US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2isthebest said:
Letters I could understand getting mixed up. The picture, not so much.

At least they didn't show Osama in a swimsuit

Hey maybe if Obama becomes President and we finally get Bin Laden they can meet each other and tell each other how they were mistaken for each other so often and laugh about it

:wink:

MSNBC.com says '3AM' in the Hawaii primary section.

But Washington State has one too and they should be wrapping up right about now(11PM).

I LIVE in Washington and I'm confused by it all.

I voted, but my vote didn't count towards the primary, and if you didn't declare your party on the ballot your vote doesn't count (loads of people put nasty notes in that spot, or left it blank out of confusion or out of protest), but you don't have to vote that party in later elections.

It's all really confusing. I don't remember anything being this confusing in the 2004 election season.

a comment on the 'plagerism' charge- how can Obama be blamed? No politician writes their own speech! :shrug:

Butterscotch said:
a comment on the 'plagerism' charge- how can Obama be blamed? No politician writes their own speech! :shrug:

Actually, I heard on the news a few days ago that Obama in fact does write many of his speeches.

Random question:

Why do the Democrats require so many more delegates to clinch the nomination than the Republicans?

The Washington primary doesn't count for Democrats -- all the delegates were awarded from the caucus Feb. 9th (which Obama won, yay!). So Democrats voting in today's primary were essentially voting in a beauty contest.

For Republicans, half of the delegates were awarded from the Feb. 9th caucus, and half from today's primary.

There's a lot of sentiment to get rid of the caucuses, but the parties are stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom