um, say what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
president bush, on social security:

Woman in audience:

I don't really understand. How is it the new [Social Security] plan is going to fix that problem?

President Bush:

"Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculated, for example, is on the table. Whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to that has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate-- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red."

no, seriously, what's he talking about?

I just ran that through the online George Bush translator..

translation - "The voters have spoken and I'm the king once again. I'm bored and need a new toy, so I'm going to screw around with Social Security. Anyone who doesn't like it can go live in another country like Alaska" :wink:

You know, if Bush put this much energy into solving our energy problem as he did being homophobic, stacking our judiciary with extremist Christian mullahs, and now trying to funnel Social Security into the stock market to drive up the Dow Jones Industrial Average (that's really what he wants to do; to hell with "solvency" or "fixing problems"), maybe I'd actually respect him. Instead, he's a joke. A colossal joke.

Melon

Last edited:
Bush doesn't have to explain his Social Security plan. He's got special consultant contracts with "journalists" to promote the administration's talking points.

Clearly, this woman in the audience somehow got her script mixed up...or crashed a staged event.

this is what worries me.

he really doesn't understan his policies. i mean, a high school senior taking AP Economics would absolutely fail if she were to give an answer like that on an exam, or, hell, a monday morning pop quiz.

this isn't being inarticulate, or being prone to malaproprism.

he really can't speak his way through a policy from one end to the other.

It's like the telephone game. Bush remembers all the big words like "for example", "table", "price increases" and "grow" but he just doesn't remember what order they were said to him.

But does he really need to explain, I mean the blind will follow him without explanation?!

I haven't met one supporter who can explain how this will solve shit, I really haven't.

Last edited:
There is a demonstration planned against Bush's Social Security planned Thursday. I'd go if I didn't have to work. I don't want Social Security on the f:censored:g stock market!

Back
Top Bottom