US Muslim Council Issues Fatwa Against Terrorism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
financeguy, you had a vacation from this forum before, do you want another one?

No personal attacks. There are other ways to express your opinion.

pax said:
Times like this make me wish I was still a mod in here. :|

Ditto.

On another note, I'd really like to see this blue colour font gone from here. Not related at all to the thread, or the issues arising, but still.
:huh:

deep said:
This is very disturbing!

This can take away a major talking point from bigots.
The Islamaphobes love to go on about Islam not condemning terror.
Well, we can still hate them because they have not bowed down to the cross.[/COLOR]

Why so deep can't make comments like this hidden?

I think if you do not have the balls to say in public what I an other "islamophobes" (or whatever the really cool term is that you all have been using in here to lable conservative Christians) you should not post it, so I agree with Angela.

My initial reaction to the article posted was wow, this is great, I have not seen much like it. I was happy to see it, not sad.

I guess I will have to give up being such a "bigot".

E pluribus unum

Not in the literal reason for its adoption but the immigration/melting pot meaning that remains relevent. The Islamic community in the US is a lot less problematic and a lot more integrated into society than those in Europe ~ combination of factors such as the communities size, the economic situations, national identity etc.

I think that elsewhere in the world unequivacle condemnation of these terrorists is rising because of their campaign to wrest control over Muslims with violence; the vast majority of the worlds Muslims are the ones with the most to loose at the hands of these monsters, the illusion that they are brave fighters against the Jews and Crusaders is broken down by their murderous rampages against innocent Muslims.

There are still a few issues with CAIR and connections to terrorist organisations and sponsering of talks with Bill Baker (founder of "Christians and Muslims for Peace" and also a neo-Nazi).

Last edited:
Sicy said:
financeguy, you had a vacation from this forum before

That is not entirely correct, I was warned by a moderator on a previous occasion but not actually banned from FYM.

Nevertheless I hereby apologise to NBCrusader as I realise my comments earlier in the thread were completely uncalled for.

financeguy said:

Nevertheless I hereby apologise to NBCrusader as I realise my comments earlier in the thread were completely uncalled for.

It surprised the crap out of me, to tell you the truth.

I've never seen you respond in such a fashion.

Even if the Fatwa did mean a call for violence, what's wrong with calling for violence against terrorists? Don't we want to kill the terrorists before they can kill us?

80sU2isBest said:
Even if the Fatwa did mean a call for violence, what's wrong with calling for violence against terrorists? Don't we want to kill the terrorists before they can kill us?

oh, come on, say that to yourself outloud a few more times and then tell me you really believe it. That mentality would get us nowhere.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

oh, come on, say that to yourself outloud a few more times and then tell me you really believe it. That mentality would get us nowhere.

Terrorists aren't some nice group of people on a Sunday Picnic. They spend their time planning ways to murder people. If I had to kill a terrorist to keep him from killing an innocent person, you bet I would.

Believe it or not, I think I can now concede the point. A fatwa/call to violence against terrorists might lead to situations in which people beat up on and kill people that they just suspect of being terrorists. That's vigilantism.

80sU2isBest said:

Believe it or not, I think I can now concede the point. A fatwa/call to violence against terrorists might lead to situations in which people beat up on and kill people that they just suspect of being terrorists. That's vigilantism.

Thank you b/c my next response would've been, "where do you draw the line?" There's a LOT wrong with using any kind of violence to deal with any kind of violence. It reminds me of the saying two wrongs don't make a right.

Thank you b/c my next response would've been, "where do you draw the line?" There's a LOT wrong with using any kind of violence to deal with any kind of violence. It reminds me of the saying two wrongs don't make a right.

It's often necessary.

examples......

WW2...would reasoning with Hitler have caused him to give up his Aryan march of death?

Afghanistan .. woudl the Taliban have given up their mistreatment fo women without being forced to?

What about in personal situations? If your spouse was being attacked, wouldn't you kill the attacker to save your spouse?

On a side note, I always chuckled at the use of the word "Aryan." The only true "Aryans" are "Iranians." "Iran" actually means "Land of the Aryans." In ancient times, the land was called "Aryanam."

Melon

melon said:
On a side note, I always chuckled at the use of the word "Aryan." The only true "Aryans" are "Iranians." "Iran" actually means "Land of the Aryans." In ancient times, the land was called "Aryanam."

Melon
I never knew that. I'll bet Hitler didn't either...ha ha.

Melon, how can one head hold that many facts? How many years did you spend in school?

80sU2isBest said:

I never knew that. I'll bet Hitler didn't either...ha ha.

How could he have missed that? I've also wondered where that term, in the Hitler sense, came from. We learned about the true Aryans in our intro history course.

80sU2isBest said:
Melon, how can one head hold that many facts? How many years did you spend in school?

Reminds me of an extract from a poem by Oliver Goldsmith about a village schoolmaster , something along the lines 'that one small head could carry all he knew.'

Actually Melon would probably be able to spout the quote, verbatim. :wink:

financeguy said:

Reminds me of an extract from a poem by Oliver Goldsmith about a village schoolmaster , something along the lines 'that one small head could carry all he knew.'

Actually Melon would probably be able to spout the quote, verbatim. :wink:

Probably so!

Back
Top Bottom