US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are left leaning shows in Boston that have brought these things up. Are they uninformed and bigoted?

Did I say that it was only conservative talk radio?

And I will say it again, there was absolutely NO attack on Meghan McCain. Has it really come so far that a poster on an internet forum cannot rationally question the intent of someone's statement without it being construed as an attack?

...and then went on to call it an attack.

?

I may have missed it. I have searched the thread. Where did I classify this particular issue as an attack? I did broadly make the case that attacks on the families of the Republican candidate is not going to help Obama.

Have a nice night.

McCain has this new ad:

YouTube - Education

The Obama camp is very upset about it.

Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told CBS News the legislation Obama supported provided information to children on what to watch for when with an adult they don't know, such as inappropriate advances or touching.

“It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls – a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds. Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why,” says Obama spokesman Bill Burton in an emailed statement.

Sometimes campaigns overreact to the other side's ads.

But this is really quite disgusting.

Obama - no class :no:

This is something that pushes undecideds away.

Maybe you should do some research.

McCain used the exact same phrase in relation to Hillary (in this primary season).

I'm sure you'll be outraged about that too.

Yeah, because clearly using an old adage in a speech is totally a smear against the other guys and not just an old adage being used as a metaphor for a campaign.

I mean, clearly he's calling Sarah Palin a pig. Because it's a pig in lipstick and Palin's a girl, so she must wear lipstick, right? OMG he called her a pig!!!!!!

My eyes rolled so hard, they just fell out of my head.

What pushes undecides away is people saying "ONOES OMGZ, Obama called Palin a pig!" because we all know not everyone takes the time to listen to what he said and decide for themselves.

McCain used the exact same phrase in relation to Hillary (in this primary season).

October 11, 2007

DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) — Drawing comparisons between New York Sen. Hillary Clinton's current healthcare plan and the one she championed in 1993, Arizona Sen. John McCain joked Thursday, "I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig."

"There are many things that concern me about [Clinton's plan]," the Republican presidential candidate said. "It's…. eerily reminiscent of what they tried back in 1993."

McCain also said he traveled around the country that year "trying to make people aware of the catastrophic consequences that would ensue if we had enacted that healthcare plan."

mccain obviously didn't call hillary a pig, and a stupid person can tell that. obama obviously wasn't calling palin a pig, but a stupid person could think that he did.

a lot of stupid people vote.

McCain used the exact same phrase to describe Hillary.

Questionable then, I'd like to see the context.

Obama's use is beyond questionable.

Why, because on Palin maiden speech, yet the RNC speech the had the most viewers, the soundbite that did resonate, is the odd (silly imo) joke,
"What is the difference between a Pit Bull and a hockey mom?..... Lipstick! "

Since that speech she has been called a pit bull.

So when Obama chooses to say "Lipstick on a pig".

There appears to be a calculated sexist attack

Oh, COME ON.

Knock it off.

if you would honestly be shocked in our political climate that this quote could become a hot button issue in this election than you're pretty naive.

would it be sad if it did? yes.

would it be pathetic if it did? yes.

would it be shocking if it did, and did have an actual effect on the election? not at all.

if you would honestly be shocked in our political climate that this quote could become a hot button issue in this election than you're pretty naive.

would it be sad if it did? yes.

would it be pathetic if it did? yes.

would it be shocking if it did, and did have an actual effect on the election? not at all.

Maybe she holds Deep to a higher standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom