US boosts Pakistan military ties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there would be plenty of Communist who would protest the evil capitialist. At least as many as there are radicals in Pakistan.

Last edited:
STING2 said:
I think there would be plenty of Communist who would protest the evil capitialist. At least as many as there are radicals in Pakistan.

Dude, it's apples and oranges. If you wanna belive it's the same thing, have fun. I agree w/ you we need the support of countries like Pakistan.

STING2 said:
Do you think it was wrong to support the Soviet Union in World War II?
No, but i still don`t know why you try to make a connection between WWII and Pakistan. Hitler was a danger to the world so we had to fight him ( 20 million Russians died for it ) and Pakistan could be a danger for the world and we support him with millitary aid,....

Next time we will try to make a connection between South/Middle America and Pakistan. I wonder how many people are killed there, with weapons coming from the USA.

Rono said:
No, but i still don`t know why you try to make a connection between WWII and Pakistan. Hitler was a danger to the world so we had to fight him ( 20 million Russians died for it ) and Pakistan could be a danger for the world and we support him with millitary aid,....

Next time we will try to make a connection between South/Middle America and Pakistan. I wonder how many people are killed there, with weapons coming from the USA.

You don't think Stalins Soviet Union posed a danger to the world as well?

awwwww man, i wish i wasn't so tired right now, cuz i'd write a book to u guys explaining Pakistan's importance, history and present......
first of all, Pakistan is the key state that can be used as an instrument to tie to different worlds together (West and East)..... they have in the past, and they are continuing to do so... Pakistan has been the reason for many of the State's success in international relations... one can also argue vice.

Pakistan is a newly independent country thats trying to become a democracy.....U guys, it was est. in 1947... tell me, was the US a true democracy within that span of time, (has the us even reached a democracy presently?)...
However, for those who are unfamiliar with Pakistan's economy and structure... it is trying to get rid of the high poverty (poverty: which is dettering any chance of democracy)...... Though pakistan is currently an instable state, (i'm trying to figure out which country isn't)... it is developing... and at the same time it is diverting it's attention to help the United States.... among the many other issues (Kashmir, building relations with India, education, poverty, water, etc. etc.).

With such events as the recent battle in trying to track Bin Laden's right hand man, Pakistan was there on the other side of the States...... if one studies Pakistan military, they will notice that they are not highly equipped (in terms of protection)... Yet, they are willing to fight with the US, who are very well equipped...... Now tell me, shouldn't it be a given that the states help fund pakistan, if Pakistan is going to be helping them in return.? remember, Pakistani's hold the highest number in being members of UN Peacekeeping troops...
Currently, Pakistan has been involved with constructing diaolgue and restrictions on its nuclear production... though i have always been against nuclear war crap... Pakistan has been doing its best to set dialogue with India in agreeing for a way to build laws against the use of such weapons...... the news leak of its production was through a scientist who was offered a lot of money from other states, and had only given limited amount of info out... yet, pakistan delt with him in a firm manner... and showed embarassment for what had happend... I'm sure Pakistan had learned a lesson from that....
Pakistan has also been leading the SAARC summit, which is unifiying South Asian states on an economic, political, and social basis... there unfication will be a detterent against terrorism.... through promotion of education, Free trade among states, democracy, etc. etc.... though i have my disagreements with some of the methods...... pakistan has been showing maturity in its handling with terrorism, given the current situation.

Musharaff hasn't been assasinated, and I pray that he doesn't get assasinated.... However, it is only a given that a man with such a presence have opposition.. Look at JFK...

Pakistan has recently set peaceful ties with India... as a result, one notices the integration of their media sources.... India has participated in the SAARC summit, led by Pakistan.... India vs. Pakistan in the Cricket match went succesfully..... Pakistan showed great respect to the Indians visiting pakistan... even when they lossed the match....... now for those who don't know anything abt cricket in Pakistan.... it is verrrrrrrrrrry political, it is what helps represent Pakistan as a nation...... and yet, when Pakistan lost, they shook the hands of their Indian peers.......
Now imagine, through a westerners eyes, they would def. think that this cricket match would be the target of terrorists.....however, it was not targeted.... everything went smoothly...
Take it from a Pakistani, who is spending time and working in Pakistan...... It is a growing state, that has so much potential... it only needs some financial and moral support....

BTw, IT'S ALSO A KICK ASS PLACE TO HAVE FUN!!!

Believe me, its not a nation of "terrorists"...... though it has a problem (trying to think of a state that doesn't have a problem) For the most part, it isa nation of a dream to become more peaceful and is at the verge of it... in certain consintrated areas (heavily poor areas) there is alot of corruption.... but people are trying to work against it........ what we need is moral support in our struggle....

We have already got a whole lot of non profit organizations w/i pakistan trying to rebuild the infrastructure of Pakistan.....
i'm soooooooo tired, i hope some of this makes sense...

anyways, i'll get back to this thread when i'm awake...
good night

Amna, thanks for the first-hand view of Pakistan. All the stuff I've read about Pakistan has been written by non-Pakistanis, mostly people who are academics and are writing about the problems in the border country with Afghanistan. I understand that's not all there is to the whole country. Are there any books about Pakistan that you'd recommend? I'd like to learn more about the place.:hug:

heyyyy Verte.. long time no talk, ey???? Anyways, i'm away from home.. but when I go home, I'll recommend some books for you to read....

Believe me, there's a whole lot more to Pakistan then what is presented here in the States.....

anyways, i'll get back to you later...

Btw, I just read what i wrote at 3am, and i'm laughing at all the spelling and grammer errors.......

People, read up on dawn.com... it's the Pakistani national newspaper... u can access it online.

hope it helps, as it has helped me.
peace out.

pakistan is a third world country with nuclear weapons....that sounds a bit dangerous to any one who would hear this but in reality..pakistan has always lived in the shadow of its neighbour INDIA , that is the sole pupose it wants miltary technology even though both the countries have ppl dying on the streets, and besides if iindia can close armsdeals with israel, russia...and conduct war exercises with the chinese...we pakis ofcourse feel unsafe, and bytheway the money was for uses of pak's military bases and a lot of damgae done to our country...uppl wouldnt know u have to be in pkaistan to know hat exactl is happening here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom