Unbelievable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
I think that this is a tremendous act from after such a tragedy
The organs of Ahmed Ismail Khatib, 13, the Palestinian boy shot Thursday by IDF soldiers in the West Bank town of Kabatiya near Jenin, will be donated to six Israelis.

Ahmed was shot after soldiers mistook his toy gun for a real one. Still, his parents decided to donate the organs “for the sake of peace between the two people.”

Meanwhile, the boy’s father said he was invited to meet with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who offered to apologize for the killing, Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported.

According to the Palestinian report, Ismail Khatib said that “if this would serve the Palestinian problem and advance a just peace, I will meet with Sharon and bring him a message of peace.”

Ahmed’s heart has been transplanted Sunday into the body of a 12-year-old girl at the Schneider hospital in Petah Tikva. His liver was donated to a six-month old baby and a 66-year-old woman at the Beilinson hospital in town.

Ahmed’s lungs will be donated to a 14-year-old Cystic Fibrosis patient, and his kidneys to a five-year-old boy and a four-year-old girl.
link

I know organ donation is something most of us have an idea of where we stand on before we need it, but in cases like this I find it so remarkable that given the freshness of his death, these parents can still do such a noble thing without the grief consuming them and the opportunity being lost for these 6 others.

Incredible people.
:(

The father was also motivated by having had a brother who died while waiting for a (liver?) transplant. So this was a wonderful way to acknowledge his life and death as well.

Back
Top Bottom