US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2861U2 said:

CEO of Bain & Company (and founded Bain Capital)
CEO of 02 Winter Olympics
Governor of Massachusetts

Rudy had it right when he said Hillary has never run a city, never run a state, never run a business, never met a payroll.

Please, show me Mrs. Clinton's.

Your original question:

And I'm not talking about issues or specific beliefs. I'm solely talking about experience and qualification to be commander-in-chief.

So being a CEO, qualifies you for commander-in-chief? Well hell then let's hire Donald Trump. And if this is all you are looking for why did your party go with Bush? Every company he touched turned to rust.

Take a look at Irvine511's post.

And by the way, he wasn't the founder of Bain, he was a co-founder of a spin off company Bain Capital, later returned to the original Bain.

2861U2 said:

Please, show me Mrs. Clinton's.

her what? cock?

because that's all Mr. Giuliani seems to want this election to be run on. who can pretend like he's got the biggest and longest and who can swing it most menacingly in the face of a Mulsim or illegal immigrant or secular humanist.

these resumes are largely in the eye of the beholder. what you might consider a good notch on the belt i might consider to be a disqualifier. Rudy is an excellent example. you have to be a gigantic dickswinging asshole to govern new york city. the presidency is not the same.

the smarmy, oleaginous qualities that make one successful in the business world -- where you've got to deliver for your client, as they do in consulting -- are precisely the wrong qualities i'd want in a president.

if you want to go by resumes, then the most qualified candidate is Bill Richardson. but i'm not voting for him, and i don't think you are either.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So being a CEO, qualifies you for commander-in-chief? Well hell then let's hire Donald Trump.

Irvine511 said:

she's also a best selling author and Grammy winner.

Or we could elect Mariah Caray.

Personally, I put some value in someone being a CEO. Says to me that they are somewhat trustworthy, smart, decisive, and able to make things successful.

2861U2 said:

Or we could elect Mariah Caray.

seriously, do you know how hard it is for me not to write, "fuck off"? because, honestly, i take the time to list a resume for you, and THIS is what you pull out? you whine about no one answering your question, then someone takes the time to do so, and THIS is how you respond?

Personally, I put some value in someone being a CEO. Says to me that they are somewhat trustworthy, smart, decisive, and able to make things successful.

how many CEOs do you know?

Irvine511 said:

seriously, do you know how hard it is for me not to write, "fuck off"? because, honestly, i take the time to list a resume for you, and THIS is what you pull out? you whine about no one answering your question, then someone takes the time to do so, and THIS is how you respond?

Okay, okay, you're right. I apologize. I appreciate the information. My remark was more of a reply to BVS, not you.

I find it very interesting that conservatives would even bring up "experience" they've chosen the least experienced canidate the last several elections.

Reagan wasn't the most experienced. George Bush(OK, but he was a given being the VP). Dole, come on. And or course George W...

The Globe also endorsed Senator Obama

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The Boston Herald endorsed Republican John McCain Thursday, praising the Arizona senator for his "brand of courage that is rare in the public arena these days."

The endorsement comes five days after McCain received the backing of Boston's other major newspaper, the Globe. Both papers reach a sizeable number of voters in neighboring New Hampshire.

"There are times in this nation’s history so perilous that they cry out for a steady, experienced leader, a person so trusted that we would put the fate of this country in his hands," the Herald's editorial staff wrote. "This is one of those times, and Sen. John McCain is that person."

"In an age when too many candidates are driven by polls and focus groups, fashioning and re-fashioning their ‘core’ beliefs, McCain is a man of unwavering conviction and integrity," they added. "His values, his beliefs, his goals are what they were when he first entered public life, what they were in 2000 and what they will be a decade from now."

The editorial also states the paper is breaking a "decades-old tradition" by not endorsing both a Republican and a Democratic candidate this election cycle. That decision came, wrote the editorial staff, because they agreed with Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman when he said "no one should let party lines be a barrier to choosing the person we believe is best qualified to lead our nation forward." Lieberman’s remarks came earlier this week, when he announced his own support for McCain’s candidacy.

The endorsement comes the same day an American Research Group poll out of New Hampshire shows McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney tied at 26 percent among Republican voters.

He has no shame about being severely judgemental either.

Probably something against that somewhere in the Book Of Joe Smith (The Ozark Chronicles)

I like diamond, honestly.

He at least seems principled, which is #3 on Jesus' most important trait list.

Unfortunately, #2 is consistency.

Although he rebounds with Jesus' #1, honesty.

He'd probably be the first to admit he's a hypocrite.

Jesus passed these on to his American dog. He was a mutt, much debate but most historians agree the dog was part schnauzer. Because he hated Jews for some odd reason.
he realyed the message in Liberal, Kansas 1954.

This is all contained in books written by the prophet Steve Johnson.

Yeah, Bush had only being governor of Texas as his experience. No foreign policy background at all. And yes, he screwed up every company he touched. His family bailed him out.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Why do you continue to shine light on the fact that you are sexist?

I guess he thinks it's amusing, or he'll get attention from it. I don't know, don't care either. Any kicking in the balls certain men will feel if Hillary is elected is nothing compared to what Bush has done to this country. All balls, no brain or heart or soul. Intelligent evolved men don't think with their balls.

ABC's Sunlen Miller Reports: Barack Obama has often said he'd consider putting Republicans in his cabinet and even bandied about names like Sens. Dick Lugar and Chuck Hagel. He's a added a new name to the list of possible Republicans cabinet members - Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Obama regularly says he would look to Republicans to fill out his cabinet if he was elected, but at a town hall event in Manchester, N.H., he was pushed to name names.

“It’s premature for me to start announcing my cabinet. I mean, I’m pretty confident. but I’m not all that confident. We still got a long way to go,” Obama said.

But then the GOP names started to flow.

Sen. Dick Lugar: “He’s a Republicans who I worked with on issues of arms control, wonderful guy. He is somebody I think embodies the tradition of a bipartisan foreign policy that is sensible, that is not ideological, that is based on the idea that we have to have some humility and restraint in terms of our ability to project power around the world,” Obama said about his Senate colleague.

Sen. Chuck Hagel: “A Vietnam vet, similar approach and somebody I respect in a similar fashion,” Obama added.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger: “What (he’s) doing on climate change in California is very important and significant. There are things I don't agree with him on, but he's taken leadership on a very difficult issue and we haven't seen that kind of leadership in Washington," Obama said of the California governor.

One Republican that likely Obama won’t consider? Mitt Romney.

In answering a question on immigration, Obama said it would be impossible to lock all the illegal immigrants up, even if he wanted to.

“We'd clear out some of the prisons to make room for somebody who's a housekeeper at Mitt Romney's house,” he joked. “(He’s) an example of somebody who, 'Oh, we gotta be real tough. But my lawn, you know, is important.' "

MrsSpringsteen said:

ABC's Sunlen Miller Reports: Barack Obama has often said he'd consider putting Republicans in his cabinet and even bandied about names like Sens. Dick Lugar and Chuck Hagel. He's a added a new name to the list of possible Republicans cabinet members - Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This is just silly

it may sway a few independents

who don't realize these people are what GOPers call RINOs

Those three could not get elected in GOP primary

Arnold is only in office because if a recall

Next we will have a GOP candidate say he is open to working with Lieberman.

deep said:

Next we will have a GOP candidate say he is open to working with Lieberman.

Right. I was just thinking that.

Lugar and Hagel are probably not toward the top of most Republicans' "Favorite Republicans" lists. Certainly not mine, anyways. Both of them happen to be anti-Iraq War, and that is far from what I would call reaching across the aisle.

Well, why would any anti-Iraq war person want to have a cabinet member who's for the war?

He's not looking for a cabinet with views completely opposite him. That would just be stupid.

I may not choose people who oppose my viewpoint for my cabinet. But I would damn well choose many advisors who did not share my point of view. While it might be nice to have a bunch of people telling me "Great idea, boss," I'd want some who would tell me, "With all due respect, Madame President, you're a stupid fuck and here's why." I want all the options presented to me.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, why would any anti-Iraq war person want to have a cabinet member who's for the war?

He's not looking for a cabinet with views completely opposite him. That would just be stupid.

John F. Kennedy did not surround himself with yes men.
Clinton did not surround himself with yes men.

Bush has....what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom