US economy to sink, then rise from the ashes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
financeguy said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ma...007/11/12/ccview112.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

"Every 20 years or so, the punditocracy consigns America to the economic dustbin. Remember the chorus in the late 1980s telling us that Germany and Japan had mastered the art of wealth creation? The chatter peaked just as the 1988-1992 US export boom began to take off - after a dollar crash, of course."

Things are much different from the 80s.

The dollar will only get weaker.

OPEC is moving from dollars to a "basket" of currencies.

These are surely the last days of the American Empire.

The Neo-Cons Project for the New American Century

was just their wet dream on paper

it was never really doable.

This group may still be able to plunder the pockets of the American working class for a few more years before a complete collapse.

if I (or anyone) was really completely sure how the economy worked I wouldn't be posting about it online
I'd be making a couple gazillion euro's (wouldn't want dollars at this moment in time :D) on the financial market and buy a boat in Cannes!

since economy does tend to go up and down I wouldn't be surprised if America was heading for quite a dip though

I would love to have the solution. Then I could start planning my next trip to Oslo in next year. ;)

It's a bit strange to sit in a room full of economics professors and all say, "Well, we don't know what's going to happen, or how it will turn out."

Back
Top Bottom