going to respond "provided civilization still exists" until I got to the last sentence. :D

putin-trolling-he-went-to-jared.jpg

They're all going to be led out the White House in cuffs! What a day that'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom