US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Dancing With The Stars and Boston Legal :shifty:

Washington Post

UFOs and Alien Life

In the weird last minutes of the debate (the period, by the way, when The Fix made it onto the basketball court in high school) Rep. Dennis Kucinich (Ohio) gave us a highlight.

Asked about the statement by actress Shirley MacLaine that Kucinich had seen a UFO at her house, Kucinich said that he had. He quickly sought to clarify -- an "unidentified flying object" he said holding up his hand -- but man oh man.

The big news tonight: DENNIS KUCINICH HAS SEEN A UFO.

Obama did not take the bait when asked whether he thought there is life on other planets. "I believe there is life here on Earth," he said, turning his answer into a domestic policy statement.

Kucinich might have the last laugh.

For all we know he's an alien leader sent to rule human life on earth...and once he gets into a position of power an entire army of aliens will come and conquer us!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Or maybe he's just a strange little man :shrug:

2861U2 said:
Funny how it's Kucinich who questions Bush's mental health.

:coocoo:

Kucinich talking about his own personal experience is far less alarming than Bush trying to use the same scare tactics as before by threatening WW3.

Kucinich Questions Bush's Mental Health

17 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich questioned President Bush's mental health in light of comments he made about a nuclear Iran precipitating World War III.

"I seriously believe we have to start asking questions about his mental health," Kucinich, an Ohio congressman, said in an interview with The Philadelphia Inquirer's editorial board on Tuesday. "There's something wrong. He does not seem to understand his words have real impact."

Kucinich, known for his liberal views, trails far behind the leading candidates in most Democratic polls. He was in Philadelphia for a debate at Drexel University.

Bush made the remarks at a news conference earlier this month.

He said: "I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them (Iran) from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon."

Kucinich said he doesn't believe his comments about the president's mental health are irresponsible, according to a story posted on the newspaper's Web site.

"You cannot be a president of the United States who's wanton in his expression of violence," Kucinich said. "There's a lot of people who need care. He might be one of them. If there isn't something wrong with him, then there's something wrong with us. This, to me, is a very serious question."

In response, Republican National Committee spokesman Dan Ronayne said it was hard to take Kucinich seriously.

Kucinich isn't harming anybody with his own UFO sightings. Bush seems to enjoy the idea of sending off our friends and families into harmful situations.

Last edited:
2861U2 said:
Funny how it's Kucinich who questions Bush's mental health.

:coocoo:

Give me a break.

One man got quoted in a book that really is of no interest to anyone.

The other has arguably sent thousands upon thousands to their deaths for little to no reason, and is predicting World War III.

I don't know about World War III, but some kind of nuclear war isn't that far fetched. There's still immense hatred between Iran, Isreal, Arabs, and other countries in the region and it will continue to grow, and this administration hasn't done a damn thing about it with their 'either you conform to our standards first or we'll either barely acknowledge your existence or we'll satanize you in our media' mindset. They don't understand that that mindset just fuels the hatred in that region of the world. And there are nuclear weapons in this region.

So, if the next administration continues with that mindset - which it won't if a democrat is elected - things could get very, very bad in that region.

namkcuR said:
I don't know about World War III, but some kind of nuclear war isn't that far fetched. There's still immense hatred between Iran, Isreal, Arabs, and other countries in the region and it will continue to grow, and this administration hasn't done a damn thing about it with their 'either you conform to our standards first or we'll either barely acknowledge your existence or we'll satanize you in our media' mindset. They don't understand that that mindset just fuels the hatred in that region of the world. And there are nuclear weapons in this region.

So, if the next administration continues with that mindset - which it won't if a democrat is elected - things could get very, very bad in that region.

It definitely could happen, which is a scary thought. I also agree with everything else you said. We all know Bush orgasms for the violent deaths of those who disagree with him.:(

Okay but here's the thing. The current admin is all up Iran's ass about nukes, but hardly says shit about Israel's nukes. And OMFG what about the thousands we have packed away for a rainy day? If the current admin wants others to agree to their demands, they should consider following their own.

namkcuR said:

Unless that Democrat is Hillary Clinton, who still supports this war and voted for the Lieberman amendment. :down:

unico said:
Okay but here's the thing. The current admin is all up Iran's ass about nukes, but hardly says shit about Israel's nukes. And OMFG what about the thousands we have packed away for a rainy day? If the current admin wants others to agree to their demands, they should consider following their own.

But the leaders of Israel aren't leading rallies with the masses chanting:

"Death To Iran
Death To Iran
Death To Iran "

Let us know when they are and get back to us.

dbs

diamond said:

"Death To Iran
Death To Iran
Death To Iran "

dbs

We weren't chanting a thing yet sent a pre-emptive attack on someone who wasn't a threat...

diamond said:

"Death To Iran
Death To Iran
Death To Iran "

dbs

Yes, because after all, if we're going to go to war with someone, chanting is surely the reason to do so.

namkcuR said:
I don't know about World War III, but some kind of nuclear war isn't that far fetched. There's still immense hatred between Iran, Isreal, Arabs, and other countries in the region and it will continue to grow,

They are all fucked in the head and frankly grating on my last nerve. My old boss (an Israeli Jew, btw) felt that the Middle East should be given 2 weeks notice to evacuate, at which point we nuke the region into oblivion so it's uninhabitable for the next 10,000 years. Of course, then they'd just pick up and go fight elsewhere. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom