US Healthcare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
mad.gif

Ug, so being the traditional me, I was walking and I jammed my pinky toe into a corner and broke it so bad I had to get it reset.
Now, 7 weeks later, it STILL hurts like a mofo and I can't wear shoes (which is no good being that I live in Minnesota and it's only 21 here!). This comes 2 years after I broke my ankle and they told me, of course after I had waited in the waiting room for an hour, that it was not broken. A week later I was called back in and WHAM! "We're sorry, we didn't see the break before..." WTF!!!! It was 3 inches LONG!!!!!!! HOW CAN A DOCTOR "MISS" THAT!!!!!!????? AHHHHH!!!!! *mumble mumble swear swear mumble...*

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Oh God...Do Not even get me started on US healthcare!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Oh God...Do Not even get me started on US healthcare!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

don't even get me started...

------------------
against smileys

All I need to say is....

A couple of years ago, I sat in the EMERGENCY room (for emergencies right?) for 5 hours while my ear drum was rupturing!

Mind you, I was laying on the floor groaning in pain, crying for 5 hours. And I wasn't an emergency!

Feckin healthcare!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Then why are patients flown in from all around the world for "state-of-the-art" healthcare at University of Alabama Medical Center in Birmingham?

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Then why are patients flown in from all around the world for "state-of-the-art" healthcare at University of Alabama Medical Center in Birmingham?

Because they can pay for it and therefore, not wait after a doctor who just helped tens of other people (who wouldn't be able to pay)

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org

?Je" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org

?Je</A> suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

The U.S. does have quality healthcare, but only for those who can afford it. I think that there should be some way to force everyone to have healthcare, even if it means forcing all businesses to provide health insurance for even part-time workers and the government picking up the tab for the unemployed and those unable to work.

The fact that tens of millions of children are without health care, the fact that tens of millions more adults are without health care, and the fact that the medical industry purposely gouges the prices of American medical care to make up for the fact that most other nations regulate the prices of health care is sick. The fact that most just shut up and take it and even defend this is even sicker.

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Back
Top Bottom