US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually only 31

Contain your jealousy ladies

s-RUSH-LIMBAUGH-KATHRYN-ROGERS-large.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
But Mitt can devote all his time now to your bromance diamond

I just signed up w Team Mitt last night:

Dear David,
Welcome to Team Mitt, the national grassroots network that will help elect Governor Mitt Romney the next President of the United States. We are excited to have you on board and sincerely appreciate your support.
As a registered member of Team Mitt, you'll now receive exclusive Team Mitt news with regular updates on the campaign, details of forthcoming events and special previews of campaign videos. We are committed to providing you with the tools and information to empower you to have a real impact on the outcome of this very important election.
To elect Mitt Romney we need the help of as many supporters as possible. If you have not done so already, we encourage you invite your friends and associates to join Team Mitt and get involved in supporting the campaign. Don’t let them miss out on this great opportunity to play a key role in electing our next president!
Thank you again for your support and welcome to our team!
Best regards,
Beth Myers,
Campaign Manager

------------

Then he quit today.
I came to the party too late.:angry:

dbs

image_6536619.jpg

image_6536618.jpg

By Jose Lambiet

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Conservative radio talker Rush Limbaugh's got a new sweetheart - and she's nearly half his age.

Limbaugh, who turned 57 Jan. 12, told Page Two he's been dating West Palm Beach resident Kathryn Rogers for the past six months.

Driver license records show she is 31.

"So much for me being a recluse," Limbaugh said, mocking news reports claiming he rarely leaves his Palm Beach compound. "We met four years ago when Kathryn worked for (golf great) Gary Player. There was a charity tournament. She was rounding up the celebrities to participate in the event. She called me and I played. It was at The Floridian (Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga's private course near Stuart).

"We've stayed in touch since and started dating in the summer."

Limbaugh introduced the blue-eyed blonde to the world Saturday night with a red carpet walk before dozens of paparazzi at Miami Beach's Ritz-Carlton. The occasion: high-profile lawyer Roy Black's yearly charity dinner that benefits Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez's good deed, the AROD Family Foundation.

Black, who's representing billionaire sex offense suspect Jeffrey Epstein in PBC, helped get Limbaugh out of a bind in 2003 when he was accused of doctor shopping to feed an addiction to pain pills. Now off the 18-month probation he plea-bargained, Limbaugh returned the favor.

Other notables at the dinner included former Baywatch babe Pam Anderson, comedian Tommy Davidson, platinum-voiced Patti LaBelle, A-Rod and his pregnant wife, Cynthia, and rocker Scott Weiland, frontman of Velvet Revolver.

So who's this new woman? Rogers is director of VIP relations for the South Florida Super Bowl Host Committee. Her job involves showing visiting NFL owners and the Tom Cruises of the world a good time when the next Dolphin Stadium Super Bowl rolls around in early 2010.

Ms. Rogers' neighborhood?

CityPlace!

"Rush, can I say we're dating," Rogers asked the often outrageous radioman before talking about her upbringing in fine institutions in London and embassies worldwide. Mom was a diplomat and dad a Naval Academy grad schooled with presidential hopeful John McCain.

As a teen, Rogers raised money for what Limbaugh talks about with disdain: the United Nations.

"It was for UNICEF (the UN's children's fund)," Rogers said. "I'm not sure he'd think it's evil. Rush is an incredibly great guy. Very different from what people think."

His life experience, Rogers says, is what attracted her.

"I grew up so differently, traveling around the world, that I'm sometimes not able to relate to the average person," the soft-spoken Rogers says. "Rush has such amazing experience."

She confesses they "do talk about politics."

"We don't have arguments, but I have my own opinions."

When it comes to matters of the heart, though, Limbaugh hasn't had such an easy go of it.

He has been married - and divorced - three times. He was legally freed from his latest wife, Marta, once a faceless listener of his show who e-mailed him her admiration, at Christmas 2004.

MrsSpringsteen said:
"Rush has such amazing experience."

At what? Being an arrogant blowhard and popping pills illegally prescribed to him after visiting a nation famous for it's underage prostitution?

It's what what every girl wants.:cute:

The scare tactics are starting already. Yeah it's been so prosperous and peaceful the last 8 years.

(AP)WASHINGTON — President Bush, rallying conservatives for a battle against Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, says "prosperity and peace" are at stake in the upcoming election for his successor.

"We have had good debates and soon we will have a nominee who will carry the conservative banner into this election and beyond," Bush said in prepared remarks of a speech he was to give Friday to the Conservative Political Action Conference.

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said in speech excerpts the White House released on Thursday night. "So with confidence in our vision and faith in our values, let us go forward ... fight for victory ... and keep the White House in 2008."

Bush is not expected to mention by name John McCain, who almost surely will be the GOP's presidential nominee. Conservatives are resigned to seeing McCain lead the Republican ticket, but the Arizona senator has a long history of disputes over economic and social issues with the party's right flank.

It remains unclear whether conservative voters will stay at home in November, or try to influence McCain's positions _ and his choice of a running mate. In his own defense, McCain says he is a true conservative and has lined up endorsements of many conservative political leaders.

After Republican Mitt Romney announced on Thursday that he was suspending his campaign, Bush had to pencil in minor changes to his speech, making it more forward-looking to the November election. Still, the White House says it's not time yet for Bush to formally weigh in on the election.

MrsSpringsteen said:
The scare tactics are starting already. Yeah it's been so prosperous and peaceful the last 8 years.

(AP)WASHINGTON — ...

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said

Is he fucking HIGH?

The economy is taking a shit due to deregulation of the banking industry and Republican-encouraged corporate greed. 3000 Americans are dead in a war for oil, and this idiot claims that his party is the party for prosperity and peace?!?!

People who think he's a good president are stupid. :tsk:

MrsSpringsteen said:
(AP)WASHINGTON — President Bush, rallying conservatives for a battle against Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, says "prosperity and peace" are at stake in the upcoming election for his successor.

And I thought John Howard was a moron when he said similar things about his government and Australia! I echo martha: is he fucking high?!

Hopefully American voters, like Australian voters last year, won't fall for this kind of utter nonsense and claptrap.

By "peace" I assume he means no terrorist attacks on US soil, that's an extremely narrow definition. But it will suffice for his purpose in making such an statement, right?

I have no explanation for the "prosperity" part other than it means a Democrat as President=high taxes. As we all know the tax breaks given to the wealthy are making us all so prosperous right now :rockon:

MrsSpringsteen said:

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said in speech excerpts the White House released on Thursday night. "So with confidence in our vision and faith in our values, let us go forward ... fight for victory ... and keep the White House in 2008."

Ah, yes, the fear campaign starts again. :cute:

martha said:

3000 Americans are dead in a war for oil, and this idiot claims that his party is the party for prosperity and peace?!?!

oh come on. give him at least a little more credit.

it's nearly 4000 dead in Iraq.

Hahaha, the good people over at Fox really don't think McCain is a Republican.

fox_mccaind.jpg

anitram said:
Hahaha, the good people over at Fox really don't think McCain is a Republican.

fox_mccaind.jpg

That makes how many times they label republicans they don't like as Democrats? They did it with Mark Foley and Arlen Spector, I doubt those are the only ones.

2861U2 said:

Come on martha, you only sound stupid when you say something like that.

You know, I would actually tend to agree with you there. It is a generality. Then I look back at the past 8 years. I have no personal dislike for Bush as a person, believe it or not. However, anyone who could look back at the policies and plans carried out by the Bush administration and come to a conclusion that he's done a good job would have to be a bit off, at the least. Unless deceptively being pushed into a bloody, unnecessary war, having a welfare and aid response system in shambles (as revealed by the Bush administration's disastrous response to Katrina), having an economy in the toilet, an education plan that has widened the gap between wealthy schools and those truly left behind in the inner cities, and unconstitutional acts that take away civil rights, are good things in one's eyes, then, yes, it doesn't make Martha's argument sound stupid at all. Imagine that, our fearless leader has actually managed to screw things up so badly, that we shouldn't even need a debate about whether or not good has come from his administration. Well done W.

What do you know? Pennsylvania might matter for once in the primaries. Just in case I changed my registration from no party affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom